Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
I feel the same way.
Ditto. Having folks like the Sentry around, whose power seems to be 'power of a gajillion exploding hyperboles' when even a tiny percentage of that would destroy the entire solar system if he so much as sneezed, just goes right past ludicrous speed straight to plaid. (Literally, 'to plaid' in that the definition of his power level is utterly *meaningless.* It doesn't just trivialize the other characters, or the situation they're in, it reduces the character themselves to an absurdity.) And with those characters lounging around, with the power to do anything the writer chooses, their *choice* to do nothing of consequence when things like Incursions happen just makes them look like enormous jerks, not heroes.

Plus, when they are hanging around, perfectly viable heroic characters like Captain America or Hawkeye or Black Panther are either written as Batman-level ridiculously competent, or completely useless.

I'm just not a fan of the 'Superman' power set (or power level) at Marvel. Characters like Thor are one thing, because he's *not* a 'Superman clone,' and Hyperion and Gladiator are *deliberate* Superman clones, but when it comes down to Star Brand or Sentry or even the Blue Marvel, I'm less forgiving of them being basically Superman with zaps (even if some of them, like Blue Marvel, are interesting characters who are, IMO, held back from being used by their excessive power levels, something I fear happening to Monica Rambeau, if she keeps getting powered up...).