Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Strongest avenger

Who is the real strongest avenger? In your opinion. Any answer is alright!

Mighty Member

I know this will be contested but I'll give you the obvious answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboi View Post
    Who is the real strongest avenger? In your opinion. Any answer is alright!
    Strongest as in sheer strength, or strongest as in most powerful overall?

If it's pure strength I'd probably say Sentry. If we're talking most powerful of all time I'm leaning towards Captain Universe from Hickmans run.

Extraordinary Member

Everyone always says it's Thor. He's the standard to which everyone is always compared. We're always hearing that Thor is the most powerful of them all, there have been whole stories about the idea that he unconsciously holds back to keep from overshadowing the others, Wonder Man is always saying that he's almost (but not quite) as strong as Thor, etc.

Of course the reason for this is partly because Thor constantly jobs when he's in the Avengers, just like Superman is constantly getting knocked out when he's with the Justice League. So we hear that Thor is the most powerful of them all more often than we see it.

Most powerful overall

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Strongest as in sheer strength, or strongest as in most powerful overall?

If it's pure strength I'd probably say Sentry. If we're talking most powerful of all time I'm leaning towards Captain Universe from Hickmans run.
    There are so many "Avengers" now, its like most of the entire Marvel Universe is now an Avenger. Honestly IMO those two are as much Avengers as Squirrel Girl and Kamala Kahn. Sentry, Captain Universe, Hyperion, Atlas and every Avenger that has been an Avenger only by a single or a couple writer's tenure (and yes, I'm looking at you Wolverine and Spider-man) is more like a seasonal Avenger than a real one to me. I'd say maybe Hulk and Wonder Man and even Scarlet Witch might be able to be mentioned here but there are so many characters that don't really make the "real Avenger" cut. But I digress, and will accept this is only the opinion of this fan, people nowadays might like to consider everyone an Avenger.

Astonishing Member

If it was strongest versions and a last one standing situation I'd punt for Thor,

Sentry and Adam maybe, Wanda and strange as well could be

No matter who it is it still takes a whole team of 'em to try and take on the Hulk.

Mighty Member

Scarlet Witch is certainly Avengers Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 02-27-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Last edited by Thor-El; 02-27-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    There are so many "Avengers" now, its like most of the entire Marvel Universe is now an Avenger. Honestly IMO those two are as much Avengers as Squirrel Girl and Kamala Kahn. Sentry, Captain Universe, Hyperion, Atlas and every Avenger that has been an Avenger only by a single or a couple writer's tenure (and yes, I'm looking at you Wolverine and Spider-man) is more like a seasonal Avenger than a real one to me. I'd say maybe Hulk and Wonder Man and even Scarlet Witch might be able to be mentioned here but there are so many characters that don't really make the "real Avenger" cut. But I digress, and will accept this is only the opinion of this fan, people nowadays might like to consider everyone an Avenger.
    If we're talking purely core Avengers, then Thor is probably your overall safest bet.

I think under the right circumstances Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel can be as powerful or even more powerful than Thor. But Thor has the highest baseline IMO.

Sentry or Scarlet Witch or Monica Rambeau.

Possibly Moondragon and Mantis, both former members, who have taken on multiple members in the past.

Strongest? Hulk, followed closely by Hercules. Overall most powerful? Thor.

Peace

I'd have to say Thor. They have to downplay Thor in the Avengers a lot because he would overpower just about any villain(s) they face, making pretty much the rest of the team ineffective.

Thor's always been the clean up guy in the Avengers and in his own book, he faced far more powerful villains that we usually see in Avengers.

Physical Strength Hulk
    Most Powerful: Sentry

Sentry is basically Silver age Superman in Marvel