Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

so this is completely about who is most powerful nowI guess not strength based.

So Spectrum, Starbrand, Nighttmask are among the most powerful in raw power.

Of course there is Hawkeye. Not sure what his power is but something has kept him alive against huge guns.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Quasar is not going to be able to do to Blue Marvel what he does to Binary and others, true. In fact, Blue Marvel is apt to do to Quasar, what Quasar does to other energy/particle based characters. But I can think of a way where Quasar wins and since I'd be the one with the Quantum Bands in this scenario, it would work. But nope, I'm not sharing. Can't give any of these gutless writers who already won't use Blue Marvel a convenient way to cut him down a peg when/if he does appear again.

Oh and by the way, "Protector of the Universe" sounds like a good role for Blue Marvel, now that we're on the subject. Quantum Bands optional. I'm just saying.
    Honestly, if you like the character you probably don't want him getting thay job. Protectors of the universe tend to have short life spans. Wendell at least returned to life, but anyone else with the title or the band's probably need to make sure their life insurance premiums are paid.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would second that easily. Could imagine Blue Marvel with those bands though...?? With his ability to already handle massive amounts of power this guy would be close to Silver Surfer levels, I guess maybe beyond that even.
    Blue Marvel is already at Silver Surfer levels in terms of energy output. Remember, he can charge Carol to Binary mode with a snap of his finger. He had more than enough power to move a well-fed Galactus with energy bolts. He and Anti-Man share the same energy source, which is limitless according to Anti-Man. I think what Surfer has over Adam is more jaw-dropping feats and more demonstrated applications of the Power Cosmic. We really still don't know what Adam can do.

That said, giving Adam the Quantum Bands would still be an improvement. Just being able to quantum jump and create force fields that could protect him in hostile environments like the Neutral Zone would be a boon. Now that I think about it, there are quite a few things that former Quantum wearers could do that would aid Adam.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly, if you like the character you probably don't want him getting thay job. Protectors of the universe tend to have short life spans. Wendell at least returned to life, but anyone else with the title or the band's probably need to make sure their life insurance premiums are paid.
    Ha ha! Good point.

I'm not opposed to Adam dying a noble death. But only if it means that his son, Kevin, leaves his post as Guardian of the Neutral Zone and somehow finds a way to become the next Blue Marvel. If not Kevin, Adam's daughter, Adrienne. (And sure, let's give Adrienne some Cosmic Cube based powers while we're at it.)
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Blue Marvel is already at Silver Surfer levels in terms of energy output. Remember, he can charge Carol to Binary mode with a snap of his finger. He had more than enough power to move a well-fed Galactus with energy bolts. He and Anti-Man share the same energy source, which is limitless according to Anti-Man. I think what Surfer has over Adam is more jaw-dropping feats and more demonstrated applications of the Power Cosmic. We really still don't know what Adam can do.

That said, giving Adam the Quantum Bands would still be an improvement. Just being able to quantum jump and create force fields that could protect him in hostile environments like the Neutral Zone would be a boon. Now that I think about it, there are quite a few things that former Quantum wearers could do that would aid Adam.
    Surfers great advantage over most is the time hes been around to show his feats off

In terms of range of feats he's almost untouchable at marvel imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Surfers great advantage over most is the time hes been around to show his feats off

In terms of range of feats he's almost untouchable at marvel imo
    Yes, I agree. This is why I think that the Silver Surfer and the Blue Marvel deserve a limited series. Butch and Sundance, Spenser and Hawk, Starsky and Hutch, Kirk and Spock -- it could rival some of the greatest duos of all time.

~James Baldwin

ok then i guess i didn't have to do it myself

thank you everyone for sharing your opinions. Now I need to go and search up half of the names that you guys have written.

If you have seen Endgame, then you know that the two strongest Avengers are Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If you have seen Endgame, then you know that the two strongest Avengers are Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch.
    I disagree. CM didn't do anything Thor previously didn't in IW. If anything Hemsworth wanting to do something different with Thor is why he got jobbed so much even with Stormbreaker.