Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, what we need is QUALITY, not QUANTITY.
    Me, I love the character, but I have no interest in the writers handling Batman these days nor any interest with how DC has changed him so much from what he once was. If DC changes those things back, I might jump back on the bandwagon, but I just don't see any sign they'll do that since the current stuff seems to sell (at least in terms of what comic book shops order).
    It seems few at DC care about consistent characterisation and continuity. Batman shows up in a lot of titles and in most titles it's a different Batman

Writers are allowed to take creative liberties. Characterising him as they see him not as the character has been portrayed for decades. At times straight up ignoring or changing him to suit the story the want to tell.

The version @Coats seeks has been split. If you mix Synder'sJL/Metal batman, King's batman[ claims it's exploring THE MAN] and the Tec batman you get exactly that missing Batman.
    It's vexatious [or maybe makes some sense] that the characterisations that distance him the most from what he once was are usually in his own titles or stories penned by his writers.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-03-2019 at 10:08 PM.