Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Too Many DC Focus on the Batman and family

I’m tired...I’m just tired of DC and WB pushing all of these Batman themed titles and stories on us. Whatever happened to simplistic nature of Batman ?

Just catching random crooks and rarely fighting Super mental criminals. Now its seems that almost anyone who has encountered Batman is damaged in someway or another....tell me you see a pattern in some form ?

I mean unless we get a major DC Crisis level retcon of the entire DCU history...again...I can’t see how ine can be a fan of Batman and not get bogged down with his many history and family members.

Also before anyone mentions too Many Green Lanterns...remember that there are sectors and adventures in space and the fact that Earth is the place for many cosmic trouble as of late.

As Fans of Batman: What do you think of this ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 02-27-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Um, what?

Batman sells.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you consume the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don’t, this is a nonissue

Fantastic Member

Okay, sorry man but I am looking right now at the top selling books for comixology and amazon for graphic novels Batman and books featuring Bat family characters sell both the first volumes of Batman and Teen Titans Rebirth were in the top selling graphic novels. If I am DC and I want to make money I am going to keep printing all things Batman. Who knows someday Alfred may have a book.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Batman sells.
    A million times this, case closed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Batman sells.
    This, he sells way too much for them to think about anything else because in their eyes thats what the people want.

Perhaps if we stop buying it. It's our fault really. Here I am buying yet more bat family titles and merch and DC isn't even holding a gun to my head.

You can be a fan of batman and not get bogged down by his history and the family members. You don't have to follow them all and DC pushes them because [as others here have said and as i'm sure you know full well] a lot of people are willing to pay for them.

BANNED

DC doesn't give any focus or push to Nightwing, and I'd sure pay out some serious money for it. As for the rest--it's like a buffet: If you want some, help your plate; if you don't leave it on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Okay, sorry man but I am looking right now at the top selling books for comixology and amazon for graphic novels Batman and books featuring Bat family characters sell both the first volumes of Batman and Teen Titans Rebirth were in the top selling graphic novels. If I am DC and I want to make money I am going to keep printing all things Batman. Who knows someday Alfred may have a book.
    Your solution is to blindly kill all morons who only buy books with Batman, no matter how pathetically miserable those books are.

Does that solve the problem for you?

I do believe I would read an Alfred book.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Your solution is to blindly kill all morons who only buy books with Batman, no matter how pathetically miserable those books are.

Does that solve the problem for you?
    Assuming those morons buy batman exclusively. fans cross bases

Alfred's got a show won't be surprising if he gets a title.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Perhaps if we stop buying it. It's our fault really. Here I am buying yet more bat family titles and merch and DC isn't even holding a gun to my head.

You can be a fan of batman and not get bogged down by his history and the family members. You don't have to follow them all and DC pushes them because [as others here have said and as i'm sure you know full well] a lot of people are willing to pay for them.
    It does not matter if you don't buy it. Stores will STILL stock it.

He and his family are guaranteed shelf space.

No matter WHO you pair him with. See Duke Thomas. For all that Duke hate-it did not hurt his mini nor his trade.

I think a better question would be when will DC legitimately build up the other franchises. Yeah Batman is there but he can't be EVERYTHING to everybody. He can't counter what Carol Danvers, Miles, Deadpool, Black Panther and others bring to people.

He needs help and no company would settle for seeing Batman as the only DC product in tops sale surrounded by Marvel products. That means you are missing out on MONEY.

BANNED

DC has a dreadful habit of concentrating only on Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. That's why we can't get fun stuff like "Guardians of the Galaxy."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It does not matter if you don't buy it. Stores will STILL stock it.

He and his family are guaranteed shelf space.

No matter WHO you pair him with. See Duke Thomas. For all that Duke hate-it did not hurt his mini nor his trade.

I think a better question would be when will DC legitimately build up the other franchises. Yeah Batman is there but he can't be EVERYTHING to everybody. He can't counter what Carol Danvers, Miles, Deadpool, Black Panther and others bring to people.

He needs help and no company would settle for seeing Batman as the only DC product in tops sale surrounded by Marvel products. That means you are missing out on MONEY.

Yeah, good thing they have Harley, Wonder Woman and Aquaman to counter Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Black Panther instead of pitting Batman against them like the way you make it sound like.
    Miles is a beneficiary of the Spider-Man brand anyway of which Batman is a competitor