Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It does not matter if you don't buy it. Stores will STILL stock it.

He and his family are guaranteed shelf space.

No matter WHO you pair him with. See Duke Thomas. For all that Duke hate-it did not hurt his mini nor his trade.

I think a better question would be when will DC legitimately build up the other franchises. Yeah Batman is there but he can't be EVERYTHING to everybody. He can't counter what Carol Danvers, Miles, Deadpool, Black Panther and others bring to people.

He needs help and no company would settle for seeing Batman as the only DC product in tops sale surrounded by Marvel products. That means you are missing out on MONEY.
    I'm still waiting for Duke's solo ongoing.

Incredible Member

Some have already said it - "Batman sells".

What you need to remember is that DC is a business before anything else and would be driven by revenue and the need to make profits.

Think it's really that simple.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-28-2019 at 02:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Some have already said it - "Batman sells".

What you need to remember that DC is a business before anything else and would be driven by revenue and the need to make profits.

Think it's really that simple.
    "Nothing succeeds like success."

The only people who see too much Batman is

1.Batman fans- Obvious
    2. Collectors and Hardcore fans who make an active choice to buy a lot comics not necessary because they love the books but because it is their habit
    3. Your a pirate who has access to all of the books because you don't pay any money for it

Nobody is forced to see too much Batman or Wolverine. You want less Batman in your life you have a simple choice

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I do believe I would read an Alfred book.
    Well he's getting a tv show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC has a dreadful habit of concentrating only on Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. That's why we can't get fun stuff like "Guardians of the Galaxy."
    DC only pays lip service to Wonder Woman and the Superman Family is neglected compared to the Bat Family.

DC has a dreadful habit of concentrating only on Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. That's why we can't get fun stuff like "Guardians of the Galaxy."
    The fact that DC doesn't own the "Guardians of the Galaxy" franchise may also play a part in that . . .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman only gets one regular solo title, which is pretty lacking compared to Superman and ESPECIALLY the Batman titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    As Fans of Batman: What do you think of this ?
    You mean "What do I think of someone who comes into a Batman fan forum and complains about too many Batman comics in the world"?

Take a wild stab.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wonder Woman only gets one regular solo title, which is pretty lacking compared to Superman and ESPECIALLY the Batman titles.
    Wonder Woman is in the Justice League as well as her own title, and she gets to guest in other titles.

Fantastic Member

I would love it DC would bring back Sensation Comics for Wonder Woman. I think they did either during the New 52 or the DCU era, but I don't know how well it did. I remember it as an anthology series for Wonder Woman, but I think it could be interesting if it acted more like a secondary title like Action Comics and Detective Comics. I guess it could be a great series for writers pitching new story ideas for Wonder Woman I thought it would be a good idea to bring back Sensation Comics to try to get it to his 1000th issue. But, I don't know if DC thinks it could sell.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    . . . I thought it would be a good idea to bring back Sensation Comics to try to get it to his 1000th issue. But, I don't know if DC thinks it could sell.
    Do you know how many YEARS it would take to even semi-realistically reach issue #1000 for Sensation Comics? Its original run ended with issue #109 in 1952, after which the numbering continued under the title "Sensation Mystery" for seven more issues.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you know how many YEARS it would take to even semi-realistically reach issue #1000 for Sensation Comics? Its original run ended with issue #109 in 1952, after which the numbering continued under the title "Sensation Mystery" for seven more issues.
    Well, you learn something new every day. Didn't know that.

There is a thing called Justice League Odyssey out there currently? You want DC's Guardian of the Galaxy ? Support the book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman is in the Justice League as well as her own title, and she gets to guest in other titles.
    For one of their marquee characters and a member of the Trinity, and the only one with a decent movie in the current slate, that's comparatively very little to the other two.

She just has WW as a solo. She should at least have Sensation Comics, if not some additional spin offs. Batman has Batman and Detective, plus at various times spin offs for all his kids. Superman has his two solos, Supergirl, and now Lois and Jimmy get books. In addition to being regular JL characters