BANNED

Default A question about Inferno

I've only ever skimmed some issues of Inferno and read cover to cover tangential tie-ins in Spider-Man and Daredevil. Because of this I would like some clarification on what exactly the effects of the Inferno New York could have upon everyday citizens. Reading Uncanny X-Men #240-241 it seemed like the X-Men were unwittingly changing into demons and becoming more cruel and evil.

I want this clarification because in the Spider-Man tie-in issues the Hobgoblin seems to be aware Norman Osborn was the OG Green Goblin and got super powers from a Goblin formula. But there is no way for him to realistically have found that out. So I was wondering if a potential No. Prize or whatever could be the supernatural nature of the Inferno event could have somehow granted him that knowledge.

Thats a question more fit for the Spider-Man board

It was probably Michelinie or Conway forgetting that Jason became Hobgoblin because Jason sucks.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats a question more fit for the Spider-Man board
    Yeah but the nature of what Inferno even was was explored in the X-books so X-Fans would know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It was probably Michelinie or Conway forgetting that Jason became Hobgoblin because Jason sucks.
    Not the point of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Yeah but the nature of what Inferno even was was explored in the X-books so X-Fans would know better.

Not the point of the thread
    Thats a question very specific to Spiderman though. Inferno is one of my favorite stories and I know it inside and out in terms of the main crossover but I couldnt tell you how it affected the rest of the MU. I dont think knowledge of the X-books can help you here. Spider-Man readers are better equipped to handle this

BANNED

Thats a question very specific to Spiderman though. Inferno is one of my favorite stories and I know it inside and out in terms of the main crossover but I couldnt tell you how it affected the rest of the MU. I dont think knowledge of the X-books can help you here. Spider-Man readers are better equipped to handle this
    The main question is about the mechanics of inferno and what the effects of it were. the spider-man stuff was just to clarify why i was asking it.

If I asked 'hey what were Onslaught's powers' that'd be an X-Men question. the fact that I am asking for the sake of figuring out something in Spider-Man isn't really here or there, it just adds context behind why I am asking.

The basic question boils down to how could the Inferno event affect people and their minds more specifically. Could it for instance grant them knowledge they otherwise couldn't possess?

The main question is about the mechanics of inferno and what the effects of it were. the spider-man stuff was just to clarify why i was asking it.

If I asked 'hey what were Onslaught's powers' that'd be an X-Men question. the fact that I am asking for the sake of figuring out something in Spider-Man isn't really here or there, it just adds context behind why I am asking.

The basic question boils down to how could the Inferno event affect people and their minds more specifically. Could it for instance grant them knowledge they otherwise couldn't possess?
    thats not something that happened with the X-men

BANNED

thats not something that happened with the X-men
    Okay then. How DID Inferno affect their minds. It obviously did because they got nastier as soon as they entered the Limbo mutated NYC

If you don’t know, just don’t post.
    You don’t have to backseat moderate every thread, it’s annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    If you don’t know, just don’t post.
    You don’t have to backseat moderate every thread, it’s annoying.
    I’m not moderating this thread. I tried to direct him to where he might find more useful info. You find me annoying? Take it up with the real mods

Okay then. How DID Inferno affect their minds. It obviously did because they got nastier as soon as they entered the Limbo mutated NYC

That’s it. They were tainted and were more aggressive than normal. Most left unscathed but it messed with Longshot enough to make him quit. I’ll find to re read it but I believe it was Maddie’s influence that affected them not simply being in NY as nothing happened to Xfactor , New Mutants or the Xterminators
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-27-2019 at 07:10 PM.