Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Have you heard the voices 4Kids gave to Yuma Tsukumo in Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Yuya Sakaki and Z-Arc from Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V?
    Annoying and goofy by definition.
    It can never be as bad as the what 4Kids did to Sanji in their beyond bad dub of One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It can never be as bad as the what 4Kids did to Sanji in their beyond bad dub of One Piece.
    The 2 worst dub voices I can think of are Excel from Excel Saga (the point of a dub is to be understood you stupid director) and the possessive lesbian self proclaimed BFF from the A Certain series.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hisako (Armor) from the X-Men Anime. High pitched whining that irritated the bejeezus out of me every time she spoke.

Mighty Member

Thanks! Have you ever met teens who actually talk and sound like the Filmation Archie gang? They sound suspiciously like middle-aged radio voice actors...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I actually find the CGI Chipmunks less annoying than the OGs. The 80s/early 90s voices were the best, IMHO. They're not all the same actors, are they? Maybe an improvement from the old half-speed, sped up recording style?

I've been told I laugh like him in real life. Sad panda ...
    I've actually met 2 people who laugh like him... lol

Mighty Member

I guess because I was 10 when The Archie Show was first broadcast that I don't have much trouble with the voices, just something I grew up with, even if they didn't exactly match the voices I imagined when I read the comics. Dal McKennon (who voiced Gumby) was Archie, Mr. Weatherbee, and Hot Dog; Howard Morris (Ernest T. Bass) was Jughead; Jane Webb was Betty, Veronica, Miss Grundy and Sabrina; and He Man John Erwin was Reggie. There's one episode where I think Don Messick voiced Jughead, and I think he would've fitted Jug's personality better than Morris. What I really find amusing is that Dal McKennon was also in live action film and tv, and at that time, the voice of teenage Archie looked just like an old time desert prospector!

Spongebob and Buster Bunny from Tiny Toons.

Mighty Member

Hands down the worst cartoon voice ever is Pidge from the original Voltron. Good lord I don't know what they were going for there.

None of you mentioned the two most annoying voices in cartoon land Thundercats Snarf and He-Mans Orko. Talk about being suicidal!!!!!!!!!!
    Hail Hydra!

Gilbert Gottfried as Mister Mxyzptlk, or really anyone he voices.

definitely Orko

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
    this actually reminded me of my most annoying cartoon voice, because they have the same voice actor. Justin roiland

it's funny because while i don't think his rick or morty are annoying (he does both voices), his lemon grab however is ear piercingly annoying, though probably deliberately so.
    unacceptableeeee

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hands down the worst cartoon voice ever is Pidge from the original Voltron. Good lord I don't know what they were going for there.
    I really love that they parodied that in the new version.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    1960's Archie was the one that immediately came to mind for me, too. Why such goofy voices for what are supposed to be actual people?

Especially Veronica... that awful screechy voice with, for some reason, a southern accent.
    I've listened to episodes of the old Archie radio show from the 1940's and Veronica had a southern accent. I guess the producers of the cartoon show continued the theme twenty years later.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Gilbert Gottfried as Mister Mxyzptlk, or really anyone he voices.
    I think he was perfect in that particular role, as the 5th dimensional imp is supposed to be annoying as hell in everything he does. That includes merely speaking.
    Dark does not mean deep.