Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is your favorite movie batman?

MY FAVORITE IS VAL KILMER!

2 Michael Keaton
    3 Adam West
    4 Christian bale

For the joker my favorite is Heath ledger !
    Mark hamill
    Jack Nicholson

( mark hamill makes it on the list regardless of animation)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Lee View Post
    MY FAVORITE IS VAL KILMER!

2 Michael Keaton
    3 Adam West
    4 Christian bale

For the joker my favorite is Heath ledger !
    Mark hamill
    Jack Nicholson

( mark hamill makes it on the list regardless of animation)
    It may not be the most popular choice--but I liked Ben Affleck best--too bad he didn't have a good movie to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It may not be the most popular choice--but I liked Ben Affleck best--too bad he didn't have a good movie to work with.
    I'm assuming this is a lie or that you dont like batman....
    " IM A FRIEND OF YOUR SON "- Ben Affleck
    Last edited by Linda Lee; 02-27-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Amazing Member

If we're strictly talking live action I gotta go with Keaton. Specifically with his performance in the 89 Batman. There's a real subtlety to his performance as the character. There are many moments where he has to convey what his character is going through without the use of dialogue, and for me at least he pulls it off. For me he's the only live action actor to succeed at making Batman and Bruce Wayne two separate people.

All-New Member

George Clooney and Ben Affleck mos probably.

All-New Member

Ben Affleck and george clooney mos probably..

Astonishing Member

For Batman, I'd go with Michael Keaton. He really gave the impression of Batman being this almost paranormal otherworldly creature of the night who could truly terrorize the criminals of Gotham.

For Bruce Wayne, I'd go with Christian Bale. He gave us a brilliant psychological portrayal of the character - a man driven by almost superhuman determination, and a strong moral compass, yet deeply vulnerable nonetheless.

I think this says a lot about the respective versions of the Dark Knight they played as well. Burton's Bruce Wayne virtually had a split personality. He came across as a somewhat psychologically disturbed man who transformed into something else entirely when he put on the suit. Nolan's Bruce Wayne on the other hand was a man who used the suit as a weapon, and also as a symbol of hope for the citizens of Gotham. In other words, Keaton played Bruce Wayne AND Batman, while Bale played Bruce Wayne who in turn played the part of Batman.

Affleck made a great Bruce Wayne and Batman as well. He played an older, worn-out version of the character where there really remained no distinction between the two identities. Affleck is basically playing the same guy, who sometimes wears the suit and sometimes doesn't. This I think is reflective of where Bruce is at this point in his life and career. Its also I suppose where Bale's Batman logically would have ended up had he kept going.

Val Kilmer did a great Bruce Wayne, better than Michael Keaton's. His Batman was a watered down version of Keaton's Batman though.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    For Batman, I'd go with Michael Keaton. He really gave the impression of Batman being this almost paranormal otherworldly creature of the night who could truly terrorize the criminals of Gotham.

For Bruce Wayne, I'd go with Christian Bale. He gave us a brilliant psychological portrayal of the character - a man driven by almost superhuman determination, and a strong moral compass, yet deeply vulnerable nonetheless.

I think this says a lot about the respective versions of the Dark Knight they played as well. Burton's Bruce Wayne virtually had a split personality. He came across as a somewhat psychologically disturbed man who transformed into something else entirely when he put on the suit. Nolan's Bruce Wayne on the other hand was a man who used the suit as a weapon, and also as a symbol of hope for the citizens of Gotham. In other words, Keaton played Bruce Wayne AND Batman, while Bale played Bruce Wayne who in turn played the part of Batman.

Affleck made a great Bruce Wayne and Batman as well. He played an older, worn-out version of the character where there really remained no distinction between the two identities. Affleck is basically playing the same guy, who sometimes wears the suit and sometimes doesn't. This I think is reflective of where Bruce is at this point in his life and career. Its also I suppose where Bale's Batman logically would have ended up had he kept going.

Val Kilmer did a great Bruce Wayne, better than Michael Keaton's. His Batman was a watered down version of Keaton's Batman though.
    We have very different opinions. I dont agree with alot of what you said. But that's why I made an opinion/ favorites post. Thanks for writing

Ben Affleck. Both as Batman and as Bruce Wayne

Hands down Ben.
    Keaton and West are distant 2nd and 3rd.

Ben was good, but Adam West for me. It was a fun Batman that, while he could be serious, he also knew how to have fun.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head as for why Bale's Batman didn't work for me quite as well as Keaton's. Unlike Keaton I didn't get a change in personality from Bale's Batman. That's not to say that I thought he was a bad Batman, but he wasn't as effective for me in the role.

The best Batman is Michael Keaton. But I think George Clooney seemed the most like Bruce Wayne. He certainly was the best looking Bruce Wayne. Just seemed like what Bruce Wayne would look like and act like.
    Never really bought Keaton or Bale as Bruce Wayne because they were too goofy looking.

Christian Bale and it's not even close for me. He was selfless, inspiring and displayed the hero side of Batman like no other.

For me its Bale