Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5 #16

Woo, that issue was so much crazier than I expected. Didn't realize it was gonna be a 30-page issue too so that was a treat.

spoilers:
    Kraven's son murdering all his other sons is just as screwed up as it sounds.

Sending all the rich snob hunters to hunt super villains is a clever idea, as Kraven's way of "training" the next generation. And they kind of subtley explain why not EVERY animal themed hero and villain are involved, because its just whoever Taskmaster and Black Ant could capture.

MJ caring for sick Peter is cute as always.

Feel really bad for Billy.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Okay, just read ASM #16, and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This is event is going to be crazy in the best possible ways.
    YES!!

This was a great issue that did a tremendous job of setting up and stoking the excitement for Hunted.

I was blown away by the scope of Kraven's plans in this issue. You can't read this and not be hit with just how huge this arc is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Woo, that issue was so much crazier than I expected. Didn't realize it was gonna be a 30-page issue too so that was a treat.

spoilers:
    Kraven's son murdering all his other sons is just as screwed up as it sounds.

Sending all the rich snob hunters to hunt super villains is a clever idea, as Kraven's way of "training" the next generation. And they kind of subtley explain why not EVERY animal themed hero and villain are involved, because its just whoever Taskmaster and Black Ant could capture.

MJ caring for sick Peter is cute as always.

Feel really bad for Billy.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    YES!!

This was a great issue that did a tremendous job of setting up and stoking the excitement for Hunted.

I was blown away by the scope of Kraven's plans in this issue. You can't read this and not be hit with just how huge this arc is going to be.
    One hundred percent sold and we haven't even gotten to the actual event yet. This issue was freaking lit. I can't wait for "Hunted."

I literally didn't expect Kraven to do what he did this issue. I wonder what Spidey going to do when he finds out he also going against regular hunters chances are he is going to try to save them as well

... and with a single twist - as if the work leading up to this wasn't reason enough - Spencer and Ottley totally sold me...we are in good hands lol:

2019-02-27_22-48-53.jpg

Fantastic issue, plotting, script, art, humor..it all feels classic. Got nerd chills about this story...
    Last edited by Von; 02-27-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Yeah, man what a great setup issue. Lots of interesting directions and ideas set up, Hunted is going to be an exciting story if this prologue is any indication.

Astonishing Member

I really can't ignore how much Kraven looks like Omni-Man now.

BANNED

The end of the issue with Spider-Man saying he's feeling dread is one for KLH. Spider-Man said that in that issue when he swung from Joe Face's funeral and said it right before he got tranq'd by Kraven.

Incredible Member

Was unable to get to the comic store today but i read the issue online. Can someone explain if the final page with "R.Cade" at the hotel was out of place or was that how it was printed as well. It seemed so random

Great set-up.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    ... and with a single twist - as if the work leading up to this wasn't reason enough - Spencer and Ottley totally sold me...we are in good hands lol:

2019-02-27_22-48-53.jpg

Fantastic issue, plotting, script, art, humor..it all feels classic. Got nerd chills about this story...
    That was such a great, twisted moment. I had no idea where it was going. I thought for a moment that Kraven's son had broken him...and then, THAT.

Fantastic set up, I was already pretty excited for this storyline but now it can't come quick enough. Easily the best Kraven's been in years.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

this issue seemed longer and more entertaining than usual. even the artist stepped it his game. long live Spencer! whenever you think you know what's coming, he hits you with the swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Was unable to get to the comic store today but i read the issue online. Can someone explain if the final page with "R.Cade" at the hotel was out of place or was that how it was printed as well. It seemed so random
    I wondered about that too. maybe it was an after credits scene.

Question: Who texted Billy? was it actually that girl and she just didn't know that Billy was a) dead and b) resurrected as a lizard boy? that kind of threw me off. I assumed it was Taskmaster and Black Ant trying to use him as bait. I don't think raggedy centipede demon person has a cell phone.