Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I really can't ignore how much Kraven looks like Omni-Man now.
    If there's anyone who can draw evil moustaches, its Ottley!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Question: Who texted Billy? was it actually that girl and she just didn't know that Billy was a) dead and b) resurrected as a lizard boy? that kind of threw me off. I assumed it was Taskmaster and Black Ant trying to use him as bait. I don't think raggedy centipede demon person has a cell phone.
    Yeah, it was the girl that texted Billy and told him to come to her party, she just obviously didn't know that he's a lizard boy so of course freaked out along with everyone else when he suddenly showed up. There was no setup, just misunderstanding, with Taskmaster and Black Ant just accidentally bumping into him, they even said how they couldn't find the Lizard again after Spider-Man stopped them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I wondered about that too. maybe it was an after credits scene.
    Yeah. It was in an after-credits scene.

Only true hero and very handsome Cap writer Nick Spencer could do an entire event with Marvel's flagship title and character that revolves entirely around shitting on the big game hunting industry and climate change. What a lord.

We have to come up with funny names for Kraven Jr. before Spencer drops like five of them during the event. I'm running with Kraven Momoa.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Only true hero and very handsome Cap writer Nick Spencer could do an entire event with Marvel's flagship title and character that revolves entirely around shitting on the big game hunting industry and climate change. What a lord.

We have to come up with funny names for Kraven Jr. before Spencer drops like five of them during the event. I'm running with Kraven Momoa.
    i'm just calling him Tigerbeat.

Random aside, Ana Kraven would be an interesting love interest for Miles Morales.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    YES!!

This was a great issue that did a tremendous job of setting up and stoking the excitement for Hunted.

I was blown away by the scope of Kraven's plans in this issue. You can't read this and not be hit with just how huge this arc is going to be.
    Totally agreed! This just blew me away; if this doesn’t turn out to be one of the best Spidey tales in recent history, I will be shocked and disappointed—-what a great setup and premise!

I'm really pumped for this event. All these villains is going to be cool. I hope Roger Gocking the Porcupine is one of them. Yeah I know he's a hero now but he still wears the skin of an animal. Hope to see some heroes who wear the skin as well. This is going to be awesome! Janice Lincoln the Beetle? Now I'm going to have to Google every hero and villain who wear the skin to see who could possibly also be in this. I'm hoping to see Grizzly too! I'm looking more forward to this than War of Realms. My wallet is going to take a hit in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Random aside, Ana Kraven would be an interesting love interest for Miles Morales.
    I wonder, now that she's shown as divorcing herself from the Kraven name, maybe we'll see her pop up as some sort of new anti-hero somewhere? I don't see her immediately coming back into play in this arc, but its possible for later.

Another win for me, I like that again Spencer is not ignoring past events but also incorporating and expanding upon them in a way that makes me want more.
    Felt bad for Billy though, not just because of the capture, i feel like this is setting up for not just spidey but for Connors to step up.
    Also anyone else feel that the mention of Kraven's daughter is foreshadowing her return to fight not only her father but her brother as well?

One thought I had after digesting this fantastic issue: I get what Kraven means about "earning/deserving" the right to wear the animal that each of these villains has adopted but don't you think that Puma is the one among the group shown in this issue that actually has? His origin stories show him training/sacrificing much to become Puma and actually defeating an actual Puma in battle IIRC so he kinda seems like an outlier here.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Another win for me, I like that again Spencer is not ignoring past events but also incorporating and expanding upon them in a way that makes me want more.
    Felt bad for Billy though, not just because of the capture, i feel like this is setting up for not just spidey but for Connors to step up.
    Also anyone else feel that the mention of Kraven's daughter is foreshadowing her return to fight not only her father but her brother as well?
    Yes to the bolded. Seems like Spencer is definitely setting up Ana's return.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    One thought I had after digesting this fantastic issue: I get what Kraven means about "earning/deserving" the right to wear the animal that each of these villains has adopted but don't you think that Puma is the one among the group shown in this issue that actually has? His origin stories show him training/sacrificing much to become Puma and actually defeating an actual Puma in battle IIRC so he kinda seems like an outlier here.......
    I thought that too. I actually just finished re-reading the first couple of Puma appearances so he was fresh in my mind when I read this issue. Doesn't seem like he's quite in the same category as the others here but I'm glad he's involved in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I really can't ignore how much Kraven looks like Omni-Man now.
    Lol. I was thinking the same.

Yet another solid issue.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I'm really pumped for this event. All these villains is going to be cool. I hope Roger Gocking the Porcupine is one of them. Yeah I know he's a hero now but he still wears the skin of an animal. Hope to see some heroes who wear the skin as well. This is going to be awesome! Janice Lincoln the Beetle? Now I'm going to have to Google every hero and villain who wear the skin to see who could possibly also be in this. I'm hoping to see Grizzly too! I'm looking more forward to this than War of Realms. My wallet is going to take a hit in the next few months.
    that's one way to get Jessica Drew involved.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

that's one way to get Jessica Drew involved.
    That would be cool, too, as would a possible Miles/Ana relationship in the vein of Spider-Man (Peter)/Black Cat, only Ana's even more unstable than Felicia at her worst. Miles would have to be very on his toes the entire time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.