Instead of embracing his destiny as the Earth's saviour, Clark turns away from it.
He does? How? I don't remember him turning it away. He seemed willing to try after he met Jor-El and also after the leap of faith scene. He always helped people even when Pa Kent said how dangerous it could be if found out.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
I hate to say this but it would not break my heart if the DCEU died. Simply because of the way it treated Superman. I get that it's all we have right now and that they've started going in a different direction but it would take a lot for me to accept it at this point. I find it interesting I'm looking more forward to the Joker movie than any other DC movie at the moment and a lot of that is simply because it's a stand alone film that has no connection to the DCEU. That, and I'm getting kind of sick of franchise movies. This "you're obligated to see everything that comes out in order to follow what's going on" thing bothers me. It's why I'm waiting to see Endgame. I'm not in huge hurry to watch something out of a sense of obligation.
I don't think anyone should watch a movie out of obligation. I don't think most people who have watched the mcu movies did. They did it because they wanted to see it.