Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default B-List Characters From Other Franchises Who Can Be Made Into Batfamily Members

Who are some B-List characters who can be transformed into part of the Batman franchise as for them to get more brand recognition?

Extraordinary Member

Probably almost every non powered (or very low powered) hero, who does mainly street level/detective stuff.
    Charcters like:

- Dr. Midnight
    - Mr. Terrific
    - Hourman
    - Manhunter
    - Blue Beetle
    - The Question
    - Wildcat
    - Crimson Avenger
    - Sandman

Raven, always wanted to see her perched on a gargoyle, disgruntled at the grimy underbelly of Gotham.

Powered or un-powered, I wouldn't mind.

Chris Kent/Lor Zod. Taken under Dick's wing as Flamebird.

Even though he's not B-rank n his world, and if DC ever gets to use the Milestone characters again, Hardware would be an awesome fit for Batman's world. I don't think he'd be necessarily part of the batfamily per say but I could see him being an equal level colleague for Bruce. I think it would be interesting to have him interacting with the members of the batfamily as a juxtaposition to Batman; see who gravitates toward him based on his rougher edge and whatnot.

Bunker just linked up with Red Hood and I think he could be a fun person to join the Batfamily. he and Dick would be a cool pair and I'm sure Bruce could find a use for a person who can create constructs.

I also think Aqualad would be an interesting person to train under Batman. I think him working under Bruce would be a cool way to bootstrap his development into someone more in-line with his Young Justice iteration which made him as popular as he is.

I loved Wallace West when he was part of Deathstroke's team and I think if Christopher Priest ever gets a crack at Batman he could bring Wallace into the fold too; especially since he's forever got beef with Barry.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-01-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 03-01-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Hawk and Dove.

I'm not sure I agree with the premise of this post, given the development of Black Canary as the Birds of Prey became tied to Gotham with the New 52.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Batman universe is struggling to support its own actual characters such as Cass, Steph and Helena Bertinelli among frankly MANY others almost all of whom are popular and have had books.
    I dont see the point of adding random guys from everywhere. Sure Wally could be a supporting character in Dick's book, Conner & Bart in Tim's or Jon & Emiko in Damian's or Supergirl can show up in Batgirl. Artemis and Bizarro are good examples of that but at the neither of them were Bat characters.

The Family is already overstuffed.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Batman universe is struggling to support its own actual characters such as Cass, Steph and Helena Bertinelli among frankly MANY others almost all of whom are popular and have had books.
    I dont see the point of adding random guys from everywhere. Sure Wally could be a supporting character in Dick's book, Conner & Bart in Tim's or Jon & Emiko in Damian's or Supergirl can show up in Batgirl. Artemis and Bizarro are good examples of that but at the neither of them were Bat characters.
    This is just fun exercise. Plus these aforementioned characters don't have to interact with the main Batman titles all the time, they just have to be associated with the Bat-family to at least a loose degree.

Starfire almost married into the Batfamily.

Fantastic Member

I know she just created but I wouldn't mind seeing Djinn in the Batfamily in the future.

Mar'i Grayson.

Dick went and made a grandpa out of Bruce!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who remembered Mystral.

Protector is a favorite of mine too.

I add Mister Scarlet & Pinky the Whiz Kid.