Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Mar'i Grayson.

Dick went and made a grandpa out of Bruce!
    And a husband out of Damian

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    And a husband out of Damian
    … uh what?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    … uh what?
    people ship Damian and Mar'i.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    But wouldn't she basically be his niece?

It comes from Kingdom Come, when the two were about the same age and Damian (Ibn at the time) was going out on a date with her, much to Dick's chagrin.

Not that I agree with it, but its where it came from. I'd much rather Damian be Uncle Dami than "Hello, Damian...".

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The Family is already overstuffed.
    All that needs to be said. We already have enough and let's end at that. No more

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It comes from Kingdom Come, when the two were about the same age and Damian (Ibn at the time) was going out on a date with her, much to Dick's chagrin.

Not that I agree with it, but its where it came from. I'd much rather Damian be Uncle Dami than "Hello, Damian...".
    … uh what?
    Nothing to doing with shipping referencing an interesting fact about the character and her arc.

In that universe doubt Mari would ever call that Damian Uncle and no way would Dick approve of his kid calling that Damian Uncle.

Astonishing Member

I doubt you can call her a B-lister now, but I think Black Canary kinda qualifies as a Bat-family member in the loosest sense, because of Birds of Prey. And also, the original Black Canary, and presumably the current one as well, were originally from Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Raven, always wanted to see her perched on a gargoyle, disgruntled at the grimy underbelly of Gotham.

Powered or un-powered, I wouldn't mind.
    She needs to be apart of the Birds of Prey so she can be allowed to grow up

legally but not biologically.

Granted it would depend on how they met/know each other. His initial Elseworlds story had him grow up separately from Batman and meeting him as an adult which is also when he met Mar'i. It's less creepy than a different universe where damian was raised in the batfamily and was there when she was born etc.

Astonishing Member

legally but not biologically.

Granted it would depend on how they met/know each other. His initial Elseworlds story had him grow up separately from Batman and meeting him as an adult which is also when he met Mar'i. It's less creepy than a different universe where damian was raised in the batfamily and was there when she was born etc.
    She also wouldn't legally be his niece, because Dick was never legally 'adopted' by Bruce. Dick was Bruce's ward, not adopted son, in a legal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I doubt you can call her a B-lister now, but I think Black Canary kinda qualifies as a Bat-family member in the loosest sense, because of Birds of Prey. And also, the original Black Canary, and presumably the current one as well, were originally from Gotham.
    I'd argue that that shift hasn't done Black Canary any favours, and it was done without any thought on the character at all. She just was forced along when Barbara Gordon was put back into the Batgirl suit and got stuck back into Gotham.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

All my personal opinion, not sure how well any of these would actually work but I would want to see:

I think Starfire would be really interesting to add to the batfamily, she has a lot of connections already but seeing her get training from Bruce to reach her full potential or operating in Gotham could really be interesting and would raise her profile a bit.

Hawk and Dove would be interesting and would have nice synergy with the titans show.
    Would also like to see Hourman in Gotham maybe as mentor figure to Bruce.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She needs to be apart of the Birds of Prey so she can be allowed to grow up
    Ah yes, good call!

BANNED

I could dig Ambush Bug as Nightwing ‘s annoying sidekick.