Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm well pleased with Age of X-Man overall, but I suspect Prisoner X will be my highlight, in that Vita Ayala and German Peralta seem to be a dream duo, and I'm invested in (almost) all of the cast. I think the tone will be well-matched, and there's no illusion here, whereas in the other four splinter titles we're going to be spending a few issues stripping back that guise of Utopia. I feel like a breakout or prison riot is inevitable, and I hope that will provide the perfect opportunity to showcase some of our fav mutants.
    I concur with all of this. I was instantly drawn to both Prisoner X & the X-tracts, not only due to their casts, but them being positioned as the agitators of AoXM. Those who look to lift the veil, or better yet, rip it off. Just out of curiosity, which character(s) are you not too invested in... Beast? Honey Badger?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I just want to see Bishop written to his full potential as a strong willed soldier and leader amongst his colleagues.
    I think--hope--we're going to get that, with this, and AoXM overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I like that team composition Iceman would create a interesting team dynamic, i gotta get sold more on unveil as opposed to some other prospects i would like to be in a X-factor book.
    Who would some of your other prospects be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    First issue is available on ComiXology. Tense, claustrophobic, and so, so good. I feel like this book is gonna be the pinnacle of AoXM's mindfuckery, and I mean that in the best way.
    OMG, Aduinel, THANK YOU for this early analysis & accolade!! Sounds like it might be even more than rising to the occasion, of meeting eXpectations. Yes, yes, high praise INDEED. So, is it too soon to declare... ALL HAIL Vita Ayala?!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

All I'm going to say is... I really, really want Vita Ayala to get an X-Book after this one ends. Their writing was magical.

I never cared this much about Bishop before and the mystery of who Moonstar is and what is going on with Polaris is a fantastic start.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

And I got suckered in. Dangit this was a good read.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    All I'm going to say is... I really, really want Vita Ayala to get an X-Book after this one ends. Their writing was magical.

I never cared this much about Bishop before and the mystery of who Moonstar is and what is going on with Polaris is a fantastic start.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And I got suckered in. Dangit this was a good read.
    WOW, y'all!! With this level of acclamation, it's makin' it REAL hard for me to wait 'til it's available at Marvel's Digital Comics Shop, and not just join & get it on ComiXology now.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WOW, y'all!! With this level of acclamation, it's makin' it REAL hard for me to wait 'til it's available at Marvel's Digital Comics Shop, and not just join & get it on ComiXology now.
    If it helps with the restraint, of the whole "team" Polaris gets the least focus. But it's for a good reason and it'll obviously be rectified next issue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

You can link your Marvel and ComiXology digital accounts, btw!

If it helps with the restraint, of the whole "team" Polaris gets the least focus. But it's for a good reason and it'll obviously be rectified next issue.
    And I am so very looking forward to it. XD One of the best parts of this event is just the anticipation - there are so many mysteries!

BANNED

Maybe a lil', but TBH, this book--and the whole AoXM event overall--has that certain somethin', beyond it's superb cast of characters, that's just won me over & pulled me in. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Lorna--and Dani... and Bishop, now more than ever, and... etc.--and she's my #1, but her gettin' the least attention in this first ish, doesn't deter my enthusiasm & interest all that much. Guess AoXM's just got me THAT invested on its own, with its premise & eXecution. The mark of a true great, IMO, so I just hope it can maintain & majorly deliver with the windup.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You can link your Marvel and ComiXology digital accounts, btw!

And I am so very looking forward to it. XD One of the best parts of this event is just the anticipation - there are so many mysteries!
    Cool, I'll look into doin' just that, ASAP - thanX!

YES, ruminating about the various pieces of AoXM's puzzle & lookin' forward to them bein' fitted into place, has become a favorite pastime - NO DOUBT!!

BANNED

I haven't read it but am confident Vita is going to be the best writer in this whole event

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I haven't read it but am confident Vita is going to be the best writer in this whole event
    Probably too early to call for sure, but you just might be right. Tho the masterminds behind it all, T'n'N, have demonstrated they're no slouches either. In fact, I'd say all the AoXM authors, are worthy of praise at this point. Now we're just waitin' on Seeley's X-tracts debut neXt week, along with gettin' Marvelous' sophomore follow-up, I believe.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I concur with all of this. I was instantly drawn to both Prisoner X & the X-tracts, not only due to their casts, but them being positioned as the agitators of AoXM. Those who look to lift the veil, or better yet, rip it off. Just out of curiosity, which character(s) are you not too invested in... Beast? Honey Badger?

I think--hope--we're going to get that, with this, and AoXM overall.

Who would some of your other prospects be?
    Dr. Nemesis i think he is a character that would be interested in investigating strange weird things. Banshee was also a detective and Interpol agent.

Honestly I thought the book a bit predictable and full of "good guy in prison" tropes, but loved the art and hope that we see some interesting moments in this book. But honestly I'm willing to give all of these books a pass if I don't like the first 1-2 issues as we all know it takes a few for the meat of the plot to be introduced and start chugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So he's a skinhead mutant with bad tattoos. Guess that explains why he's in jail.
    Explains why he's so confrontational with Bishop. I mean, he wasn't even very humanizing of marginalized identities back in the 616 either:

[

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What other doubles have we encountered so far?
    Mystique. Hellion's said to not be at the fight (but also Rosenberg and continuity). (possibly) Pixie.