Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The issue is that when he's with the team he has a gun and it's apparently not a big deal but then all of a sudden it's one of his charges.

Unless it was very specifically only okay when he was with the X-Men...
    The team portrait was likely before The Resolution, when & where, among other things obviously... weapons were outlawed, too, probably?

If it was OK, why would he keep 'em all hidden in a secret compartment, in his room?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-01-2019 at 06:00 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    The team portrait was likely before The Resolution, when & where, among other things obviously... weapons were outlawed, too, probably?

If it was OK, why would he keep 'em all hidden in a secret compartment, in his room?
    Maybe they were only okay when he was on the job?

It doesn't need to make sense, X-Man is making this up on the fly I'm pretty sure.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    ... Also, I'm curious about how the hell Nate knows about people's crimes, if it's not omniscience. Bishop and Jean were boning long enough that they were prancing in the beach without a care, but it takes apparently months for him to find about it. I guess it's the cookies. Must investigate further. ...
    Not sure how you're concluding a romp on a likely remote beach, leads to their affair lasting months, before being discovered.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-01-2019 at 06:09 AM.

BANNED

... It doesn't need to make sense, X-Man is making this up on the fly I'm pretty sure.
    Can't imagine why'd they'd go out of their way to show him keeping them hidden, if there wasn't a reason for it.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This looks good. Not surprised Forge is in charge of Cerebro. I expected him to play a big role in this AU, since Forge was a mentor to Nate in the AOA. I'm starting to think that Bishop can sense something is wrong with this world because his secondary mutation to know where he is and what time it is keeps giving him this feeling that something is kinda off. I think that may have something to do with the other 2 crimes they say he committed.

I like the idea of prison being Legion mind, reminds me of the first arc in his legacy run. Lorna and Bishop in a book together has me hoping to see them work together in a new X-factor book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah...
    [CENTER]
    I like this artist rendition of Lorna. Looks like Rydia from FF4.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah...

... she does seem sorta forlorn, BUT...

... you're RIGHT...

... apparently, that doesn't last.

Without a doubt.
    Oh man, you connecting the dots made me so hype.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Oh man, you connecting the dots made me so hype.
    ThanX! Taking into account that #2 Polaris centric cover, and combining it with Beast's #3:

... I think we might be looking at an early uprising attempt, that gets squashed early.

I'm skipping.

Aside from how Polaris should be leading/headlining her own book (in addition to Bishop, not in replacement of him) to balance out her treatment especially last year, I've also realized that this basic concept was lifted from how the TV version of Polaris was used on Gifted. And then the X-books decided to apply it to Bishop and turn Lorna into a lower level character of a concept that they took from. Because the X-books don't even have enough respect for her to let her be the star of something that people liked because of her.

I'm aware the title of this book is from the 90s. Doesn't change the inspiration.

Not knocking the writer, unless the writer decided to do this. I'm assuming it was editorial or higher.

Other people are going to disagree, and that's fine by me. Doesn't change that I need to call things as I see them and respond as needed. I may check out an individual issue that heavily focuses on Lorna but that's going to be it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    As suspected, this will likely be my favourite of the Age of X-Man miniseries.
    The art, the tone, the characters, the attention to detail in world-building... I'm 100% on board...

Can't wait
    Likewise. With the end of AoXM's opening round, I'm hoping for a one-two punch to the head & gut from this & X-tracts, that'll jolt the readership. I'm eXpecting them to be the antithesis of what we've gotten so far, and that the beginning of the end to the relative calm, starts now.

Ditto. SO eXcited & VERY much lookin' forward to this, and praying it doesn't disappoint.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-02-2019 at 01:51 AM.

BANNED

A refresher, of how we got here, from arguably the best sequence AoXM Alpha had to offer:

BANNED

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-02-2019 at 02:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Liking the art and the more serious feel to this one.
    Have the "Guiding Principles" been emphatically stated anywhere yet, in full? Also:

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... not only am I thinkin' that might be Joanna Cargill, behind Lorna, but across from 'Horns'... could that be Blink? And lookin' at the Mirage, are my eyes deceiving me, or has Dani Moonstar acquired a blue patch of hair there?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-02-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they were only okay when he was on the job?

It doesn't need to make sense, X-Man is making this up on the fly I'm pretty sure.
    While I do think that Nate is totally making things up as he goes so as to protect his fantasy world, I also think that the guns Bishop was hiding in his room were probably illegal. And they were probably illegal because they were a different type than the one we saw him with. It's probably a bit like some gun laws we have in the real world, where certain types of guns are just plain illegal.

But also, they might even just be illegal because Bishop is hiding them, which might be a no-no. The fact is, Nate needed Bishop away from his mommy because poor Nate is jealous. This is despite the fact that the very world he's created makes it difficult for him to have any sort of relationship with her.

BANNED

Bobby says his relationship with Jean is his third breach. The Prisoner X opening implies possessing illegal weapons was his first. My thought is his hiding of the guns in Alpha, is a result of that initial offense. So that stash is after & because he's already been caught with them before, not what got him the charge, and/or the cause of it.