Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man's Funniest moments

What are Spider-Man's Funniest moments in your opinion?

BANNED

Man this is endless:

Personal picks.

1) Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man: Where Peter asks Jameson for a bonus, and Jameson wheels in Peter by being nice to him and then chewing him out because he's not hardworking and so on. The gag, the setup, the punchline is great.

2) Spider-Man/Human Torch is filled with a lot of funny moments.

3) "Read 'Em and Weep" where Spider-Man punks Kingpin at Poker.

4) Ultimate Spider-Man: Peter reading fat jokes to Kingpin at the end of "Learning Curve".

5) Nick Spencer's TASM #6-7 with Boomerang and the Bar. That entire thing is a laugh riot. Particularly when Peter enters a Spider-Man quiz.

6) Roger Stern's "The Daydreamers" (ASM #246) especially Jameson's and Peter's fantasy vignettes, it's both hilarious and insightful plus you see Jameson in a 80s track-suit and it's glorious.

7) ASM #100, mostly because of the total MCU Drax level stupidity of Peter going mad scientist and the mood changes from dreams of rogues, George Stacy like a Proto-Mufasa telling Peter to "remember" and ending with Peter getting six arms. It's more unintentional humor than intentional.

8) Spider-Man punching Wolverine out of Stark Tower for creeping on MJ.

Astonishing Member

The Commuter Cometh, TASM #267.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Man this is endless:

Personal picks.

1) Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man: Where Peter asks Jameson for a bonus, and Jameson wheels in Peter by being nice to him and then chewing him out because he's not hardworking and so on. The gag, the setup, the punchline is great.

2) Spider-Man/Human Torch is filled with a lot of funny moments.

3) "Read 'Em and Weep" where Spider-Man punks Kingpin at Poker.

4) Ultimate Spider-Man: Peter reading fat jokes to Kingpin at the end of "Learning Curve".

5) Nick Spencer's TASM #6-7 with Boomerang and the Bar. That entire thing is a laugh riot. Particularly when Peter enters a Spider-Man quiz.

6) Roger Stern's "The Daydreamers" (ASM #246) especially Jameson's and Peter's fantasy vignettes, it's both hilarious and insightful plus you see Jameson in a 80s track-suit and it's glorious.

7) ASM #100, mostly because of the total MCU Drax level stupidity of Peter going mad scientist and the mood changes from dreams of rogues, George Stacy like a Proto-Mufasa telling Peter to "remember" and ending with Peter getting six arms. It's more unintentional humor than intentional.

8) Spider-Man punching Wolverine out of Stark Tower for creeping on MJ.
    Your list with numbers 3 through 5 are some of my favorite moments from Spider-Man comics. Beating the Kingpin in poker (and side note, Dr. Strange ducking at it) was the issue that made me laugh from page to page. It was funny as heck.

There’s a scene in JMS’ run where Pete rides on top of a taxi and gets a ticket by the cops. Laughed my ass off the bed when I first read it.

The "man purse" line from the end of Superior.

"I don't want to cure cancer I want to turn people into dinosaurs" from Spider-Man And The X-Men.

Peter's freakout after being mind swapped with Wolverine in Ultimate.

Spidey's date with the Invisible Girl from the first Untold Tales of Spider-Man Annual (1996).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-01-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    There’s a scene in JMS’ run where Pete rides on top of a taxi and gets a ticket by the cops. Laughed my ass off the bed when I first read it.
    JMS' Spidey was very funny.

This page from Dan Slot's She Hulk run

http://i.imgur.com/dvUkG39.jpg
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Spider man sweet charity had plenty of lol moments.

Weirdly, we haven't had this discussion before. I'll go with pictures of stuff others have mentioned.

In Ultimate Spider-Man #12, Peter confronted the Kingpin to say there were things he needed to get off his chest.

Peter David's Spider-Man in suburbia issue is excellent.
    ASM267_SwingingOff.jpg

And this may be favorite Spider-Man panel ever; his reaction upon learning that Flash Thompson got kidnapped by Doctor Doom.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The funniest moment I can think of Slott's Spider-Man is actually a Human Torch mini-series from the Spider-Man/ Human Torch mini, where Johnny Storm pretends to be a criminal targeted by cops in order to get others to talk. A scene that's nearly as good is in the fifth issue when Spidey reveals his secret to Johnny.

I really like Spider-Man's concern that he's fighting Namor in "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut"

And I'll give credit to Robert Kirkman for Spider-Man's reaction to seeing X-23 for the first time.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Firelord coming to New York and asking for Pizza. I know a lot of people consider Firelord vs. Spider-Man to be a great example of jobbing, but to me this putz has it coming to him.

asm269_6-7.jpg

In my opinion Spider-Man was always, or at least very often, funny in the old day (somewhere before he got his black suit). And his jokes drive his enemies (including Jameson) insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    This page from Dan Slot's She Hulk run

http://i.imgur.com/dvUkG39.jpg
    holy shit this is so powerful
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate