Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What Would A Hawkman Movie Series Be About

grpz2xdcghs11.jpg

imagine the first movie would introduce the concept of reincarnation, with Carter and Kendra being the two protagonists in the modern era; Hath Set would serve as the enemy.

The post credit scene shows Katar Hol on Thanagar, bringing Byth into custody, setting up Thanagar for the sequel.

The second movie would expand on the reincarnation, after Carter retrieves the Nautillus of Revealment, he then discovers that him and Kendra reincarnated through time, and space. We then see Krypton, Rann and finally; Thanagar. This will then introduce Katar and Shayera who teams up with Carter and Kendra to prevent Thasaro from destroying Thanagar and then Earth.

The post credits scene shows I'damn and the Deathbringers hunting for K'tar, The Great Betrayer.

The third movie would focus on the Deathbringers impending arrival on Earth, we'll see Atom and Adam Strange show up to assist Hawkman in defeating the Deathbringers. It opens with K'tar and the Deathbringers enacting genocide upon hundreds of worlds, until they reach Thanagar and K'tar meets a Thanagaian Woman. She begins to teach K'tar compassion, leading to him revolting and vanishing the Deathbringers to the realm of The Lord Beyond The Void. As he dies in the ensuring chaos, K'tar embraces with the woman. We then learn of the full origin of Hawkman. I'damn and the Deathbringers arrive on Earth, and Hawkman, Hawkgirl and an army of thier past lives must stop them.

What Would A Hawkman Movie Series Be About
    About two hours of three or four different origin stories leaving the audience confused?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    About two hours of three or four different origin stories leaving the audience confused?
    agreed. I don't think a Hawkman feature series would work, unless you picked a specific, tightly dedfined version of the character, and stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    agreed. I don't think a Hawkman feature series would work, unless you picked a specific, tightly dedfined version of the character, and stuck with it.
    I think you could probably play on the reincarnation angle in the first movie and then try and incorporate the Thanagar connection in a future movie.

Nah.

Stick with the police officers from the planet Thanagar, Katar and Shayera Hol instead.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Indiana Jones with Wings...

I would watch that

I wouldn't try to do both origins, I'd just pick one and stick with it.

So just choose either the space cop from Thanagar or archaeologist remembering their past lives and go from there.

I'm leaning nore towards choosing the latter than the former.

I'll go with an alien archaeologist whos involved in a reincarnated mystery on Earth, combined both

Astonishing Member

I think, rather than trying to adapt one specific version of the character or the other, it would be best to take a broad view of the mythos and reinvent it from scratch.

Here's my (very sketchy) take on how a Hawkman/Hawkgirl film franchise could develop.

The first film would have Carter Hall as an archeologist investigating legends that aliens visited Ancient Egypt. In Prince Khufu's tomb, he discovers the ruins of an alien ship from Thanagar. He uses the Absorbascon on the ship to learn all about Thanagar, and uses the Nth metal, harness and artificial wings he finds there to become Hawkman. The villains are an Illuminati-like organization led by Dr. Anton Hastor, who seek to use the tech in the Thanagarian ship to reshape the world. One of the core members of this organization is a man called Carl Sands, who uses some of the Thanagarian tech to become the 'Shadow Thief'. Carter, in his fight against Hastor, is joined by a grad student named Kendra Saunders, with whom he begins a fling. Kendra is revealed, towards the end of the movie, to be a cover identity for Thanagarian deep-cover agent Shayera Hol who joins Carter in the final battle as Hawkgirl (Shayera, as a modern-day Thanagarian, is genetically engineered to grow and retract natural wings from her back). There would be no explicit mention of reincarnation, beyond Hastor's belief that he's the reincarnation of Hath-Seth who witnessed the arrivals of Thanagarians on earth. There might also be a mention of how its strange that Carter, a mere human at first glance, is even able to use the Absorbascon and the Thanagarian flight equipment.

The second movie would put the focus on Hawkgirl, with Hawkman as more of a supporting character. Shayera is 'activated' by her Thanagarian superiors when she's alerted to the presence on earth of a shapeshifting Thanagarian terrorist named Byth. Flashbacks would reveal Shayera's past on Thanagar, including the fact that Byth killed her husband, Katar. We learn that Byth is part of a conspiracy launched at the highest levels of the Thanagarian government - a conspiracy that Shayera herself is embroiled in somehow. Her own memories seem to have been tampered with when she was being prepared for her deep-cover assignment on earth, and these include her memories of Katar. By the end of the film, it would be revealed that Carter Hall is Shayera's late husband Katar Hol, reincarnated somehow.

I haven't really thought through later installments, but they will involve Carter and Shayera learning about their past lives across time and space, and discovering the true purpose behind them.

Incredible Member

Katar Hol would work better as a movie with the Hawks traveling to Earth to track down an escaped alien criminal. I don't see a reincarnated story line making big bucks.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think, rather than trying to adapt one specific version of the character or the other, it would be best to take a broad view of the mythos and reinvent it from scratch.

Here's my (very sketchy) take on how a Hawkman/Hawkgirl film franchise could develop.

The first film would have Carter Hall as an archeologist investigating legends that aliens visited Ancient Egypt. In Prince Khufu's tomb, he discovers the ruins of an alien ship from Thanagar. He uses the Absorbascon on the ship to learn all about Thanagar, and uses the Nth metal, harness and artificial wings he finds there to become Hawkman. The villains are an Illuminati-like organization led by Dr. Anton Hastor, who seek to use the tech in the Thanagarian ship to reshape the world. One of the core members of this organization is a man called Carl Sands, who uses some of the Thanagarian tech to become the 'Shadow Thief'. Carter, in his fight against Hastor, is joined by a grad student named Kendra Saunders, with whom he begins a fling. Kendra is revealed, towards the end of the movie, to be a cover identity for Thanagarian deep-cover agent Shayera Hol who joins Carter in the final battle as Hawkgirl (Shayera, as a modern-day Thanagarian, is genetically engineered to grow and retract natural wings from her back). There would be no explicit mention of reincarnation, beyond Hastor's belief that he's the reincarnation of Hath-Seth who witnessed the arrivals of Thanagarians on earth. There might also be a mention of how its strange that Carter, a mere human at first glance, is even able to use the Absorbascon and the Thanagarian flight equipment.

The second movie would put the focus on Hawkgirl, with Hawkman as more of a supporting character. Shayera is 'activated' by her Thanagarian superiors when she's alerted to the presence on earth of a shapeshifting Thanagarian terrorist named Byth. Flashbacks would reveal Shayera's past on Thanagar, including the fact that Byth killed her husband, Katar. We learn that Byth is part of a conspiracy launched at the highest levels of the Thanagarian government - a conspiracy that Shayera herself is embroiled in somehow. Her own memories seem to have been tampered with when she was being prepared for her deep-cover assignment on earth, and these include her memories of Katar. By the end of the film, it would be revealed that Carter Hall is Shayera's late husband Katar Hol, reincarnated somehow.

I haven't really thought through later installments, but they will involve Carter and Shayera learning about their past lives across time and space, and discovering the true purpose behind them.
    This has potential, but I don't think the reincarnation angle works. It takes something from the romance between The Hawks if they're destiny's bitches. It gets downright creepy if one of them is gloming onto an alien body housing the memories of their late beloved.

That was one of the things I found most unsettling about the Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl.

Heroic police officer partners Katar Hol and Shayera Thal embark to Earth as undercover Thanagarian operatives sent to root out the advance cells of an extraterrestrial coalition bent on invading Earth and divvying up it's natural, magical, mystical, scientific, mythical, and metahuman resources. Little do they know that they have a unique connection to Earth's ancient past that may help them in their fight.

Co-stars: Martian Manhunter, Adam and Alanna Strange, Carter and Shiera Hall, Teth Adam, Isis, Metamorpho, Vandal Savage, Nabu, Doctor Fate, Vixen, Hippolyta, Osira, and a host of DC Comic's alien civilizations.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    LOL

Plus, have space cops Katar and Shayera use the Earth aliases Carter and Shiera Hall, even though there is the reincarnated couple also known as Carter and Shiera Hall playing superheroes, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Definitely the Carter Hall version. Ancient ruler who came into contact with alien tech and is reborn over and over.

In the first movie he starts getting flashes of his past lives and finds the tomb of Knufu and the nth metal. He dons the wings and fights the Servants of Set cult who are all meta enhanced.

In the second movie he meets and teams up with Kendra Saunders who takes up the Hawkgirl identity and they face off against Hath Set. In the end Kendra realizes she too has been being reborn over an over is actually Chay Ara wife of Knufu.

In the third movie a Thangarian ship comes to Earth to invistigate readings of Nth metal they have discovered. The captain of the mission Fel Andar orders that Hall and Saunders are to be taken and executed. They battle the Thanagarians and are taken captive but are freed and helped by two of the crew who are sympathtic to the humans Kator Hol and Shay Era. Together they beat the Thanagarians. In the end Hol and Era take the ship and head back to space now wanted criminals.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 03-03-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I just see this thread devolving into which Hawkman you prefer the most - Carter or Katar.

With that, I'm throwing my vote for Fel Andar. BOOM!