Default Captain America Fun Facts to Honor the 78th Anniversary

• According to Christopher Priest, re: his Captain America and the Falcon run, Steve Rogers actually holds the equivalent rank of One Star General.
      Rank.JPG
    • The first issue of Captain America has sold for $343,000 at auction.
    • The first story that Stan Lee wrote for a comic was a Captain America short in Captain America #3 called "Captain America Foils the Traitor's Revenge". This story was also the first time he used the pen name Stan Lee.
    • Sam Wilson, who first appeared in Captain America #117, was the first black superhero to have an action figure.
    • Captain America co-creator Joe Simon was 97 when the film Captain America: the First Avenger was released. Although too frail to attend the premier in person, Marvel arranged a special showing for him in his apartment. He loved it.
      Joe+Simon.jpg
    • There were a serial of Captain America films in 1944 starring Dick Purcell, making Captain America the first superhero to be captured on film.
    • The first use of the double splash page was pioneered by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon in the Captain America comic.
    • The first issue of Captain America outsold Time Magazine that month, selling around a million issues.
    • Actor/Director Jonathon Frakes (William Riker, Star Trek: The Next Generation) worked for Marvel as a costumed Captain America in 1975-1976. He would go to store openings and malls dressed as Cap to greet children and sign autographs.
    • Steve Rogers was a bookworm as a child. According to writers Roger Stern and Roy Thomas his favorite genre is fantasy and he's a Tolkien fan.
      Tolkien.JPG

If anyone has more fun facts to add please do so!
    Last edited by capandkirby; 03-01-2019 at 12:51 PM.

And here's a picture of Jonathon Frakes as Captain America that I couldn't fit on the first post.

JFrakes.JPG

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Isn't Steve Rogers a tailor of cosplay level? Didn't you post that image of him _making_ his own Nomad costume?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Isn't Steve Rogers a tailor of cosplay level? Didn't you post that image of him _making_ his own Nomad costume?
    He is a tailor, yes, the Nomad costume was all Steve, for better or for worse, lol.

steve1.jpg

He made a costume for Namor once, as well.

tumblr_pf52mhcqTt1ugaw5b_1280.jpg

And he also used to own a costume store at one point (I mean he owned it as a cover, so that his friends walking in and out in their superhero costumes wouldn't cause questions with the neighbors...this was back when only a few people knew his real identity) but he did own it.

Lots of layers, our Steve, I mean, I considering our examples of costumes designed by him there is legitimate debate on whether he should be allowed near a sewing machine, but design and sew he can.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    He is a tailor, yes, the Nomad costume was all Steve, for better or for worse, lol.

steve1.jpg

He made a costume for Namor once, as well.

tumblr_pf52mhcqTt1ugaw5b_1280.jpg

And he also used to own a costume store at one point (I mean he owned it as a cover, so that his friends walking in and out in their superhero costumes wouldn't cause questions with the neighbors...this was back when only a few people knew his real identity) but he did own it.

Lots of layers, our Steve, I mean, I considering our examples of costumes designed by him there is legitimate debate on whether he should be allowed near a sewing machine, but design and sew he can.
    Oh no. NOT Captain Atlantis! Aaaah!

Okay, so he's a good tailor, but not so good on the design side. LOL!

I didn't know that about the costume store! Cool!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?