Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Aquaman Sequel - What you would like to see in it

Now that we have a release date, although can't understand why they are waiting 4 years, instead of milking the success the first movie achieved. Especially when they could have released it instead of suicide squad 2. Whatever, what would you like to see in the sequel, which characters, storylines etc

Personally would like more Atlantis being explored, the trench and more underwater adventures, after all Aquaman is the king of the seas.

I'd want to see Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm but only if it's the show incarnation in the way he's characterized over the comic book. I'm sorry to say but Young Justice's return only highlighted just how much the comic book iteration falls flat in comparison; which sucks because he's one of DC's biggest LGBT+ characters.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Well, they kind of shot their wad in the first one with the big invasion by Atlantis of the rest of the world, and the Trench. As a natural progression, the next step for Arthur would be to unify all the undersea races but that seems boring to me. It could be about some big scheme by Black Manta to take over Atlantis or to completely ruin Arthur, but that seems small for a full scale movie.

Maybe something completely new that we have not seen before
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, they kind of shot their wad in the first one with the big invasion by Atlantis of the rest of the world, and the Trench. As a natural progression, the next step for Arthur would be to unify all the undersea races but that seems boring to me. It could be about some big scheme by Black Manta to take over Atlantis or to completely ruin Arthur, but that seems small for a full scale movie.

Maybe something completely new that we have not seen before
    Black Manta taking over an advanced civilization as Atlantis doesn't sound credible. Any Atlantean would kill BM in matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Black Manta taking over an advanced civilization as Atlantis doesn't sound credible. Any Atlantean would kill BM in matter of seconds.
    Yah, it wouldn't work as a main plot. But if all the Atlanteans were distracted by something else, leaving the kingdom vulnerable, I could see a Black Manta side story with him entering the kingdom to cause trouble.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

I would like to see Orm and Erin

I kind of want to see them take the foot off the break a bit and allow the storyline a bit more time to breathe. I think obviously we're getting Black Manta as the main villain, which is fine. I think I'd like to see a bit more of a supernatural bend. Maybe have the main villain be something Lovecraftian. I know we dealt a little bit with stuff like that in the first movie, but there's very little cool Aquaman stuff that the movie didn't touch on.

Read on the Aquaverse, appears they gonna have the Others with Ya'wara in the sequel. Hope they don't

eeeeh, he also shouldn't be able to reverse engineer Atlantian tech or go toe-to-toe with Aquaman either; he's clever and tenacious, it's what he does. Plus not all Atlantians are as formidable as the royals, the typical Atlantian is getting bodied by Manta. He'd have more problems getting the Atlantians to follow him because he's from the surface but Manta himself is more likely than not capable of overthrowing Atlantis, especially if Rath could do it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Read on the Aquaverse, appears they gonna have the Others with Ya'wara in the sequel. Hope they don't
    I think the Others would be cool, as well as giving Aquaman his pulp action hero background. I don't want Ya'wara as a love interest though, I really just want Arthur and Mera to further develop their relationship. I want lots of Mera time!

Starro the Conqueror would be cool! The Fisherman, with his Lovecraftian parasite helmet. Something weird and new!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    eeeeh, he also shouldn't be able to reverse engineer Atlantian tech or go toe-to-toe with Aquaman either; he's clever and tenacious, it's what he does. Plus not all Atlantians are as formidable as the royals, the typical Atlantian is getting bodied by Manta. He'd have more problems getting the Atlantians to follow him because he's from the surface but Manta himself is more likely than not capable of overthrowing Atlantis, especially if Rath could do it.
    Orm with just a tidal wave destroyed the US navy, Manta needs a navy that is technologically advanced and has the numbers to take on Atlantis, as we saw they have a huge army at their disposal. He can't take on Atlantis alone. the typical Atlantean cannot survive on the surface as royals, but can endure the pressures of the sea, that makes him stronger than manta. It would be easier for BM to take his revenge by going after Tom Curry.
    However it seems that as Aquaverse is reporting the storyline will include the Others, that means mainly a surface adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think the Others would be cool, as well as giving Aquaman his pulp action hero background. I don't want Ya'wara as a love interest though, I really just want Arthur and Mera to further develop their relationship. I want lots of Mera time!

Starro the Conqueror would be cool! The Fisherman, with his Lovecraftian parasite helmet. Something weird and new!
    if they have Ya'Wara they would probably make her a rival love interest, but I don't see that as a problem, after all Ya'wara cannot live in Atlantis and does not make sense either. Mera and Arthur in the movie are the main characters. The first movie set the stage for them to develop their relationship. Can't see Arthur leaving everything he fought for and Mera, for Ya' Wara, who in the Aquaman mythos plays an insignificant part.

I want Garth and Tula.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want Garth and Tula.
    I want New 52/Rebirth Tula, yeah!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bring in the AquaFam.