• 90s

46 29.49%
  • 00s

29 18.59%
  • 10s

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

the early aughts for me.

concept-wise, I think the X-Men were really reinvigorated in a way they hadn’t been for a while. Morrison, Weir, and DeFilippis took the expanded school concept and ran with it. And even though extinction stories have saturated X-Men storytelling for so long, M-Day was one of the OGs and gave us good stories like Decimation, Endangered Species, Supernovas, Quest for Magik, Messiah Complex & War, and Dark Avengers v X-Men.

Last edited by Tycon; 03-02-2019 at 02:51 PM.

The 80's is the ocean, the origin of life, the pool...I don't know what an octopus thinks about favorites as origin and sanctum.
    We adopt habits and rituals in what we trust, a favorite, I don't know...there's power in a charm if it's treasured.

The 80's. Even the shape of the 8 with O is animate and open.

But I don't know what the Octopus would say. Perhaps the octopus would say it all only in colors and shapes in the short span of just two years. A mind as intelligent as mine and yet, no spine - but somehow if there's a drain in the floor...and a moment alone...it's out of the tank, out of that stagnate element, through the grate, into the pipes and gone.

We use our intelligence to seek intelligence outside our element.

My favorite decade is in a movement that's hard to get out from the whole of the all of things in a once.

The wave comes and I stand there feeling the pull and yank...maybe I hold out my hand with the splash page from New Mutants #22 'The Shadow Within'...I'm focused on that one wave so the other waves are in this wave of my focus...the sand grips my ankles like tentacles...like those arms Margali used to drag Dr. Strange and the X-Men into Nightcrawler's inferno...Scott looking up and out from that Weapon X compound...those bumps on his body when he died...but didn't...which Emma?

My splash page feels very small and vulnerable in my hand...all that ocean and depth...and yet...when the wave hits...something takes my knees and somebody shoves me from behind...and I'm frozen to be mashed...all mostly water, I don't break but I go up and down at the same time...my mind goes splish and woosh and all spinning is spun about...do I land or does the land do that to me?

How old is Illyana?
    Which one?
    Is that true?
    Did this one die?
    Which one?
    Are there two?
    Who?

It's my favorite splash page.
    Yea, but she's not in it.
    What did you mean?
    She's on the cover.

Isn't she?
    Because of Nightcrawler and all that sway...you know...you take the bar and lean back and then jaunt forward.

Like a wave?

You mean hello? Or goodbye?

Did you know her first appearance? Yes, same as Nightcrawler...but it depends on which one you mean?

Who? Illyana.

There's this bridge, this ladder...or net...or is it a grate?
    1.jpg
    22-opening.jpg
    Last edited by sungila; 03-02-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Does the year 1980 count as the start of the '80s or the end of the '70s? Heck, favorite year is an easy pick for the X-Men: 1980. But what decade is that? I almost feel like everything built to that point, the rest since then feels like endless sequels.

Started reading in the early 2000's. The 80's are BY FAR the best X-Men decade. Lord Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Who's gonna be the hero that will vote for the 10s?
    That and the 60s.

The 1980s for me too.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

And this is why X office is going back to nostalgia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the early aughts for me.

concept-wise, I think the X-Men were really reinvigorated in a way they hadn’t been for a while. Morrison, Weir, and DeFilippis took the expanded school concept and ran with it. And even though extinction stories have saturated X-Men storytelling for so long, M-Day was one of the OGs and gave us good stories like Decimation, Endangered Species, Supernovas, Quest for Magik, Messiah Complex & War, and Dark Avengers v X-Men.

Is Scott missing in this pic?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Is Scott missing in this pic?
    He's next to Kitty and Logan, with his glasses propped up on his head.

I'd have to say the 1970's.
    Claremont, Byrne, Austin.
    Nothing better.
    1173493.jpg

80s, mind, body and soul.

80s with the start of the 90's in second place.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

00s > 80s > 70s > 90s > 10s > 60s.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    And this is why X office is going back to nostalgia.
    And it's not working. Those stories were great & were told better at the time. Nowadays, we're just getting cheaper half-assed version of nostalgia with no continuity or depth because they're too busy jumping from one "big" event attempt to the next.

The old days also had a good bit of development, time spent on said development, and writers were allowed to have books longer than 6 months to a year. lol These days, we just seem to get a bunch of gimmicks with no progression.

And if they really wanna do nostalgia, then instead of changing characters back to outdated ugly clothes, they need to fix the ruined characters & bring them back to their glory days. Characters who have become wallpaper & jobbed out need to go back to being effective. But they'll conveniently forget that, despite wanting "nostalgia" for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And it's not working. Those stories were great & were told better at the time. Nowadays, we're just getting cheaper half-assed version of nostalgia with no continuity or depth because they're too busy jumping from one "big" event attempt to the next.

The old days also had a good bit of development, time spent on said development, and writers were allowed to have books longer than 6 months to a year. lol These days, we just seem to get a bunch of gimmicks with no progression.

And if they really wanna do nostalgia, then instead of changing characters back to outdated ugly clothes, they need to fix the ruined characters & bring them back to their glory days. Characters who have become wallpaper & jobbed out need to go back to being effective. But they'll conveniently forget that, despite wanting "nostalgia" for everything else.
    This. There is a way to bring back the feel of the old days without rehashing storylines.