• 90s

46 29.49%
  • 00s

29 18.59%
  • 10s

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Decade for X-Men

I'm sure this has been done before but what the heck. let's have another go at it.

80's for me, closely followed by the 70's.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

For me the best period was the Claremont era which began in the 70s and extended into the 80s early 90s. Without him we would not have the Xmen as we know them today.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The 80s

duh

80s now and forever.

Just wondering also if your (everybody) favorite decade the same as the decade you started reading X-Men comics?
    Or when did you discover your favorite decade was a thing? Is that too awkwardly worded to answer?
    Maybe somebody has a good answer and better phrasing for what I'm trying to ask.

Is 80's night 80's night if it's the 80's?
    Last edited by sungila; 03-01-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

80's

Uncanny X-Men, Original X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, and the 70's stories being retold in Classic X-Men great times.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Just wondering also if your (everybody) favorite decade the same as the decade you started reading X-Men comics?
    Or when did you discover your favorite decade was a thing? Is that too awkwardly worded to answer?
    Maybe somebody has a good answer and better phrasing for what I'm trying to ask.

Is 80's night 80's night if it's the 80's?
    I started reading in the 2000s and the 80s is my favorite.

I don't have one. Each decade brought something, and took something away. I have a fondness for the 90s comics because of Generation X, but I don't have a favorite time period.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't have one. Each decade brought something, and took something away. I have a fondness for the 90s comics because of Generation X, but I don't have a favorite time period.
    Similar. I loved GenX. And my other 2 big favs were written at their best then. So I voted 90's.

Every decade has stuff I love and stuff I hate.

Except for the 70's, where there was only one book that I really like.

I have no answer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I know the 90s is maligned since that's when Claremont left due to editorial taking over creative control, but it was really the last time I felt like I consistently enjoyed every X-book and felt like the characters actually all cared about each other. It's hard to explain but basically since Morrison deconstructed the X-Men, I've felt like the characters were put back together with some of their heart missing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 80s, too, and it's almost tied in my mind, but part of my love for the 90s is just nostalgia (because the 90s is when I started reading comics). It's also the decade that the X-Men were at the peak of their popularity. With the X-Men: The Animated Series, you had something you could talk about with even casual fans. As far as the books themselves, the X-line felt huge and expansive and yet still somehow focused, with each book having their own purpose. And I admit I actually enjoyed the annual crossovers because for the most part. Fatal Attractions, the Phalanx Covenant, and the Age of Apocalypse pretty much made me an X-Men fan for life.

I guess I just miss the consistency of feeling like the books had long term plots going on and there wasn't a fear that the book I'm reading now will just be relaunched next year with a different creative team and remixed character roster.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I guess I just miss the consistency of feeling like the books had long term plots going on and there wasn't a fear that the book I'm reading now will just be relaunched next year with a different creative team and remixed character roster.
    You just totally described my feelings on X-Men comics right now.

I did however vote for the 80’s. Absolute best. 90’s close second.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I think the 80s, without doubt

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The 80's. Mostly because X-factor

The 80s for sure, i do think that the 90s is a tad underrated thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona