29 18.59%
  • 10s

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Best era.

90s
    10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Similar. I loved GenX. And my other 2 big favs were written at their best then. So I voted 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I know the 90s is maligned since that's when Claremont left due to editorial taking over creative control, but it was really the last time I felt like I consistently enjoyed every X-book and felt like the characters actually all cared about each other. It's hard to explain but basically since Morrison deconstructed the X-Men, I've felt like the characters were put back together with some of their heart missing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 80s, too, and it's almost tied in my mind, but part of my love for the 90s is just nostalgia (because the 90s is when I started reading comics). It's also the decade that the X-Men were at the peak of their popularity. With the X-Men: The Animated Series, you had something you could talk about with even casual fans. As far as the books themselves, the X-line felt huge and expansive and yet still somehow focused, with each book having their own purpose. And I admit I actually enjoyed the annual crossovers because for the most part. Fatal Attractions, the Phalanx Covenant, and the Age of Apocalypse pretty much made me an X-Men fan for life.

I guess I just miss the consistency of feeling like the books had long term plots going on and there wasn't a fear that the book I'm reading now will just be relaunched next year with a different creative team and remixed character roster.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The 80's. Mostly because X-factor

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    80's

Uncanny X-Men, Original X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, and the 70's stories being retold in Classic X-Men great times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I say 90s because i liked the Blue and Gold rosters and the X-factor run By Peter David and Larry Stroman. Generation X Excalibur. The introductions of Gambit, Cable and Bishop. The thing with the 90s to me is that it starts off strong but gets muddled with alot of crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    00's because of Ultimate X-Men. Uncanny X-Force makes a case for the 10's but the 80's are also fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanvakaris View Post
    I voted for the 70s for the the recognition of the earlies works on Uncanny, but the 10 years stint would be from 1975 to 1985. The late 80s were a little mess to me. And it would be seconded to the early 90s, with the Blue and Gold teams, the GenX creation, Excalibur, the Excutioner Song (best crossover IMHO), Age of Apocalypse...

And for sure, the 2010s were the lowest, as reflected on the poll, hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Counter-X"-era X-Man/X-Statix/The Brotherhood means it's "2000-2009" easily.

The 90s were X-Men at thier zenith, but that doesn’t make it thier most interesting.

The EARLY 90s was probably the best for X-adjacent titles like Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force. While Claremont built a voice and a chemistry for the X-Men in the 80s, Davis, David, and (X-Force writer) did the same for thier casts. While X-Men seemed to wane in the later 90s, the editorial mandate to codify the adjacent books rather than push thier distinctions led to unfortunate sameness.

AoA was probably the end of the early 90s creativity.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    80's

Uncanny X-Men, Original X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, and the 70's stories being retold in Classic X-Men great times.
    Yupp.
    Definitely the 80's...into the 90's.
    I started collecting with issue #175 (my very first purchase, in 1984) then sought out back issues...which were very easy to find at the time, considering where I live...as I collected going forward.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-02-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

The 70s (1975-1980).

Started reading in the early 90's and I *think* the 90's are my favorite. Gen X and X-Force are particular titles I love and still love to this day. There are also some spotty flagship stories I really enjoyed. I'm tempted to vote 2000's simply because I loved the New X-Men/X-Treme era as well. The 80's had the best "events" and I would probably vote for it if I read them first tbh. I hold Mutant Massacre and Inferno on pedastals higher than the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-02-2019 at 10:18 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Easily 80's as a whole, circa 1983-1988 in particular.

Claremont writing alone and making all the titles as one: Paul Smith/JRJR/Silvestri's UXM, TNM, Excalibur...

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Just wondering also if your (everybody) favorite decade the same as the decade you started reading X-Men comics?
    Or when did you discover your favorite decade was a thing? Is that too awkwardly worded to answer?
    Maybe somebody has a good answer and better phrasing for what I'm trying to ask.

Is 80's night 80's night if it's the 80's?
    It's an excellent question.

In my case, I started reading X-titles around 1987-88. As I've told, though, my favorite years are the immediatly previous, not the current, and by no means the following.