72 46.15%
  • 90s

46 29.49%
  • 00s

29 18.59%
  • 10s

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Fell in love with the cartoon but was captivated by the outback 80s. This one is very hard.

I much prefer the 80’s team and writers, but also liked some of the work in the 2000s (XXM, UXMFC, Rogue/Mystique solos, WAP, Ellis’s Astonishing, and few more books). The 80’s was just done waaayyy better overall.

80s > 00s > 90s > 70s >10s > 60s

In my opinion at least

It's just that all art is mostly collage and homage from what only becomes material when its function as a vessel runs a ground. The personal or collective memory isn't print as past in the immediate posing for the photo but becomes stuff for salvage when the post script inherent in the postures offered and taken become innovative new ways for getting by in a strange new land.

There's a pulse that's nearly impossible to shake no matter how deliberate or ecstatic the attempt to slip it, there's an organ called skin, a film maybe, but certainly a sensitive organ, a container, but it dies all the time and thinks itself into shape only in part from what it thinks it knows...it's also responding to what's going on...when you listen to John Coltrane's 'Love Supreme' or CC's 'Days of the Future Past' the listening itself soundtracks cycles of transformation that can feel nearly free form...mostly because it isn't...it's easier to love than it is to most anything else...so easy that hate and favorites and choosing and listings...all that stuff...happens within and with the stuff of the supreme greater store...what you love.

If you love the X-Men it's decades in every detail. Professor Xavier is a Jerk...even before Kitty said it...I mean, yea...he thinks he knows that knowing what people think is actually knowing people...I think...my mind is a jerk too.

Audience is some ghost of self in a box on a shelf...an ectoplasmic hand turning pages. The cogs. Cognition.

I'm not sure that sending out radio signals of 'Love Supreme' into space would say much to an Alien. But if that Alien is made of a liquid, gas, mineral or decade or Warlock...then the pulse would ring all the same...even in an hammerless bell...there's a 'nail' in the hit...a kid in the form of a techno-parasite...call me soul friend, or Ishmael. Or Cypher?

"Your mind is a jerk."

Maybe they-Alien(s) would give an Alien smile to the signal and for a mutated moment...go, yea HE is. Mind is a jerk.
    The bolt spins and the thread goes free.

Why not smile? Like a wordless 'Hi' between passers by.

How far does Scott's concussion beam go if it doesn't hit anything that says 'ouch'?
    Does Scott's beam have a sound in it or is it like the wind...a thing in a thing, like a pulse.

Why does Illyana's stepping disc light up like a spotlight when it's open? Is it there before she opens it?
    If the beam comes out of his eyes...you know like a thread on a spool...where's the bolt?
    Last edited by sungila; 03-03-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

the 10’s genuinely has some gems:

-Age of X
    -Magneto
    -Spurrier Legacy
    -Bunncanny X-Men
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Strain’s Generation X (parts of it)
    -Psych Wars
    -Mothervine

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And it's not working. Those stories were great & were told better at the time. Nowadays, we're just getting cheaper half-assed version of nostalgia with no continuity or depth because they're too busy jumping from one "big" event attempt to the next.

The old days also had a good bit of development, time spent on said development, and writers were allowed to have books longer than 6 months to a year. lol These days, we just seem to get a bunch of gimmicks with no progression.

And if they really wanna do nostalgia, then instead of changing characters back to outdated ugly clothes, they need to fix the ruined characters & bring them back to their glory days. Characters who have become wallpaper & jobbed out need to go back to being effective. But they'll conveniently forget that, despite wanting "nostalgia" for everything else.
    I totally agree with this. They want to bring in nostalgia, but they want to do it the way things are done now - no development, no downtime activities, no family feel, no consistency or continuity. One earth shattering event to the next might garner attention, but it does not keep readers in the long run. Loving the way their characters are being written is what keeps loyal readers.

I honestly think that in this decade, the X-Men are given mostly class B or lower writers that don't know how to develop a character, write an engaging story or solve problems besides just blasing the hell out of everything. It took creativity to write intelligent solutions to problems. Creativity that, sorry to say, is lacking. Until editorial decides that the X-Men franchise is worth using their better writing and artistic staff, I fear we are going to be stuck in this mode.

The 00's gave us The Astonishing X-Men, the best team that reconnected me to the comics.
    X-Factor
    New X-Men
    Rogue team
    Messiah Complex
    Etc..
    It was a good decade !

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Started reading in the early 90's and I *think* the 90's are my favorite. Gen X and X-Force are particular titles I love and still love to this day. There are also some spotty flagship stories I really enjoyed. I'm tempted to vote 2000's simply because I loved the New X-Men/X-Treme era as well. The 80's had the best "events" and I would probably vote for it if I read them first tbh. I hold Mutant Massacre and Inferno on pedastals higher than the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    Definitely the 80's...into the 90's.
    I started collecting with issue #175 (my very first purchase, in 1984) then sought out back issues...which were very easy to find at the time, considering where I live...as I collected going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    That and the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Is Scott missing in this pic?
    And not Jean (She was dead but still)

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    00s > 80s > 70s > 90s > 10s > 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I much prefer the 80’s team and writers, but also liked some of the work in the 2000s (XXM, UXMFC, Rogue/Mystique solos, WAP, Ellis’s Astonishing, and few more books). The 80’s was just done waaayyy better overall.

The 80's had Logan eating that banana, so its domination makes sense.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the 10’s genuinely has some gems:

-Age of X
    -Magneto
    -Spurrier Legacy
    -Bunncanny X-Men
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Strain’s Generation X (parts of it)
    -Psych Wars
    -Mothervine