• 90s

46 29.49%
  • 00s

29 18.59%
  • 10s

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The 80's had Logan eating that banana, so its domination makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Yeah this an /end thread if ever saw one.

The 80's had an embarrassment of riches:

Dark Phoenix Saga. Kitty Pryde. Dazzler. The Hellfire Club.

Days of Future Past. Mystique's Brotherhood. Rachel.

Magik and the Limbo stories. The Brood Saga. The New Mutants.

The Morlocks. Rogue. Logan's Japanese backstory. Yukio. Storm's punk transformation.

Maddie Pryor. Forge. Storm's powerless arc. The duel.

The Mutant Massacre. X-Factor and Apocalypse(Warren's transformation and Ship).

Fall of the Mutants. Excalibur. The Outback era.

Genosha. Jubilee. X-Men disassembled(the first time).

I didn't start getting into X-Men until the 90's, and while TAS and some of the comics of that time were pretty cool, and I liked the early Claremont run in the late 70's, and the Morrison/Claremont one-two combo of the early 00's (New/X-Treme) was nice, no decade can match the 80's in terms of world building and characterization for the franchise.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-03-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Not much for words are you Hephoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Not much for words are you Hephoenix?
    I was trying to ilustrate the choices of others

I'm losing my grasp on language, my one wish is that Marvel writes Wolverine like an Australian before it all slips away.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    I was trying to ilustrate the choices of others
    I know. It's cool

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For me the best period was the Claremont era which began in the 70s and extended into the 80s early 90s. Without him we would not have the Xmen as we know them today.
    The first half of 70s were just reprints.

So we should vote 80s and not 70s

It went downhill after Claremont left in early 1991.

Quality hasn't really picked up yet as most stories are just rehash of the later half of 70s and 80s.

The stories nowadays are so inconsistent and shallow. Sometimes bordering on childish.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-04-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I know. It's cool

Maybe you thought it waas annoying, heheh

BANNED

80s
    then the 2000s

Astonishing Member

I searched for when Inferno happened because that was about the end of my love for the X-Men, I mean the first few issues of Jim Lee's X-Men were cool but as far as storylines go, Inferno is my cutting off point and that was 1989.

I got into X-men with X-men #1, the Claremont/Lee book, and then went back and read X-Tinction Agenda after that. From there I was hooked and read all the older 80s stuff (Days of Future Past, the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, Fall of the Mutants, etc.). That period up until about the Age of Apocalypse in the mid-90s was just incredible IMO. From X-Cutioner’s Song to Fatal Attractions to Phalanx Covenant to AoA. Even Operation Zero Tolerance wasn’t bad, but it started to go downhill from there IMO. The Twelve was abysmal and I left comics for awhile around that time. Got back into them with the Ultimate X-men comic and Grant Morrison’s New X-men, which was really a love letter to the weirdness of Claremont’s X-men IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I searched for when Inferno happened because that was about the end of my love for the X-Men, I mean the first few issues of Jim Lee's X-Men were cool but as far as storylines go, Inferno is my cutting off point and that was 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I got into X-men with X-men #1, the Claremont/Lee book, and then went back and read X-Tinction Agenda after that. From there I was hooked and read all the older 80s stuff (Days of Future Past, the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, Fall of the Mutants, etc.). That period up until about the Age of Apocalypse in the mid-90s was just incredible IMO. From X-Cutioner’s Song to Fatal Attractions to Phalanx Covenant to AoA. Even Operation Zero Tolerance wasn’t bad, but it started to go downhill from there IMO. The Twelve was abysmal and I left comics for awhile around that time. Got back into them with the Ultimate X-men comic and Grant Morrison’s New X-men, which was really a love letter to the weirdness of Claremont’s X-men IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Yes, that's the same for me, too. I chose the 80's option on the poll, but to be more accurate I'd say it's the start of Byrne's period through to the end of John Romita JR's that is my era of the X-Men. After (or perhaps during) the Mutant Massacre there is a definite shift in the way Claremont portrays the X-Men, from the plucky underdogs of the Cockrum/Byrne/Smith/Romita JR eras, to the "legends" of the outback years onward, where the X-Men are talked up a lot and bad-ass posing becomes the norm.

As for when I started reading the X-Men, X-Men #97 is the first issue I remember owning (long since gone), though living in England in the seventies meant that American imports were impossible to follow, whilst British reprints were obviously behind the times. I think I wasn't able to collect the X-Men regularly until the end of the John Romita JR period.