Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Howabout a Captain Marvel team featuring...

Carol Danvers
    Monica
    Billy (Hulkling)
    Kamala and maybe :

a reformed Moonstone (or at least an uneasy alliance)

Surprise appearance by Mar-vell (caught in a time and space warp)

Your opinions or line up ideas on this?

Billy is Wiccan, not Hulkling. Hulkling's name is Teddy.

You could also include Phyla-Vell, who's currently a Guardian of the Galaxy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You could also throw in Captain Glory, Captain Kree, Ultragirl, Planet Terry, Sleeper (Tel-Kar) and Starbrand (Va-Sohn).
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 03-04-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Maybe not a team but I think they should really integrate all of Marvel's Kree Characters as regular cast member's of Carol's ongoing series to build a tighter mythos around the Captain Marvel Brand... Maybe even a Kree-based Event.

Captain Marvel's children... Genis, Phylla Vel,Hulking
    Marvel Boy aka Noh Var
    Ultra Girl
    Ronan
    Docotor Minerva
    Yon Rogg
    Sumpreme Intelligence

Put all this star power into one book with a good creative team could really revolutionize the Captain Marvel Brand

If there's no talking tiger, FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Maybe not a team but I think they should really integrate all of Marvel's Kree Characters as regular cast member's of Carol's ongoing series to build a tighter mythos around the Captain Marvel Brand
    I think Marvel really wants to clear the deck for the Danvers character. It feels like reminding people that the character is just one in a long line of characters would be a step backwards, so don't expect to see Genus or Phyla anytime soon. There is a Phyla in Guardians but that one is from an alternate universe. The kids of Mar-vell will either stay dead, show up as versions from an alternate universe like Phyla or be brought back as a villain or basket case for Danvers to triumph over like Genus will be.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

You maybe right but personally I think it’s the wrong move. They should embrace the legacy and try to build up the mythos. These characters would make a strong support cast/roughies gallery. And using all these past characters would get more fans behind the Captain Marvel franchise

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Gurl, I've been pitching a Marvel Family book forever. I think the line-up should be everyone who has used the Captain Marvel name in the main universe (minus the Skrull Mar-Vell) + Teddy and Kamala. I really want this legacy to be more than just ''the name who kept being tossed around until someone got a movie''. Having all of these characters headlining a franchise together and exploring what this legacy means to each one of them could be amazing. I understand they're focused on promoting Carol as THE Captain Marvel right now, which is fine by me, but I don't think there's any reason why both can't co-exist. If Carol can be an Avenger, a Ultimate, an A-Forcer and the leader of Alpha Flight all while having her own solo book, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from letting her be a part of another team.

I'd like them as supporting characters in her book. Then, if she gets popular enough for a second ongoing, they could launch a "Marvel Force" book and have them act as the new "Alpha Flight" shielding Earth from cosmic threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Gurl, I've been pitching a Marvel Family book forever. I think the line-up should be everyone who has used the Captain Marvel name in the main universe (minus the Skrull Mar-Vell) + Teddy and Kamala. I really want this legacy to be more than just ''the name who kept being tossed around until someone got a movie''. Having all of these characters headlining a franchise together and exploring what this legacy means to each one of them could be amazing. I understand they're focused on promoting Carol as THE Captain Marvel right now, which is fine by me, but I don't think there's any reason why both can't co-exist. If Carol can be an Avenger, a Ultimate, an A-Forcer and the leader of Alpha Flight all while having her own solo book, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from letting her be a part of another team.
    A-Force was an Avengers team, and she wasn't on that team or the Ultimates at the same time as the main Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd rather just have Super-Skrull become a supporting cast member.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If there's no talking tiger, FAIL.
    Well, Tigra needs a home...

Fantastic Member

Captain Marvel & the Marvel Corps:
    Captain Marvel
    Spectrum
    Genis-Vell
    Phyla-Vell
    Ms Marvel
    Sharon Ventura
    Ultra Girl
    Hulkling
    Moonstone
    Starbrand (Va-Sohn) & Cipher (Joras-Kyl) [tie into the dead Earth Starbrand and bring back Kevin & Nightmask and a new Justice]
    Ronan
    Hala
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 03-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Any Captain Marvel team book needs not only Monica and Teddy but Genis and Phyla also.

Mighty Member

(thanks for the replies!)

Xavin, super-skrull from Runaways and possible boyfriend for Kamala

Planet Terry and his robot and lizard-man friend.