Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nowhere in these articles is it confirmed that DC is reducing its line to 22 comics.

In fact, that number is directly refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Nowhere in these articles is it confirmed that DC is reducing its line to 22 comics.

In fact, that number is directly refuted.
    And also, from the CBR article,
    DC is reportedly laying off seven employees as part of a restructuring designed to put a greater focus on publishing. The company will also reorganize into three areas focusing on Editorial, Production & Manufacturing and the newly-formed Publishing Support Services.
    Would you consider 7 people to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    . . . a large portion of it's staff . . .

Mighty Member

I'm sorry I kind of fell for what I naively thought was a legitimate comics news force; thanks everyone for setting me straight.

Mighty Member

that should be "news source"

Pretty much all comic sites now are either rumor mills or hype machines you have nothing to be sorry for williamtheday.

The only site I have found that doesn't take part in that is Newsarama and Bounding into Comics.

The people here are just quick to deter anything they do not agree with our align with their world view.

I hope like heck that the physical comic industry is not destroyed but truth be told if it does it will have deserved it.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And also, from the CBR article, Would you consider 7 people to be
    Few control the many

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    Abuse shop owners? So the people at Marvel are forcing these shop owners to buy their product? And what specifically makes comics great? What in your opinion would lead to a mass of people heading to a physical store to buy a paper comic?
    THANK YOU! At the END of the day it is still the OWNER'S choosing what products top sell in stores and how many.
    If a book like Moon Girl does not move 1 copy after her first 3 issues-the other 40+ should not be in your store.

Today Marvel comics is flooded with unqualified people.
    So you have seen all these POC, LGBTQ & women's resumes? Because it's funny these claims seem to ONLY target them.
    So we are going to ignore all the awards, tv shows & movies those folks have done?

And the industry has done very little to change that.
    No they have tried but guess who keeps standing in the way? Some variation of Comicsgate.
    Someone who takes offense of any book being made that they don't approve of.
    Someone who doesn't understand business or competition.
    Folks who won't stop making crap UP an can only cite QUESTIONABLE websites or folks.

Someone who FAILS to realize the image of the comic book fans is being made TOXIC by variation of comcisgate starter kits.
    You don't think the pubic don't see this nasty behavior? The toys destroying, book stabbing/eating, Rotten Tomatoes review bombing, Netflix She-ra attacks, the death threats to guys like Michael B Jordan, the witch hunt to Brie Larson and so on?
    Don't think Donny Cates, Chelsa Cain, Eve Ewing, Coates, Roxanne Gay and others are NOT talking about how they are being treated to others.
    EVERYBODY SEES IT. Especially POC, LGBTQ & women.

So no matter what Marvel or others do-they can't stop toxic fan behavior of entitlement.
    I can't bring the industry to new heights if I got factions that want to EXCLUDE folks.

Brian Hibbs, a retailer with one of the largest chain of comic book shops, is out right telling people what is going on and most of the people on this board are like "Nah bro everything is fine"
    SORRY he can ONLY speak for HIMSELF.

Is he accounting for the COMPETITION near him? I looked up his store. He is located on North Beach. Now how many book stores that sell COMICS are near him? 44 stores with 4 Half Price Books.
    My 7 comic book stores (that I can visit) don't have 44 competitors. They only have 10.

Is he accounting for stores who WON'T sell a book starring a POC, LGBTQ or certain females? Some for racist reasons and others because those books ACTUALLY don't sell well for them?
    Those 7 have no trouble with those type of books from ANY company except for Cyborg.

Is he accounting for the SALES of his competition?
    You know when Barnes & Nobles does buy 1 DC/Image or Marvel trade and get one FREE?
    Or the nonstop 10% coupons I get from them weekly?

Ultimate Member

Pretty much all comic sites now are either rumor mills or hype machines you have nothing to be sorry for williamtheday.

The only site I have found that doesn't take part in that is Newsarama and Bounding into Comics.

The people here are just quick to deter anything they do not agree with our align with their world view.

I hope like heck that the physical comic industry is not destroyed but truth be told if it does it will have deserved it.
    No folks are tired of agenda driven folks who only target certain demographics.

Folks are tired of books being attacked by folks who don't read them or feel like they have no business being made.

Folks are tired of entitlement.

I have issues with too many events. Guess what I don't do SUPPORT THEM.
    I don't like what is going on in whatever that mess is claiming to be Black Panther-I don't BUY it.

I hear store owners CRY over too many Batman books.
    Yet they will still OVER ORDER THE BOOKS and have no issue letting them ROT on the shelves. But some will then throw a fit over 2-3 unsold copies of Moon Girl books.

I have seen trolls snap shots of a pile of unsold a book by someone they were told to HATE and "will scream SJW books don't sell-SEE!"
    Yet in that same photo you will see a LARGER pile of unsold Batman, Hal Jordan, Peter Parker or Deadpool books.

See we can't have any conversations with agenda trolls.

Moon Girl is not closing comic book stores. It's a TON of factors. But because those factors don't bring in youtube hits-trolls attack POC, LGBTQ & women lead books and creators.

No one is going to call out why is some of the stuff a comic book store gets is MONTHS after everyone else gets it?
    No one is going to ask why does OFFICE DEPOT have trades, Funko Pop & toys?
    No one is going to ask how does Half Price Books have NEW books released Wednesday in their bins for half price or lower-DAYS after they come out?
    No one is going to ask why does Vintage Movie Trading post have buy one get one free comics every month?
    No one is asking why does comic book store pay attention to what the competition is doing?
    NO one is asking why does Midtown comics have nonstop sales EVERY day? How much are THEY hurting stores?

Astonishing Member

I understand the sentiment that readership isn't growing, hey I believe it but what I don't get is LCS over ordering books and then crying over the same books not selling. How can you remain a viable business with that faulty model? If you know your customers, you'll accommodate them accordingly and stop over supplying when there's no guarantee of demand.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-02-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't the DC 22 roumer debunked, when they said there canceling the new age of heros titles and the 100page Walmart specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Wasn't the DC 22 roumer debunked, when they said there canceling the new age of heros titles and the 100page Walmart specials.
    Some people only read / see what they want to.

Then again, once some rumors start getting repeated enough, people think they must be true.

BANNED

Will Disney close Marvel?

Joey Q sets the record straight: Absolutely not.

https://twitter.com/JoeQuesada/statu...osing-rumor%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Didio still cut the line back.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Didio still cut the line back.
    Yes, DC is pairing down its product line a little, but not to 22 titles.

Do you also claim MARVEL is ending all publications when they end a title or two without immediately announcing two new books to replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yes, DC is pairing down its product line a little, but not to 22 titles.

Do you also claim MARVEL is ending all publications when they end a title or two without immediately announcing two new books to replace it?
    Do you actually believe DC would cut their line down all at once without a event attached to it?

Or you know do it gradually letting the strongest one survive and the let the weaker ones petter out? Sorta like most most smart business people would handle the situation. (Granted Smart Business has to be used loosely in regards to current Big Two comics)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Do you actually believe DC would cut their line down all at once without a event attached to it?
    Weren't you the one who blindly repeated the "22 titles" rumor without any real supporting facts?