View Poll Results: Who Is The Lucky Person?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman/Bruce Wayne

15 23.44%
  • Cat Grant

1 1.56%
  • Diana Prince/Wonder Woman

14 21.88%
  • Lana Lang

26 40.63%
  • Maxima

4 6.25%
  • Someone Else (please specify)

4 6.25%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Anti-trinity-shipper here. All three are way more like siblings than paramours to me.

Lana ... it should be my vote, but she's just too safe. Why even leave Smallville then?

Maxima ... not a fan. Whole concept needs a revamp.

Cat Grant is very interesting. And very un-safe. If Lois' attitude is off-putting to some readers, how much more so is Cat? I like that she is traditionally older than Clark. And I liked that from the start Cat always had a thing for Clark, not Superman.

Cat Grant gets my vote here.
    Anti trinity shipper here too.

I love her as an individual, I just never pictured her with Clark. However, you make an interesting point about Cat.

BANNED

Lets be honest here, Batman and Superman has acted more like a couple than Superman and Wonder Woman ever did.

Astonishing Member

Don't have anyone specific in mind, but I'll say Sally Selwyn as a place holder. I' can see two ways of reading this question.

If it's Superman's love interest in the same sense that Pre-Crisis Lois was Superman's Girlfriend as opposed to Clark Kent's then I might concede to Wonder Woman fitting that role. Diana fits if what we are looking for is someone that I could see Superman romancing in costume better than anyone else on the list or that comes to mind.

But if the question is that for whatever reason Lois is off the table and we want a romantic relationship in the Superman stories, then I least want someone like the current Diana (and never Maxima) who is linked more to Kal-El by heroics and powers. One of the things I dislike the most when Lois appears now is when she is a direct part of a Superman battle. So if Lois is gone I definitely don't want to replace her with someone who is even more a physical presence in the "never ending battle".

While Lana has had a few differences over the years- more often than not she is a Lois-lite or Lois-like character. I could see her in an Else-worlds where Lois never entered the picture, but as part of the main continuity she'd always feel like a "we couldn't use Lois so … Lana" replacement. Or if you went with the least Lois-like version out there it feels like daBronzeBomma said "Clark is still too defined by his childhood".

Of the ones listed Cat might work- but that's if you excise any version connected to Supergirl (comics/TV) or the L&C version (Scoggins). I prefer the version from Wolfman through about 2004 in the comics or the one Clark was working the blog with. I can even see the second one from Smallville working. But I can't back the idea because I am sure they's use the Scoggins' or worst Flockhart's version as the basis for her- and neither seems at all like someone Superman should have anything but pity for.

So I'm going with Sally Selwyn as an example of someone who would be involved with Clark but only be attracted to Superman because she knows he and Clark are the same person. A woman who wouldn't be interested in the type of romance the Kidder version of Lois had with Superman or the type Diana had.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The other thread in this forum has got me thinking - if Lois Lane is not an option who should Superman be linked with romantically? I'm very much interested to see who others think is the best option of those I've picked for this poll (or a write-in choice). I've listed the choices in alphabetical order not those of personal preference.

PS I think Wonder Woman would be best.
    I voted Lana. The stories I have read with her have really been compelling.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Bruce wayne. #superbat

BANNED

Maxima. I would love to write and draw a Superman series where Superrman flies around in his ship going on outerspace escapades, and he has Maxima along with him. They would save a world from Zod and his gang, compete in War World against Draaga and others, battle Starro, have New Gods adventures, and do a bunch of other stuff. He'd be full on Superman in this series without much of Clark Kent's goings on.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-03-2019 at 01:10 AM.

I went with Batman. They just work. They have the right amount of conflict, respect,trust and affection. They have the best dynamic than either man has with their usual love interests.

Plus if they pair up might end the tedious shipping wars that plague both franchises.

Middy, Bobby,Extra no, Alan, Constantine, jericho etc Shippers seem less interested when it comes to gay or bisexual men. So bonus points.

Not to mention they keep the same hours, have similar builds so can share clothes.
    Imagine how happy poor Alfred would be to finally get some help with chores in the form of those Super Robots.
    It's just super positive all around
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-03-2019 at 08:36 AM.

BANNED

Clark Kent in a AU the biggest news story of the century! Superman in love with himself.

Superbat is the most popular ship for both Clark and Bruce. There's more romantic chemistry between the two of them than either have with any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Superbat is the most popular ship for both Clark and Bruce. There's more romantic chemistry between the two of them than either have with any other character.
    Going by AO3 statistics, Superman/Lex Luthor is even more popular (5,942 stories versus 4,769 for Superman/Batman).

ETA: For comparison, Superman/Lois Lane has 1,594 stories.

(Of course, I'd be the first to admit that the demographic of AO3 is decidedly skewed to the normal comics-buying demographic.)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Going by AO3 statistics, Superman/Lex Luthor is even more popular (5,942 stories versus 4,769 for Superman/Batman). ETA: For comparison, Superman/Lois Lane has 1,594 stories. (Of course, I'd be the first to admit that the demographic of AO3 is decidedly skewed to the normal comics-buying demographic.)
    Clex was my first ship and should have been the Smallville canon ship instead of Clois or Clana but it was ruined when Lex gave in to evil. The young me had my hopes dashed, but the older me knows it never had a chance on a show that was homophobic like Smallville was.

Clex was my first ship and should have been the Smallville canon ship instead of Clois or Clana but it was ruined when Lex gave in to evil. The young me had my hopes dashed, but the older me knows it never had a chance on a show that was homophobic like Smallville was.

And this post becomes Exhibit A for both the "Why Headcanons Are Bad" and "Why Shipping Is Unhealthy" arguments.

Overreactions like this make me think that an asexual Superman wouldn't be the worst idea.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    And this post becomes Exhibit A for both the "Why Headcanons Are Bad" and "Why Shipping Is Unhealthy" arguments. Overreactions like this make me think that an asexual Superman wouldn't be the worst idea.
    OBVIOUSLY the show where the psycho lesbian was impaled to death couldn't be homophobic.

Thank you for the straight talk.

OBVIOUSLY the show where the psycho lesbian was impaled to death couldn't be homophobic.

Thank you for that gif. Made me chuckle.

Astonishing Member

They also impaled Jimmy freaking Olsen....