View Poll Results: Who Is The Lucky Person?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman/Bruce Wayne

15 23.44%
  • Cat Grant

1 1.56%
  • Diana Prince/Wonder Woman

14 21.88%
  • Lana Lang

26 40.63%
  • Maxima

4 6.25%
  • Someone Else (please specify)

4 6.25%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They also impaled Jimmy freaking Olsen....
    Am I going to have to explain to you what homophobia is? Do you really not understand how a psycho lesbian character getting impaled to death by a phallic object is homophobic?
    Last edited by Superbat; 03-03-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Clark's best partner and most engaging relationship has always been with Bruce. Even without the sex or romance the chemistry still leaps off the page at you.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    And this post becomes Exhibit A for both the "Why Headcanons Are Bad" and "Why Shipping Is Unhealthy" arguments.

Overreactions like this make me think that an asexual Superman wouldn't be the worst idea.
    I fail to see how Superbat's post exhibited any of the traits you specified.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Clark's best partner and most engaging relationship has always been with Bruce. Even without the sex or romance the chemistry still leaps off the page at you.

The Pre-Flashpoint Superman/Batman series oozed homoerotica.

I think almost all of them girls can work with a good story. I think Maxima sounds interesting. Like someone said, Superman and her can go on cool cosmic adventures. I don't like the idea of Clark having a romance with someone like Cat Grant because she's is too close to Lois, so that's not cool to me. My fave is probably Wonder Woman because he is very much like Superman with a few differences. But she's nearly as strong as him and very heroic. She understands the sacrifices. Superman is not gay so Batman doesn't apply.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think almost all of them girls can work with a good story. I think Maxima sounds interesting....
    I agree Maxima would be interesting, at least short term, as Superman is typically paired with other heroic characters.

PS I do think in an AU Clark and Bruce could work well together as a couple, which is odd as I typically have ZERO INTEREST in gay male ships (sorry people but I'm a hetero guy who vastly prefers m/f and the sometimes f/f).
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-03-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree Maxima would be interesting, at least short term, as Superman is typically paired with other heroic characters.

PS I do think in an AU Clark and Bruce could work well together as a couple, which is odd as I typically have ZERO INTEREST in gay male ships (sorry people bit I'm a hetero guy who vastly prefers m/f and the sometimes f/f).
    Oh I agree that Clark and Bruce have a lot of tension that can be interpreted as romantic. Even I ship them on occasion lol and I'm a hetero female. But the reality is that these characters are never going to be paired romantically in canon, so I don't see the point in voting for them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Lets be honest here, Batman and Superman has acted more like a couple than Superman and Wonder Woman ever did.
    exactly ..
    Last edited by Superfamily; 03-03-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Oh I agree that Clark and Bruce have a lot of tension that can be interpreted as romantic. Even I ship them on occasion lol and I'm a hetero female. But the reality is that these characters are never going to be paired romantically in canon, so I don't see the point in voting for them.
    Yeah, no way this couple will ever appear in canon. Plus I still prefer Lois to Bruce as Sups definitive love interest endgame (although Diana could be work as well). Sorry SuperBat but Clois trumps ya in my book.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-03-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Until the day comes they do away with the shared verse it'll always be Wonder Woman for me. She even beats out Lana.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Until the day comes they do away with the shared verse it'll always be Wonder Woman for me. She even beats out Lana.
    for me only Lois beats Diana. Lana is fine but she's Lois lite. I don't want Clark with yet another human. A prefer someone as strong as him, that way he doesn't have to hold back. He can relax..

for me only Lois beats Diana. Lana is fine but she's Lois lite. I don't want Clark with yet another human. A prefer someone as strong as him, that way he doesn't have to hold back. He can relax..
    That's a good point and one I've seldom considered.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Clark always holds back wonder woman is not exactly or nearly as strong or as durable. If he wanted just a physical match maxima is the one for him. Seeing as maxima race had been mating kryptonIans.heck! I think maxima can teach clark a thing or two.

As far as ships goes everyone of them is blah! Except for superbat. I would go as far saying that volcana from tas is way better chemistry with Clark than any of them. Lana is a teen crush, that he grew out of. That is it. Even in silverage Clark owned upto it.

Diana feels like a rebound most of the time. She is there when lois is not. Why her? Why not zatanna, fire, ice.. Etc. Wonder woman superman friendship feels forced most of the time. I think Clark is more friendly and has more in common with Dick than wonder woman. Heck! Jason was part of one of the most iconic superman story. Even Wally and Clark seems to have better scenes. Like when clark told wally how he has more experience as a superhero symbol than all the other leaguer. since he had been doing this from childhood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd prefer Clark to be with someone who doesn't see him as an easy distraction, or someone who respects the people he's loved before. That's largely the fault of bad writing mind you, but it still informs my view of their compatibility or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wonder woman superman friendship feels forced most of the time
    Their friendship hinged on the two being far too inappropriate around each other etc, Diana pining for him while he was married etc, it was just as bad as what Austen did with Lana. I'd like to see the friendship restored, but only if the damn flirting will stop. If that can't be helped, they're better off as acquaintances.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-04-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

lana lang,always perspective she this way
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)