Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    of course "he" is. look at how much time has gone inbetween their altercations. and it's never Pym hunting Ultron. Ultron is the proactive one in those instances. and Pym, self proclaimed scientist supreme, always comes up with some way to end Ultron. he always introduces a McGuffin device that is intended to put Ultron down. at some point, Pym (being a supergenius) would have to realize that what he's doing isn't working. why wasn't his entire focus on destroying his mass murdering creation? forget about being an Avenger. being heralded as a hero should sort of be a second priority to cleaning up the original mistake. here's an idea, borrow the Ultimate Nullifier from Reed Richards.
    None of the super geniuses in Marvel are proactive for the most part and when they try to be it typically ends in disasters like Hickman's Infinity. Why is Pym being held to a standard no other super genius is held to?

BANNED

go back in time and kill himself?
    apparently you don't remember age of Ultron. it's comic book basics that such a action will lead to an alternative timeline coming into being more horrible than the previous one.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-07-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    apparently you don't remember age of Ultron. it's comic book basics that such a action will lead to an alternative timeline coming into being more horrible than the previous one.
    you asked how to destroy Ultron. making sure that Ultron isn't created is the key. all Age of Ultron showed us is that you don't send heroes to kill Pym. it also showed us that Pym is arrogant enough, after being confronted with what he had done, to think that he could fix his own mistakes/make Ultron better. what they didn't try was killing Pym's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    None of the super geniuses in Marvel are proactive for the most part and when they try to be it typically ends in disasters like Hickman's Infinity. Why is Pym being held to a standard no other super genius is held to?
    because of a mass murdering A.I that has his brain patterns?

Why am I not surprised this would be a solution you'd offer?
    oh c'mon! if they had done this in the 90s, some alternate reality non-wife beater Pym would be running around as Ant-Man and you'd all be slobbering over him as if the original never existed.

because of a mass murdering A.I that has his brain patterns?
    And as we know, no other Marvel super genius has ever done something that ended being a problem for the rest of the world.

oh c'mon! if they had done this in the 90s, some alternate reality non-wife beater Pym would be running around as Ant-Man and you'd all be slobbering over him as if the original never existed.
    And you'd be right there complaining that Marvel was being cowardly by erasing Hank's sins.

And you'd be right there complaining that Marvel was being cowardly by erasing Hank's sins.
    no I wouldn't, actually. because I would have won. people accepting the new Hank would prove that i'm in the right for bashing the original. I want people to accept that he has sinned instead of deflecting, minimizing what he did, and scapegoat individuals dealing w/ bipolar. sure originally, I was angry that they cheated Scott to prop up Hank. but that was at a time when Scott had just been accepted as an Avenger and was riding the bench. they killed him so Daniel Way could put out a Pym-Ant-Man book. that was an insult. but, since then, Scott has been given his due. he had the focus in the Future Foundation book. he's had a solo series. he's been in a few movies. that's off my bucket list. as long as they leave me Black Ant, i'm good with them making Hank into Ant-man or giving Cassie a promotion (the logical choice). But I know that they are too proud to just introduce a Pym w/o the baggage of creating Ultron or beating up his wife. they'd have to admit that they screwed up/that he represents something ugly.

no I wouldn't, actually. because I would have won. people accepting the new Hank would prove that i'm in the right for bashing the original. I want people to accept that he has sinned instead of deflecting, minimizing what he did, and scapegoat individuals dealing w/ bipolar. sure originally, I was angry that they cheated Scott to prop up Hank. but that was at a time when Scott had just been accepted as an Avenger and was riding the bench. they killed him so Daniel Way could put out a Pym-Ant-Man book. that was an insult. but, since then, Scott has been given his due. he had the focus in the Future Foundation book. he's had a solo series. he's been in a few movies. that's off my bucket list. as long as they leave me Black Ant, i'm good with them making Hank into Ant-man or giving Cassie a promotion (the logical choice). But I know that they are too proud to just introduce a Pym w/o the baggage of creating Ultron or beating up his wife. they'd have to admit that they screwed up/that he represents something ugly.
    Hank's fans accepted his sins and moved on decades ago. The people who hate him haven't.

Hank's fans accepted his sins and moved on decades ago. The people who hate him haven't.
    every month some 'fan' complains about Pym's bad reputation or how unfairly he has been treated. it's the only time that stuff comes up. it's not like I started a Pym's a wife-beater thread.

Incredible Member

every month some 'fan' complains about Pym's bad reputation or how unfairly he has been treated. it's the only time that stuff comes up. it's not like I started a Pym's a wife-beater thread.
    No, but every Hank Pym thread, you post dozens of times repeating the same crap. You don't like him. Believe me, you've made that abundantly clear. Why you let a character you hate take up so much of your time is beyond me. I can't stand the Sentry, but I just ignore threads that have his name on them. Not sure why you don't do the same with Hank.

you asked how to destroy Ultron. making sure that Ultron isn't created is the key. all Age of Ultron showed us is that you don't send heroes to kill Pym. it also showed us that Pym is arrogant enough, after being confronted with what he had done, to think that he could fix his own mistakes/make Ultron better. what they didn't try was killing Pym's parents.
    wouldn't keeping him from getting an adamantium shell do enough. If spider man could rip him apart when he got out of line it would make him less of a threat. Hank did not give him that shell IIRC and that is what make him an elite threat.

Also if the thing had left his head on battleword instead of keeping it for a trophy things might have gone lot better.
    Last edited by pageturner; 03-08-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    wouldn't keeping him from getting an adamantium shell do enough. If spider man could rip him apart when he got out of line it would make him less of a threat. Hank did not give him that shell IIRC and that is what make him an elite threat.
    Hank didn't give it the adamantium shell, no.

Hank didn't program it to be a threat.

Hank didn't intend it to turn bad.

Hank didn't plan to make an evil robot.

But he has tried to fix this ever since, he has beaten it several times until Ultron finally killed him. Yes he has used his own brain patterns to help in the programming of the machine, but I do believe (my assumption, not a fact) that at that time he didn't know he was suffering from BPD. He was working on this on his own, and his were the only brain patterns available to him. On hindsight this was a mistake, but at the time it just seemed logical.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Pym didn't even exactly invent Ultron. He reverse engineered Dragon Man. Why does whoever invented Dragonman never get any of the blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Hank didn't give it the adamantium shell, no.

Hank didn't program it to be a threat.

Hank didn't intend it to turn bad.

Hank didn't plan to make an evil robot.

But he has tried to fix this ever since, he has beaten it several times until Ultron finally killed him. Yes he has used his own brain patterns to help in the programming of the machine, but I do believe (my assumption, not a fact) that at that time he didn't know he was suffering from BPD. He was working on this on his own, and his were the only brain patterns available to him. On hindsight this was a mistake, but at the time it just seemed logical.

well he "killed" him he did't kill him.

I am sure a slightly older looking Hank could show up one day.