Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While it is fun to compare the similarities between Pym and Martian Manhunter, Atom and Blue Beetle/Ted Kord, I always thought of him as the Batman of Marvel, not in the direct parallel (team 'regular guy with no super-powers who can still kick your ass' niche), but in his uncanny ability to manufacture *other* super-heroes.
    That's a really good comparison, actually. For a relative B-lister, he's had a huge amount of legacy characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'd gladly take Rita over Darren Cross in movie armor. Still not sure how it fits him.
    I'd love for there to have been a crossover back at some point where they were all alive with Janet van Dyne, Rita de Mara, Bill Foster, Scott Lang and Jocasta all working together for some reason. Maybe Cassie and Raz and Victor, for a later version?

In a perfect world, we would have a Spider-Verse/Spider-Geddon style jam event for all the Pym family characters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think Yellow Jacket is the one persona he should avoid like the plague. Way too much baggage there.

Being the "retired" adventurer Dr. Hank Pym like he was in West Coast Avengers might be the way to go.
    You are probably right even though we are in 2019 now haven't people forgotten that stuff yet. It just Yellowjacket is the best design superhero persona he has antman and giantman put him into a niche where Yellowjacket makes sense for both. Just generic Hank Pym does let kids dress up cool costumes or call themselves that hero. Anyways Yellow Jacket is right there with Ronin, Citizen V, Iron Spider armor,and Swordsman and Captain marvel from the Ultimates suit that should have hero using them.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I liked Pym's nineties Giant-Man look
    tumblr_inline_nj9s9gYkOR1s76lss.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No trouble about MM is he is bland at times,The trouble with Pym is they never quite found a superhero persona that works for him. My favorite version of Pym is when he was the Wasp in the Mighty avengers. And the writer of that book finally put it all together with him he had the shrinking and growing, bio shock blast, and he was creatively using his powers namely he was shrinking everything and carrying it along with him so science lab,vehicles, tools,weaponry. He finally showed his full hero potential in that book.

Hank Pym isn't MM, He is clearly defined science hero who needs to be away from Tony Stark,Reed Richards and Black Panther because for some reason other smart hero steal his shine in books. It is maybe because they all kind of have a niche and he kinda doesn't and they don't want to use him like Reed who is a supreme jack of all trades.
    Pym's scientific niche in the comics should be really quantum physics like it is in the movies.

I also think they should embrace the espionage elements of his lore more. His sixties Tales To Astonish Cold War tales had his wife kidnapped and father in law murdered. The shrinking powers are useful for espionage as he can break into places and spy on people undetected. A good foe would be covert conspiracy terror groups like The Secret Empire
    Last edited by chamber-music; 03-04-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I liked Pym's nineties Giant-Man look
    tumblr_inline_nj9s9gYkOR1s76lss.jpg

Pym's scientific niche in the comics should be really quantum physics like it is in the movies.

I also think they should embrace the espionage elements of his lore more. His sixties Tales To Astonish Cold War tales had his wife kidnapped and father in law murdered. The shrinking powers are useful for espionage as he can break into places and spy on people undetected. A good foe would be covert conspiracy terror groups like The Secret Empire
    He's a rare instance from the 90s where all those pouches actually made perfect sense.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Where the hell is Hank? I switched off when he got merged with Ultron almost straight after defeating him in Age of Ultron.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Where the hell is Hank? I switched off when he got merged with Ultron almost straight after defeating him in Age of Ultron.
    Hank's soul got stuck in the soul stone and he got eaten by Devondra in infinity countdown. It was a pretty tragic ending as well because Pym was shown being trapped in Pymtron crying while Pymtron went around being evil wearing his face and later he was shown being happy reuniting with the Avengers only for it to be illusion as he was being eaten by the Devondra soul creature.

Like Daredevil, Hank's life seems to be a never ending gut punch.

I think Pymtron (minus Pym's soul) is still knocking around in space somewhere.

The Unstoppable Wasp writer has been teasing some possible Pym/Pymtron related stuff but as of now it seems like Hank Pym has been benched by Marvel for a bit.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hank's soul got stuck in the soul stone and he got eaten by Devondra in infinity countdown. It was a pretty tragic ending as well because Pym was shown being trapped in Pymtron crying while Pymtron went around being evil wearing his face and later he was shown being happy reuniting with the Avengers only for it to be illusion as he was being eaten by the Devondra soul creature.

The Unstoppable Wasp writer has been teasing some possible Pym/Pymtron related stuff but as of now it seems like Hank Pym has been benched by Marvel for a bit.
    Wow. What a way to remove a founding Avenger. Here’s hoping they’ll find a way to bring him back.

Benching him for a little bit might be for the best. Wait until some writer who really digs Hank and wants to do something cool with him can come along.

Course that means we're back to the usual cycle of someone rebuilding Hank until he's torn down the next time... but at this point I don't think there's a way off that merry go round. It's just sort of his thing.

Yeah, Nadia's two books are definitely going to do something with Pymtron soon. Champions has shown an Ultron drone possessing Sparky, Viv Vision's synthezoid pet dog.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I wanna see Pymtron to be honest.
    the thing is, in Rage of Ultron Eros made Ultron "love himself", which I figure Spencer and Duggan just throw out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    the thing is, in Rage of Ultron Eros made Ultron "love himself", which I figure Spencer and Duggan just throw out of the window.
    I think Eros power is supposed to wear off though. Or at least that's how it usually is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Tony Stark has just as many legacy characters. Pym let Scott keep his costume. But he didn't train Scott. Scott trained Cassie and Raz. I'm always a little hesitant to call Vision a Pym character. Phineas Horton is the progenitor of all of this.
    Scott didn't train Cassie - her training came from the Avengers Initiative. When she was Stature, he was dead. And she became Stinger against his will. By the time they started working together as a duo, their book was pretty much over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Spencer and Duggan couldn't even keep it consistent whether Pymtron is really Hank or not.