Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Manhattan vs. Impossible Man

Post-Crisis Dr. Manhattan (i.e. Watchmen feats only) versus Impossible Man (616), in the Khazan Arena.

Should go to Doc. I think.

IM was mostly a shape shifter with some nebulous cosmic stuff like teleportation and limited omniscience (when it came to pop culture anyways lol). His very best feat is recreating Mjolnir if memory serves. Problem is, I don't remember his hammer having all the esoterics of the real thing. He mostly used it to hit stuff.

Maaaybe he could copy Doc's powers? But he might be transmuted or teleported to the sun before figuring all that jazz out.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Should go to Doc. I think.

IM was mostly a shape shifter with some nebulous cosmic stuff like teleportation and limited omniscience (when it came to pop culture anyways lol). His very best feat is recreating Mjolnir if memory serves. Problem is, I don't remember his hammer having all the esoterics of the real thing. He mostly used it to hit stuff.

Maaaybe he could copy Doc's powers? But he might be transmuted or teleported to the sun before figuring all that jazz out.
    He should have speed on Doc, Doc sees the future but neve exploits precog or anything as he is seeing all time at once hindering his actions due to doubt.

IM routinely flies interstellar/galactic travel due to his natural speed and could ten count blue if conjured something that hits hard enough. ( Given pop culture knowledge, not out there.)

Besides Dr can do horrific damage in exploding IM, but I think the pieces would reform into IMs or something.

Can Dr. Manhattan even affect Impy's molecules?

Here he is resisting a version of the Molecule Man.

4203880-imp+man+resist+mm.jpg

BANNED

esoteric abilities QuickDraw or stalemate? tough to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Can Dr. Manhattan even affect Impy's molecules?

Here he is resisting a version of the Molecule Man.

4203880-imp+man+resist+mm.jpg
    So there was a MM who could affect organically? Never saw that other than Sentry deal. Though yeah if he shrugs that off, Doc cannot do **** to IM.

That's like Thanos being immune to transmutation because of his control of his molecular structure. I would imagine that means Doc can't harm him that way, but teleport into the sun or a black hole should still be viable.

I dont think IM's speed is anything but travel speed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That's like Thanos being immune to transmutation because of his control of his molecular structure. I would imagine that means Doc can't harm him that way, but teleport into the sun or a black hole should still be viable.

I dont think IM's speed is anything but travel speed.
    Given his molecule power and travel speed. I would imagine he would star ship himself. back to arena while insulting Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Given his molecule power and travel speed. I would imagine he would star ship himself. back to arena while insulting Doc.
    That's also my thought.

I'm not sure either of them can hurt the other or get a ten count.

I can imagine Doc transmuting a block of neutronium (or something) around Impy, but I believe Impy can teleport as well. If that's right, he just ports out of the indestructible block.

Looks like a draw to me.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    So there was a MM who could affect organically? Never saw that other than Sentry deal. Though yeah if he shrugs that off, Doc cannot do **** to IM.
    MM has been able to affect organics ever since the first secret wars. Doom with Beyonder's power removed Owen's mental blocks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Considering Doc just defeated nearly every DC hero minus the Trinity I'm gonna go with him

BANNED

op specifies watchmen feats only. no rebirth shenanigans.

D'oh. Just saw that. My bad
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 03-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    op specifies watchmen feats only. no rebirth shenanigans.
    I swear to God, I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans!'

Shenanigans.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan