Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a sucker for the 90's "action girl" cartoons like the Jewel Riders, Princess Tenko, and Sky Dancers. So I'd love to see the failed Wonder Woman & The Star Riders modernized:

Solara (could easily be replaced with Fire), Ice, Starlily (love her design), and Dolphin!

Attachment 79223
    I literally love all of this.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a sucker for the 90's "action girl" cartoons like the Jewel Riders, Princess Tenko, and Sky Dancers. So I'd love to see the failed Wonder Woman & The Star Riders modernized:

Solara (could easily be replaced with Fire), Ice, Starlily (love her design), and Dolphin!

Attachment 79223
    I would love a reboot of Tenko and the Guardians of Magic.Maybe Netflix or someone else will revive the series.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m with you on keeping Steve at ARGUS and building up the concept more via stories.

I kind of think of Donna and Cassie and Etta and Steve as “lead” supporting characters, with some of these other characters listed used occasionally and to flesh out the types of people living in Diana’s “city” and calling it home.
    I think a better understanding of what you have in mind of for 'Diana's city' would help me decide ..what kind of heroes I can imagine settling down, there. Good post, Scott!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Spectacular Member

This is a fun idea.

If I had my way, I'd have Diana's roots be in Gateway City, which would be a sister city/twin city to Washington, D.C (to keep some of the historic connections). Gateway City would have started off as a port city--"gateway to the capital" was their slogan for the longest time. It would also be some weird mystical, mythical, magical nexus point of some sort (not to the point of weirdness that Gail Simone turned Ivy Town into, but similar). Some of the below veer into the supporting cast category.

Washington DC:

Steve Trevor and Etta Candy are primarily based in DC, with their military connections intact. Despite Diana’s early association with the US military early on (Rebirth), it’s a tenuous relationship. They don’t like that they can’t keep Diana in line. Steve and Etta act as liaisons.

I would relocate Power Company to DC as a private security group that does work with the government--one of the less questionable ones (Armbruster International could be another). In particular, I think Skyrocket could be an interesting hero for Diana to interact with frequently.

Similarly, I'd have the Force of July be based in DC. Or maybe Commander Steel. Part of the US government's PR attempt at the super hero game. They’d be at odds with Wonder Woman sometimes.

Ultramarine Corps could also be an option.

Nightshade, Peacemaker and Captain Atom both maintain their connections with US intelligence and armed forces. Similarly, they sometimes clash when their missions are at odds.

Amanda Waller and Suicide Squad could come into play sometimes. As does Nemesis (Tom Tresser).

I would have Geo-Force periodically work out of the Markovian Embassy in DC. He’d cross paths with Diana sometimes. And could be a romantic rival for Steve.

Jack Ryder would be a TV pundit in DC. The Creeper isn’t something he can control at will. It’s more of his rampant id. Their run-ins should be weird.

Ed Indelicato would be a police inspector in DC. I don’t think Washington DC would allow vigilantes to run around unchecked. The DC metro police would be very extremely prejudiced against masks—good or bad. They’d have an extremely strong metahuman task force (better than Metropolis’s) to deal with unsanctioned metahumans.

Gateway City:

I love the idea that Extrano and Tasmanian Devil reside in Gateway City. I would have them acting as guardians of a major nexus point. Sometimes, things get through or weird stuff happens (like Golden Age-ish stories).

Holliday University is an ivy league school located in Gateway City. The Jewel Riders could be students at the university who get pulled into a nexus point (like the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon) and Wonder Woman has to save them. Maybe Hank and Don Hall could also be students at Holliday U. Julia Kapatelis teaches at Holliday U; Vanessa attends.

I’d have Jason Woodrue teach at Holliday University. The Floronic Man would be a result of an experiment gone awry.

I liked Byrne's addition of the defunct Gateway City Zoo. There could be a nexus point that links part of the zoo to a jungle location. Rima could be tied to this.

Donna Troy would be based in Gateway City. I like what the Titans show did with her character development--well-known photojournalist/photographer mainly; sometimes superhero. She freelances for the Gateway City Tribune. Johnny Mann a.k.a Son of Vulcan is the international correspondent for the GCT.

Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals would be headquartered in Gateway City. Satellite office in DC. Veronica Cale was born and raised in Gateway City; was a scholarship student at Holliday U.

Mouse Man was a lab mouse—either at Holliday U or Cale-Anderson Pharma. Experiments and/or nexus weirdness periodically transforms him into a human male but only 6” tall. He’s trying to find a way to permanently stay a man and to be full grown.

Mike Schorr would be a police officer for GCPD. GCPD is much more amenable to having Wonder Woman help them out with weirdness. However, the two leaders for the GCPD metahuman task force—Gunfire and Ballistic—are too aggressive for Diana’s liking.

Gateway City Museum will have Helena Sandsmark as a curator-in-charge in the anthropology department. Helena Kosmatos is Chief Curator of the museum (her days as Fury are long past and the power of Tisiphone is either dormant or lost or….). Ashley Halberstam is resident Egyptologist (also the Golden Pharaoh).

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think a better understanding of what you have in mind of for 'Diana's city' would help me decide ..what kind of heroes I can imagine settling down, there. Good post, Scott!
    Ummm, that I'm playing close to the chest.

Incredible Member

Firstly, it would need to include the essentials: Donna Troy (at least until she reaches a point in time where her maturity and experience justifies her setting off to become the headline hero for her own city, much like when Nightwing eventually left Gotham for Buldhaven), Cassie Sandsmark (and her mum Helena Sandsmark), Artemis, Steve Trevor, Ferdinand, ideally some version of Etta Candy, Veronica Cale, etc.

Other than those, I'd be interested in seeing Fire and Ice as somewhat ... junior super heroines seeking guidance from Wonder Woman. Kind of like probationary solo heroes in training? I also like the aforementioned idea of Hawk and Dove because it would be great to have characters who openly challenge Diana's difficult role in balancing the warring and peaceful sides of her personality. And I'd like to see someone young, disrespectful and who was previously a villain of sorts. Maybe Terra? Or Sebastian Faust? I think it would be interesting to see Wonder Woman dealing with an openly defiant "protégé" of sorts.

Etrigan for the magical side of things could be cool. Actually, Constantine could potentially be an even cooler addition. I think Diana would find his personality more grating which could add to their character dynamics. But, he might be too big to be a supporting player for Diana.

I've always argued that the original Wonder Woman was a closer cousin to pulp-inspired Flash Gordon and Hawkman, than to Superman or Batman. I think the present interpretation of Hawkman, recalling the far-off adventure elements of the pulps, makes a good case for a recurring friendship with Diana. With Tom Strong, also...same reason.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Firstly, it would need to include the essentials: Donna Troy (at least until she reaches a point in time where her maturity and experience justifies her setting off to become the headline hero for her own city, much like when Nightwing eventually left Gotham for Buldhaven), Cassie Sandsmark (and her mum Helena Sandsmark), Artemis, Steve Trevor, Ferdinand, ideally some version of Etta Candy, Veronica Cale, etc.

Other than those, I'd be interested in seeing Fire and Ice as somewhat ... junior super heroines seeking guidance from Wonder Woman. Kind of like probationary solo heroes in training? I also like the aforementioned idea of Hawk and Dove because it would be great to have characters who openly challenge Diana's difficult role in balancing the warring and peaceful sides of her personality. And I'd like to see someone young, disrespectful and who was previously a villain of sorts. Maybe Terra? Or Sebastian Faust? I think it would be interesting to see Wonder Woman dealing with an openly defiant "protégé" of sorts.

Etrigan for the magical side of things could be cool. Actually, Constantine could potentially be an even cooler addition. I think Diana would find his personality more grating which could add to their character dynamics. But, he might be too big to be a supporting player for Diana.
    I think Sebastian Faust/Jason Blood could also fill Constantine's role if you need him to.

The Question could be a good foil for Diana. I was found of the 2005 miniseries that had him crossover with Superman so I wouldn't mind him crossing paths with Diana on a case.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Aquaman/Mera and Shazam: it’s kind of weird that they don’t interact more then they do. Their is a lot of crossover in theme between the three franchises.

The Holiday Girls: reimagine them as a group adventures college girls that Diana mentors, and hangs out with. Then eventually spin them off.

Both Wondergirls: this is a no brainer.

Off the top of my head, I guess...

Aquaman
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl
    Tom Strong
    Doctor Fate
    Black Condor
    Apache Chief
    El Dorado
    Vixen
    Red Lion
    Doctor Mist
    The Olympian
    New Gods
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-08-2019 at 01:04 AM.