Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nyssane easily wins this round of Most Obscure DC Characters.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I tend to prefer the twins than Hank and Dawn so I'd lean towards them. Granted Dawn was given a sister named Holly so you could just use them too.

My radical revamp for Hank and Don was to make them Athena's children and have her be the source of their powers rather than the avatars.

You could just make them her friends from work.
    Interesting thoughts on making Hank and Don Athena’s children. Might work given DC’s reluctance to really build out the whole Lords of Order and Chaos concept introduced years ago and tie it more strongly to the worlds of magic or heroes who derive their powers from it.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Detective Chimp: I like their dynamic from JLD.

And Poison Ivy, she's wasted in Gotham and suffers from the constant pulls towards making her a simple villain again and reducing her to Harley Quinn's girlfriend.
    I like Poison Ivy a lot and wish she’d remain a villain. Too many of the Batvillainesses eventually start leaning toward the side of good. I don’t mind morally grey, but stop trying to antihero all the classic ones.

I can see a clash between Ivy and Diana, but she’s so embedded in my ideas of Batman and Gotham, that I prefer she stays there. Unless she joins the Legion of Doom or Secret Society of Super-Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd go with Nightshade and Black Orchid(for the reasons mentioned above)along with:

Rima the Jungle Girl - I always loved it when Wonder Woman and Rima teamed up on the Super Friends cartoon and I would like to see Diana make Rima an honorary Amazon. Perhaps they could take on the Cheetah and/or Giganta together?

Isis - With her connection to the Egyptian deities, I think it would be cool to see them compare notes about their dieties and their powers.

Tasmanian Devil - With him being openly gay, I'd like to see Diana work with him to promote LGBTQ rights along with stop those who are trying to harm the LGBTQ community. Many of Diana's Nazi(now Neo-Nazi) villains could be the target of her and Tas's agenda such as Baron Blitzkreig, Red Panzer, and Armageddon.
    Interesting thoughts on Rima. I had considered Ya’Wara, but I didn’t want to steal her from Aquaman and I don’t know how well she or Rima would function in the concept of a city I’m working on for Diana.

But, I love both characters.

IIRC from Midnighter, Extraño and Tas are in a relationship... so he might make the move with Gregorio... (But I kind of want Gregorio to be single for my purposes of exploring some stories and themes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a sucker for the 90's "action girl" cartoons like the Jewel Riders, Princess Tenko, and Sky Dancers. So I'd love to see the failed Wonder Woman & The Star Riders modernized:

Solara (could easily be replaced with Fire), Ice, Starlily (love her design), and Dolphin!

Attachment 79223
    Fun idea Nyssane! I had not even considered these characters - which I should as I’m adapting some of the characters from the 70s TV show too.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wish they would have left Steve working with ARGUS and had Diana working with them and building a Justice League team around that concept. Other than that, having either Extrano or Sargon the Sorcerer. Nightshade, Orchid and Lilith absolutely. Most importantly though, I would add Donna Troy to her constant supporting cast along with Steve and Etta with Cassie rotating in and out on a regular basis.
    I’m with you on keeping Steve at ARGUS and building up the concept more via stories.

I kind of think of Donna and Cassie and Etta and Steve as “lead” supporting characters, with some of these other characters listed used occasionally and to flesh out the types of people living in Diana’s “city” and calling it home.

Hawk and Dove - Interesting, how they would interact. Wonder Woman is a warrior and used to be the God of War, but she was using those powers for peace.

Vixen - both of them have public identities, WW has an affinity with animals just as Vixen.

Donna Troy

Wonder Girl

Black Orchid - Superpower spy and connection to Nature which is similar to WW's relationship with Gaea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Lilith was also the daughter of Thia, a Greek sun goddess, so she’d fit in.
    For what it's worth, I'm so much not a fan of the attempts to tie various (Teen) Titans characters to the mythological Titans. It screams of both poor imagination and a lack of understanding of the Titans of myth. And it's not like there is anything interesting in myth that one can do with Theia either.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like Poison Ivy a lot and wish she’d remain a villain. Too many of the Batvillainesses eventually start leaning toward the side of good. I don’t mind morally grey, but stop trying to antihero all the classic ones.

I can see a clash between Ivy and Diana, but she’s so embedded in my ideas of Batman and Gotham, that I prefer she stays there. Unless she joins the Legion of Doom or Secret Society of Super-Villains.
    Both Catwoman and Poison Ivy were rather simplistic constructions as villainesses, depending on the old dogma that good girls weren't allowed to be sexy. In both cases the attempts to give them some more nuance and personality exposed not only them as morally ambigious figures, but arguably Batman as well. With Poison Ivy's focus on green feminism, she doesn't really make sense as a villainess. As a disruptive agent, sure, but not as fundamentally evil in any meaningful way. And given the way I view Wonder Woman's ideology and background, I think Diana is far more likely to see Poison Ivy as a potential ally, and Batman as an antagonist that must be overcome in the long run.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm so much not a fan of the attempts to tie various (Teen) Titans characters to the mythological Titans. It screams of both poor imagination and a lack of understanding of the Titans of myth. And it's not like there is anything interesting in myth that one can do with Theia either.

Both Catwoman and Poison Ivy were rather simplistic constructions as villainesses, depending on the old dogma that good girls weren't allowed to be sexy. In both cases the attempts to give them some more nuance and personality exposed not only them as morally ambigious figures, but arguably Batman as well. With Poison Ivy's focus on green feminism, she doesn't really make sense as a villainess. As a disruptive agent, sure, but not as fundamentally evil in any meaningful way. And given the way I view Wonder Woman's ideology and background, I think Diana is far more likely to see Poison Ivy as a potential ally, and Batman as an antagonist that must be overcome in the long run.
    Right or wrong or how she's currently been depicted, my default love for Poison Ivy comes from her BTAS depiction where, like some of the other villains, she had good intentions, but twisted methods to accomplish her goal.

She might make an interesting visitor to Transformation Island, if we ever get it back again, if only because Arkham never seems to do her any good and she'd be a fascinating character to deconstruct in scenes of talk therapy with an Amazon psychologist.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Donna Troy
    Etta Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Donna Troy
    Etta Candy
    Definitely those two without a question GOR, but are there any others you think would make for good background characters living in her city that might get used every once-in-a-while?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Interesting thoughts on making Hank and Don Athena’s children. Might work given DC’s reluctance to really build out the whole Lords of Order and Chaos concept introduced years ago and tie it more strongly to the worlds of magic or heroes who derive their powers from it.
    On Wikipedia, their mom wasn't described so I felt you could have Athena be their mom and leave them to be raised by their dad. Athena has a complex description of her powers and duties so having one twin inherit a portion is an a easy explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    On Wikipedia, their mom wasn't described so I felt you could have Athena be their mom and leave them to be raised by their dad. Athena has a complex description of her powers and duties so having one twin inherit a portion is an a easy explanation.
    And it is interesting that we haven't had more demigods as of late, Azz's children of Zeus excluded, by the gods. It's as if they gave up on procreation once the Middle Ages hit.

Cassie Sandsmark
    Donna Troy

It's kind of sad that Diana is the only member of the trinity with little or no interaction with either of her actual side kicks.

I wanted Sirraca to join the Amazons. She was Diana's half-sister from Palestine and I thought she'd be a fun addition to Jon/Damian.