Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lol Black Panther and Storm could host a baseball game in the Savage Land and you’d all line up to give Disney and Marvel a billion dollars.
    Damn straight lol

It's an inevitability but here's hoping they can do it better than the comic.

Its more likely to be a new story just using the name of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lol Black Panther and Storm could host a baseball game in the Savage Land and you’d all line up to give Disney and Marvel a billion dollars.
    I like baseball

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I like baseball
    Watching a movie where super powered individuals play baseballs sounds kinda fun. I don’t see a problem here.

Tbh, some of the best X-Men comics in the Claremont and Lobdell eras were the baseball issues.

One of DS9's best episodes of all time was their baseball episode. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Small scuffle and making a whole VS movie are two different things.
    But your question in your original post was who said AvX would be inevitable. You didn't specify the type of fight or the format of the movie, and no one said to expect a direct adaptation. The title or format being Vs. does not necessarily mean it has to be only about the fight or the initial meeting. Heck, Marvel sometimes uses the comic story's title with little resemblance to the original story (like Age of Ultron).

Superheroes fighting when meeting the first time is a trope anyway.
    Yes... that's what... makes it... inevitable. [/Eitri confused face]

By nature, a trope is something that's repeated so often that it becomes a convention that assists a story and tells the audience what to expect in order to help tell the story.

Tropes are inevitable. They can be subverted, averted, played with or be handled any number of ways, but they're usually done in awareness and existence of that trope. If AvX turns out to be a baseball game, it's still the trope of superheroes fighting each other, just played with.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-05-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Mighty Member

I'm just sorry we won't get a Wolverine/Deadpool team up now Hugh Jackman has retired from playing Logan!

When they do reboot X Men I hope they treat Rogue better than the originals did post X2.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'm just sorry we won't get a Wolverine/Deadpool team up now Hugh Jackman has retired from playing Logan!

When they do reboot X Men I hope they treat Rogue better than the originals did post X2.
    Yea but I doubt we see her put Captain Marvel in a coma. But would be nice to have her be a heavy hitter. Or just have her steal powers and actually use them in big fight scenes.