Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default When Do Legends of the DC Universe #40-41 take place?

My comics collection, or at the very least the DC segment of my comics collection is organized in chronological order. This storyline in question is set in the past. During the time period of when the Justice League of America took residence in Happy Harbor, and Snapper Carr was the team mascot.

Those who have read the issues I speak of - can you wager how these stories would fit in DC continuity?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

My, I don't think that's grammatically correct. Do? Does?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    My comics collection, or at the very least the DC segment of my comics collection is organized in chronological order. This storyline in question is set in the past. During the time period of when the Justice League of America took residence in Happy Harbor, and Snapper Carr was the team mascot.
    Never read the stories before, but since they also involve The Atom (Ray Palmer), that would obviously place this sometime after Justice League of America #14 (September 1962) and prior to Justice League of America #77 (December 1969), when Snapper is tricked into betraying the JLA.

Retired

In fact, either conjugation would be correct--it's just the sense that changes depending on whether you meant the plural form (do) or the singular form (does). If one assumes that you meant when do the issues take place--there were two issues, so it's plural and do. But if you meant when does the story in those two issues take place, then it's singular and does.

One can assume that the story takes place somewhere between JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 14 (when the Atom became a member) and 77 (when the League's Earth HQ was compromised), but I would narrow it down to around issue 60 or 61 of that title and around THE ATOM 35 (February-March 1968); however, they mention that the rest of the Justice League is on a mission in outer space and there aren't many published adventures that took place in outer space that the Atom wasn't in on, from that time period. In fact, the Atom was only left out of a space mission in THE ATOM 8 (August-September 1963), when the League was involved with the Queen Bee in issue 23 of their mag and the two comics crossed over with these events.

Of course, this is an updated story and set in post-Crisis continuity, so that could have changed a lot of things in the Atom timeline. For instance, David Clinton has a full head of hair, which he didn't in the original stories.