Default Best Spider-Man Quotes During his Avengers Stints

... so with Spidey's assortment of tenures on the Avengers, what are the best, dramatic, funniest, and/or inspiring quotes that he has uttered thus far?

I loved this moment in the New Avengers AvX tie-in where Spider-Man is told to teach Hope, who then freaks out because she thinks he's useless, but then he tells her the Uncle Ben/Great Responsibility speech and she immediately starts running after him to tell her more.

IMG_9980.jpg
    IMG_9981.jpg
    IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

Last image because previous post couldn't fit it

BANNED

From Roger Stern's Avengers #236, mostly because it won't be uttered today in any Spider-Man comic and media. Spider-Man asks to join the Avengers following up on an offer Thor made him some issues back but he's offered a place in a trainee program:

Spider-Man: Trainee program?!? Hey, I'm Spider-Man, Remember? I was sticking to walls when you guys were still looking for a clubhouse, I'm no green rookie!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The best one to me was in the AXIS tie-in in the first three issues of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing, where he rips into the Inverted Avengers for trying to shut down the Mighty Avengers by force, claiming that "Avengers" shouldn't stand for using force and superior power just to win an argument or defend their position and authority, especially when they were in the wrong in the first place.

"'Cause, I mean... okay, I came in a little late, but... We're not this. The Avengers are not this. Our job is not to bring walking tanks to do our talking for us. Or thunder gods, or big hair, or--or whatever else. It's not to wade in with overwhelming force to protect our authority when we're in the wrong. And right now you are in the wrong, Tony--Sam. And you know it. So... So back off, guys. Or you can come through me. Because I am an Avenger. And that... That is what we are. But, uh... Obviously I'm hoping you don't come through me..."

(Was perfectly fine until that last awkward bit, but it's still the best he's ever been in an Avengers comic. Thank you, Al Ewing.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Winner winner
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Eight spider ladies... and this was in 2012, so that doesn't include Spider-Gwen or Silk (who both debuted in 2014). So that would be Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Anya Corazon, Black Widow... isn't that it? Would he know about AU's like Ashley Barton and Mayday? And Mattie Franklin probably doesn't count because she was dead by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eight spider ladies... and this was in 2012, so that doesn't include Spider-Gwen or Silk (who both debuted in 2014). So that would be Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Anya Corazon, Black Widow... isn't that it? Would he know about AU's like Ashley Barton and Mayday? And Mattie Franklin probably doesn't count because she was dead by then.
    He's also exaggerating, he doesn't literally mean there are "8 spider ladies", just that there's alot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man: Trainee program?!? Hey, I'm Spider-Man, Remember? I was sticking to walls when you guys were still looking for a clubhouse, I'm no green rookie!
    Learn well, MCU Spider-Man .
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This was oddly prophetic in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Learn well, MCU Spider-Man .
    But MCU Spider-Man is one of the newest of heroes in that universe.

Guys, I know some of you don't like that interpretation, but come on, context.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

The point is Spider-Man should sass and backtalk the Avengers. He did that even in Ultimate Spider-Man, after running into the Ultimates this is what he said,

"I mean, this is what I have to look forward to when I grow up? People being just... jerks."
    — Peter Parker, Ultimate Spider-Man, Issue 70

In early issues, the attitude among fans and others is that Spider-Man is too cool for the Avengers and the latter aren't worth his time (see Avengers #4 where Tony comes to him, FF, X-Men and Spider-Man in the middle of something tells him basically to f--k off). This is because Spider-Man was bigger than all the Avengers put together and Spider-Man much preferred hanging out with the cool people -- The Fantastic Four and the X-Men. When Marvel sold the rights to the latter two, they revived and reinvented the Avengers and in the course of that, "truth is the first casualty", so now Spider-Man is imagined as "eager young space cadet" and stand-in for the target demo of the Avengers moviegoing fans.

^^WHY.....WHY...does it always have to be an argument with this dude???

As for me, I loved during the third arc of NA, Spider-Man says "Can we go back to the ninjas?" After complaining about fighting ninjas. XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yeah because God forbid a 15-year-old would look up to people who are basically celebrities that save the world.

"It's funny! I wanted to be an Avenger! Wanted it so bad I could taste it!"

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate