Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Personally, the only idea that i want from him, are the ones concerning Logan's parents, his take sounds a lot of better than what we actually got this century. Otherwise, take away the rest IMO.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Claremont didn’t like Ms Sinister? She’s so Claremont, it’s unreal. If any character likes gender bending, it’s him. I’m genuinely shocked at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I used to call that run the X-Force Loebotomy. Everyone was so out of character, and I hated how the Reignfire story ended and how Dani just disappeared. I didn't quite quit reading, but I didn't care if a missed an issue.
    Fabian X-Force and JFM X-Force are the best the book ever was, but the bit between them by Loeb is so unreadable except for the art.

I agree. JFM's run is really underrated. It's amazing what he managed to pull off with all the editorial problems at the time. I remember times when the stories would be changed after the solicitations came out.

I was at NYCC a couple of years ago. Claremont was at his table signing, as he usually is. He seems like the kind of guy where once you get him talking, he'll really talk.

Michael Golden, the artist on Avengers Annual 10, was also there that year, somewhere on the other side of Artist's Alley. A person a few ahead of me in line asked CC what it was like working with Golden (or something like that - I didn't actually hear the question). Naturally, he was talking about AA10. As my turn comes up, he's still talking as he signs, and has a small crowd around listening. I hand him my copy of AA10 to sign... and instead of just signing it, he started flipping through it and talking about their collaborative process on certain pages, certain panels. He talked about how this page might have been knocked out in a day, but this other single panel took a week because they wanted to get the expression on Carol's face just right, and so forth. I've been to a lot of conventions, but that was by far one of the interesting 15 minutes I've ever experienced at one.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Fifteen years ago or so, he came to my city's Comic-Con. I was so excited!

As I was waiting for my turn in the line, I was practicing my speech in my head, since English is not my native tongue and I didn't mean to bother Chris nor the other people because of my clumsiness.

When I finally reached him, I gave him firstly a gift I made for him: a drawing of Kitty, Rogue and Kurt holding a poster with quotes aiming against intolerance, discrimination and violence. I think he liked it, and I wonder sometimes if he may still keep it with him –I was so stupid and shy that I didn't dare to sign it with my e-mail so he maybe could have answered me.

Then I told him my little story. When I was at High School, there was a boy I liked. That year I had my file folder dressed with a copy of that awesome splash-page with Dani and the Demon Bear in the snow. One day, this boy came to me and said: “Is this Sienkiewicz?”. You'll guess, I almost fell dead at that moment. Fact is, we started a relationship and many many years later we still were together.

I told Chris all of this and gave him my old copy of TNM #18, asking him to please sign it for me and my partner. He smiled and put our names together and circled them with a heart.

When the Comic-Con was at its falling, in the evening, my people and me left the building and, believe it or not, Chris and his wife –all alone!-- were sitting on the staircase enjoying the silence and the night. My brother-in-law dared to asked him for a photograph with him, and Chris kindly accept without a frown.

I really took the best of impressions of him, honestly. He was extremely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Fifteen years ago or so, he came to my city's Comic-Con. I was so excited!

As I was waiting for my turn in the line, I was practicing my speech in my head, since English is not my native tongue and I didn't mean to bother Chris nor the other people because of my clumsiness.

When I finally reached him, I gave him firstly a gift I made for him: a drawing of Kitty, Rogue and Kurt holding a poster with quotes aiming against intolerance, discrimination and violence. I think he liked it, and I wonder sometimes if he may still keep it with him –I was so stupid and shy that I didn't dare to sign it with my e-mail so he maybe could have answered me.

Then I told him my little story. When I was at High School, there was a boy I liked. That year I had my file folder dressed with a copy of that awesome splash-page with Dani and the Demon Bear in the snow. One day, this boy came to me and said: “Is this Sienkiewicz?”. You'll guess, I almost fell dead at that moment. Fact is, we started a relationship and many many years later we still were together.

I told Chris all of this and gave him my old copy of TNM #18, asking him to please sign it for me and my partner. He smiled and put our names together and circled them with a heart.

When the Comic-Con was at its falling, in the evening, my people and me left the building and, believe it or not, Chris and his wife –all alone!-- were sitting on the staircase enjoying the silence and the night. My brother-in-law dared to asked him for a photograph with him, and Chris kindly accept without a frown.

I really took the best of impressions of him, honestly. He was extremely nice.
    That's a really lovely story, Ricochet Rita. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Seconded, I'm sat here with tea and biscuits and thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience, aww

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Seconded, I'm sat here with tea and biscuits and thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience, aww
    Aw, thanks!

It's actually...too private to post it here, I hesitated to do it, but I couldn't help it because it was so important to me.

I think it was the next Comic-Con that I waited for my turn to see Arthur Adams. I gave him a drawing of Longshot, too, but he was much more serious than CC; I honestly think this was because he had to draw and he was tired. Actually, the moment I reached his table he said he was done --AAAARGH!!!-- and I only got my Longshot #1 signed from him. I didn't dare to talk to him, either.