Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default What would be the best way for The Fantastic Four to be brought into the MCU?

What would be the best way for The Fantastic Four to be brought into the MCU? With the Captain Marvel movie coming up in days, and she'll be fighting the Skrulls, how should the MCU bring in The Fantastic Four and all of their supervillains? Remember the greatest supervillian of all time Dr. Doom? If I were in charge of the MCU, and I am not, the next big movie event would be Secret Wars , and Marvel would finally have all of the characters available to them from the original 1984-1985 miniseries.

Basically, I'd do what they did with Spider-man Homecoming and have them get their powers offscreen. They were active in the time between End-game and whenever the first film is. Their origin gets recapped in the first few minutes of their film and we are off to the races (so to speak). They become unintentional celebreties and the film deals with them fighting a version of the frightful four.

Another option is to have them take place in the 60s but get pushed forward into the 2020s due to the cosmic radiation technobabble. Moviebob did a whole pitch that i'd recommend.

I like the time travel suggestion from a few years back. Reed & Sue are contemporaries of young Pym, elder Stark, and Agent Carter in early 60s. Experiment goes wrong(Dr. Von Doom sabotage) and the four of them travel to the now. In the meantime, Doom has assumed leadership of his home country, dominates the science and tech field, and the secret of Kamar Taj. Bonus points if "Latveria" is the new name for Sokovia.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I like the time travel suggestion from a few years back. Reed & Sue are contemporaries of young Pym, elder Stark, and Agent Carter in early 60s. Experiment goes wrong(Dr. Von Doom sabotage) and the four of them travel to the now. In the meantime, Doom has assumed leadership of his home country, dominates the science and tech field, and the secret of Kamar Taj. Bonus points if "Latveria" is the new name for Sokovia.
    Excellent idea, I would make it in the early 80's and have Reed and Sue be friends of Hank and Janet (well, maybe more Janet because Hank...), the Sokovia/latveria part is a great!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

After 2 alien invasions in 6 years, the US government kicks starts its space program into overdrive. The name F4 will be the nickname given by the media of the 4 people testing some new technology or conducting some space operation that goes wrong. Boom, their entire origin done in the first 5 minutes before the opening credits rolls.

Straight up adaptation of the Ultimate version of them created by Hitch and Bendis. Reed and Sue are members of a think tank. Thanks to the interference of Doom in a teleportation experiment, the four get their powers, along with Doom, on an unplanned trip through the Negative Zone. This sets up the Fantastic Four being around and familiar with current events in the MCU, the Doom rivalry with Reed and Annihilation down the road.

MCU is essentially the Ultimate Universe anyways.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-04-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Straight up adaptation of the Ultimate version of them created by Hitch and Bendis. Reed and Sue are members of a think tank. Thanks to the interference of Doom in a teleportation experiment, the four get their powers, along with Doom, on an unplanned trip through the Negative Zone. This sets up the Fantastic Four being around and familiar with current events in the MCU, the Doom rivalry with Reed and Annihilation down the road.

MCU is essentially the Ultimate Universe anyways.
    Yeah, that would work. I'm not even sure why it would be so hard to put them in the MCU in the first place. The MCU does origin stories all the time and the F4's is pretty straight forward.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Does Doom have cosmic ray powers? I know he does in the movies, but does he in Ultimate?

I'd like to see an ongoing TV series. but the budget issues would be very prohibitive. So that make me sad.

If they are to be brought into the movies again, I say bring one or two folks on as guest stars in an Avengers-adjacent film. Then do the FF film In Media Res, no elaborate origin, just straight into the action and main plot.

Oh, and have this be Adult FF. I don't relate to Teen Reed/The Maker and the arc into evil that he has. No thanks.

Give marvel's push to space in the movies with Thor ragnarok, The Guardians, and Thanos being the big badguy the idea that the FF feel the need to build a spaceship seems to fit as much now as it ever did.

Let them do that, let them have their experimental spaceship, one that will finally put humanity on the same level as the various cosmic threats they've met... then have it go wrong.

Also, keep Doom out of the first movie. He should have nothing to do with their origin and should be worth a credit scene teaser at the most.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Give marvel's push to space in the movies with Thor ragnarok, The Guardians, and Thanos being the big badguy the idea that the FF feel the need to build a spaceship seems to fit as much now as it ever did.

Let them do that, let them have their experimental spaceship, one that will finally put humanity on the same level as the various cosmic threats they've met... then have it go wrong.

Also, keep Doom out of the first movie. He should have nothing to do with their origin and should be worth a credit scene teaser at the most.
    Agreed, save Doom for later. The most I want from him in the first FF movie is just a Latveria name drop. That’s it.

I want Doom to be behind everything going forward into the next phase. But we dont know it till they have like a Usual suspects moments where everything clicks into place. Like you realize that all these random.
    skirmishes in Solo films were all orchestrated even if the villian didnt know to further Dooms goal. I cant give you specifics because I'm not a writer but Yea Doom should be behind everything and only a side character before his reveal mastermind reveal. Maybe F4 goes to him for help and Reed and him argue and Susan stays behind and get him to give them what they need. But dont use him as the actual villian. Latveria and Doom can play a role but yea dont make him the antagonist until the big leading Into the next phase version of Infinity war. AVENGERS 5 or 6 or maybe they call it new avengers and start from 1. But dont rush it,.

As for the actual F4 skip the origin or do it in the credits like Incredible Hulk dont spend any time on it. Just let the credit explain why they were in space when they got they're powers. Dont wsnt them being from the past. Now I dont care what race anyone is. Just make Sue and Johnny the same race is all I'm saying lol. Ben is Jewish so maybe dont bend him but **** make Reed anything you want, Black,Asian,latino dont matter. Not important to his character. That said I won't be mad if they cast comic accurate and they are all white, that's fine too. John Krawsinski(?) and his wife Emily Blunt are still my Reed and Sue dream casting. Thing just cast someone with the voice for it and make him quality CGI not that clay mation ugly rock looking **** from F4ntastic 4. Thing is already a great design dont try to make him look more monstrous. The original 2 mvoies got it right. They made the suit look as much like comic Thing as you can without CGI.

They were Shield Think tank agents in the 60s. Reed and Sue were genius's in their own field's, Johnny is a mechanical engineer working with Reed thanks to Sues influence. Ben is their NASA Liason since its a joint project. They open a portal to the Negative Zone to enter it and map it for resources to aid in the cold war which Shield suspect is being manipulated by Hydra. The portal fails however after they enter it and closes.

60 years later it reopens and the Fantastic 4 arrive, only 3 years have passed in the Negative Zone and the four have had many adventures and gotten used to their powers. They have to reacclimatise to a world in advance of what they were expecting, but backwards compared to some of the civilisations they've encountered. Annihilus manages to tear open a hole from the Negative Zone using a trail created by Reed. The four battle, defeat then banish him back and become celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Basically, I'd do what they did with Spider-man Homecoming and have them get their powers offscreen. They were active in the time between End-game and whenever the first film is. Their origin gets recapped in the first few minutes of their film and we are off to the races (so to speak). They become unintentional celebreties and the film deals with them fighting a version of the frightful four.

Another option is to have them take place in the 60s but get pushed forward into the 2020s due to the cosmic radiation technobabble. Moviebob did a whole pitch that i'd recommend.
    I think they should be from the 60's and they get their powers from the radiation, etc, on a hunt for the negative zone...they get their powers and disappear. Rather than come back to earth in the 60's with superpowers..they get their powers and are sucked into the negative zone or maybe the quantum realm we've been introduced to...maybe the negative zone even exists as a pocket of that realm.

They are pulled out of this in the after effects of the Infinity War. They haven't aged - but come out fully powered. In a world where maybe we just lost some big-time heroes in End Game....the public adores these new heroes and they become the pseudo-celebs they are in the comics and so on.....

I am not even sure if I'd intro Dr. Doom right off the bat...make it something where they - in their travels thru these various pockets of the quantum realm - got the attention of ANNIHILUS - who is of a species that lived in the negative zone. Maybe see they had a conflict at some point and he follows them to earth through whatever event frees the FF from the zone, allowing them to come back to earth.

So FF would be an origin story (more of a "return" story...with a quickly told origin) and the antagonist is Annihilus.

Mid-credit scene - we see the Silver Surfer simply orbiting the earth...he says nothing...flies away. (Setting up the eventual arrival of Galactus as our next potential Thanos-level threat).

Post-credit scene will be our fist glimpse of Doom....I can't decide if he should be older or if he is also somehow de-aged, etc. Maybe he was able to copy the super soldier serum (since the movie audience is familiar with this...it's easy to sell it quickly without a ton of backstory)...but with a flaw that ravaged his appearance, though kept him roughly the same age (this way he's not like 80 years old....he's still the same age as Reed, etc). We can then keep intact the college rivalry, etc, with he and Reed and the history with Ben as well (so Ben can constantly call him "Vic" and chide him like he does in the comics...because they have that college history where Ben was the jock and Doom the "nerd").

Movie 2 would be more Doom centric (with Galactus more of a long-game type of thing) and maybe you intro Namor.

I either want full-on 1960s, they get sucked into the N-Zone or they left the 1960s to go chase Kang through time and nobody remembers why they don't remember them.

My only other wish is that DOOM gets to setup shop before they show back up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium