Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Think its more likely to have Doom having manipulated Loki into doing all the things he did that contributed to Thor getting banished. Tricking Odin directly seems like a bit much. And you can connect him to Cap by having him be the one that turned Sheild onto his location when they thawed him out. Maybe leave time travel out of it. But yea he coulda tamepred with Bruce's experiment. In the MCU it wasnt RICK Jones vault it was Bruce's. Maybe just make Doom having tampered with it. He also coulda been involved in what was happening at Pegasus base. Dont wanna say more cause CM still out
    Well, that and my whole scenario was meant as a joke.
    Power with Girl is better.

Here is a nice conspiracy theory. We all know Marvel were technically not allowed to work with anyone in Fox but there would be nothing stopping them working on their own version of a Fantastic Four story for years. So maybe they hid it under a separate project name called The Eternals. Most of the rumours of that movie could still be true, without some key characters and obviously the real name of the movie Fantastic Four: The Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Most of the rumours of that movie could still be true, without some key characters and obviously the real name of the movie Fantastic Four: The Eternals.
    Gay Johnny Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gay Johnny Storm?
    Is that even a rumour? Or just a weird theory.

Is that even a rumour? Or just a weird theory.
    Not sure the origin, but Feige or someone was caught on tape saying they were looking for a gay actor to play a gay lead character in Eternals.

I never believed Eternals was ever going to happen, and that it was code for a ultra secret Marvel production. FF being made before the ink was dry with Fox qualifies as ultra secret. Gay lead character would mean Johnny is getting another significant minority retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Not sure the origin, but Feige or someone was caught on tape saying they were looking for a gay actor to play a gay lead character in Eternals.

I never believed Eternals was ever going to happen, and that it was code for a ultra secret Marvel production. FF being made before the ink was dry with Fox qualifies as ultra secret. Gay lead character would mean Johnny is getting another significant minority retcon.
    It could work.

If they make anybody change orientation, let it be Ben. That would go against type IMHO.

But Iceman and Human Torch together in the MCU ... hmm ... I change my mind.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Here is a nice conspiracy theory. We all know Marvel were technically not allowed to work with anyone in Fox but there would be nothing stopping them working on their own version of a Fantastic Four story for years. So maybe they hid it under a separate project name called The Eternals. Most of the rumours of that movie could still be true, without some key characters and obviously the real name of the movie Fantastic Four: The Eternals.
    Never even thought about that but honestly with how popular Thanos has become I can see a legit Eternals movie being they're intention

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Never even thought about that but honestly with how popular Thanos has become I can see a legit Eternals movie being they're intention
    Don’t give me sensible reasoning, I am building a conspiracy theory here!

Honestly, an Eternals movie sounds like the most misguided idea in the history of superhero cinema, but I did say pretty much the same thing about Guardians, so who am I to judge.

Don’t give me sensible reasoning, I am building a conspiracy theory here!

Honestly, an Eternals movie sounds like the most misguided idea in the history of superhero cinema, but I did say pretty much the same thing about Guardians, so who am I to judge.
    Lol you change up everything and make Thanos a side character or atleast have a presence I think it makes money. If endgame lives up to the hype I only see his popularity going up but then you kinda hijack the Eternal story with a Thanos Origin which might noy be they're intentions. So yea I have no idea but I'd love a F4 movie over Eternals but I'll take both

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd go full-on space race and start them the year they were created, 1961. Things would go beat for beat per their first appearance until they crash land back on Earth. It would still be Earth and still be 1961 and they still would land just after getting their powers, but it would be an entirely different alternate dimension Earth. Soon, they become heroes there and after some time they use their technology to travel throughout time and other alternate dimensions, becoming legendary figures throughout the multiverse. Eventually they decide it's time to return home, but instead of arriving back in 1961, they arrive shortly after Endgame.

The effects of time travel would have kept them relatively youthful, which would only serve to enrage the sovereign ruler of Latveria even more, an old college rival named Victor Von Doom.
    I quiet like this one!

My pet theory involves parallel universes as well.

The first movie will be set in 1963, two years after the FF got their powers. They are already celebrities and heroes. The thrust of the movie will be the Four taking on the Puppet Master. It will be a total retro superhero movie, from straight out of the pages of early Lee/Kirby issues. Other villains from the early stories will also make appearances, like the Mole Man and the Mad Thinker, among others. There would be a conspicuous absence of any other MCU characters or elements. Maybe a reference to Captain America being the long-lost hero of WW2 perhaps or a mention of Stark Industries. But the post-credits scene, as a kind of nod to the very first MCU post-credit scene, would have the FF meet Nick Fury who is...a white man, modelled after the original Fury of the comics!

The second movie would ostensibly be set in 1968, around the time of Sue and Reed having a child. The first half of the movie would involve them fighting Dr. Doom, who's in his classic Silver Age evil despot phase. However, the Four, and Doom, start experiencing strange glithches in reality and feelings of deja vu. They soon find themselves thrust into a host of alternate realities, featuring different versions of classic Marvel characters, and maybe characters from old pre-MCU films as well. We could get new actors playing a 60's style version of the classic Avengers. Or Tobey Maguire as an older Spider-Man. Maybe Deadpool randomly shows up at one point! Anyway...it turns out that the FF have been stuck in a pocket universe. They were once part of the MCU as we know it...having become heroes back in the 60's. But Franklin Richards, Reed and Sue's son, manipulated reality, trapping his family in another universe and getting them to replay their old heroic glory days. It turns out that Franklin was subsconciously protecting his family from the coming of a great threat - could be Galactus or Annihilus. In any case, in the aftermath, the FF are reinserted into the MCU timeline, from which they had disappeared in 2005 (see what I did there!)...coming back to a world they have only vague memories of, and which has largely forgotten them but which welcomes them with open arms once they manage to stop whatever threat was manifesting. The film ends with Sue giving birth to Franklin and the team being determined to ensure that this iteration of him doesn't lose control, while they work to re-establish their lives in the reality they once called home.

BANNED

I love it! This is a conspiracy theory I can get behind.

There's two things, IMO, this movie has to do. 1. No redux of how they got their powers - Homecoming showed that isn't necessary anymore, and I think everyone is tired of origin stories. 2. The kids! We can't have a third go at the Fanstastic Four family and Doctor Doom doing battle. The kids are that something different which Marvel needs going forward. I'd make them a bit older, sort of Harry Potter age so the movie can go to those darker (not grimdark) places, but young enough to keep the family dynamic, which Marvel has show it can do a la Guardians of the Galaxy.

This property is what I am most excited for going forward. I feel like I am totally over the X-Men, and I don't care what Feige does with them. I have no interest in seeing Dark Phoenix, which is a shame because traditionally they were by far my favourite. I think I'm tired of seeing the same characters do the same thing.

BANNED

Just keep it organic, make the story fit naturally into the MCY. Don't try to twist the MCU up into knots to try to make the comics stories fit somehow into into a different contort the movies have established. Just have them be current people, have an accident, get powers, and do stuff. Don't over complicate with time travel and dimension hopping and make a ridiculous and unnecessary story about how they were originally a product of the 60s. That brings no value.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    I love it! This is a conspiracy theory I can get behind.

There's two things, IMO, this movie has to do. 1. No redux of how they got their powers - Homecoming showed that isn't necessary anymore, and I think everyone is tired of origin stories. 2. The kids! We can't have a third go at the Fanstastic Four family and Doctor Doom doing battle. The kids are that something different which Marvel needs going forward. I'd make them a bit older, sort of Harry Potter age so the movie can go to those darker (not grimdark) places, but young enough to keep the family dynamic, which Marvel has show it can do a la Guardians of the Galaxy.

This property is what I am most excited for going forward. I feel like I am totally over the X-Men, and I don't care what Feige does with them. I have no interest in seeing Dark Phoenix, which is a shame because traditionally they were by far my favourite. I think I'm tired of seeing the same characters do the same thing.
    There have been dozens of times the comics have done strange things and then months later we see the same decisions made in the MCU. Some suggest that they are not coincidental, but that movie development has pushed the comics that way. So the recent aging of the kid could be a hint that this will come about.

This was very evident with Black Panther, where we know some early choices were movie choices, like the costume and art choices.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-20-2019 at 06:23 AM.

I don't like the 60s thing and I don't want another origin film.

The FF can be set up in the present with no issue, while the 60s origin brings up many questions. It's also based on the idea that the 60s is the only era they work in which is false.

Have their origin explained in the first 5 minutes the get to the good part which is the crazy adventures. Their origin is the least important thing about them, it's just a way to give them powers.

The Fox films never went into the adventure/exploration and that's part of why they failed. The Fantastic Four are super-powered adventurers, that should always be remembered when making their film.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-20-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!