Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The 2005 movie with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba also did the origin story in space. It was altered a little by having them bombarded on a space station instead of a space craft but it is essentially the 616 origin, as well.
    My bad I meant 2005 not 1994. But it is about 14 years since that movie and it will probably be another 3 or 4 years before Marvel makes an FF. So it will be 17 or 18 years since a proper telling of the FF origin. I wouldn't mind them using another story but I am perfectly fine with them telling the origin again and establishing the FF properly in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

The thing they shouldn’t do is combine the origin with Doom’s. Then it might feel like the previous versions. But there is nothing intrinsic about Doom that makes their origin work. Sure, Reed and Victor are foils, and the natural way to highlight his character is through Reed’s dark mirror reflection, but maybe that isn’t the way to introduce four characters anyway. One could just as easily make Sue the main protagonist. That might even make more sense.
    I was just about to rant about that I don't know why Fox kept tacking on Doom to origin and jacking up his design. I don't know why they thought they had to fix "Dr. Doom". He works just respect the source material I am happy comic book movies are out that era where studios don't believe in the source material.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-21-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I was just about to rant about that I don't know why Fox kept tacking on Doom to origin and jacking up his design. I don't know why they thought they had to fix "Dr. Doom". He works just respect the source material I am happy comic book movies are out that era where studios don't believe in the source material.
    I think he works so well they should just do his story as a villain film. Not F4 v Doom, just Doom!

BANNED

Here's a possibility. Don't start with the FF, start with Doom. Bring him in as a side plot in 2 or 3 movies gaining political power to ultimately a dictatorship in Sokovia (rather than Latvia), filling the political and cultural void left over from Age of Ultron. This ultimately leads to an FF film where they have a proper origin that makes sense in the current MCU and does not directly involve Doom himself, but resolves the plot points already laid. This also minimizes the need to do two origin stories in one film, for the hero and villain.