Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Why the 60s though?
    For me it's because that's when the F4 is at their best. I have a bootleg of the old F4 cartoon from the '60s and that captures my imagination in a way no comic F4 story ever has (with the notable exception of the Lee/Kirby stories they were based on, of course ).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The irony is they were going to CGI it but Michael Chiklis said he wouldn't even do it if they did that and that they had to put him in the appliances even though it was tough for him which I think was a good call at the time but with the CGI and budget they have now, they could make a CGI Thing look totally believable.

I do like the idea of the FF being from the early 1960s and getting shunted through time but that's nostalgia so they are really the original FF with the social attitudes and so on of the original FF. I find it very unlikely that the MCU will really do it that way. Of course, it would allow for Dr. Doom to have been secretly in the background all of this time, probably using anti-aging science.

But even if their origin is modern, I almost picture Doom with some rant about how all the heroes he wanted eliminated have been eliminated after he manipulated the situation so that Thanos would be eliminated though I find it more likely Doom will rise in the aftermath of all of that to emerge as THE major threat.

I think the most practical is to have the origin of the FF be a few minutes at the start of the movie though a time travel fish out of water story could be great.
    If they do the 60s Doom can be using the same dark magic that the ancient one was using to stay young. Hope they don't take Dooms magic away he should have a power set equal to a merger of Ironman and Dr strange with the mind of Reed
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-07-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hope they don't take Dooms magic away he should have a power set equal to a merger of Ironman and Dr strange with the mind of Reed
    Which would be ideal if the second big universe event is Secret Wars.

If they do the 60s Doom can be using the same dark magic that the ancient one was using to stay young. Hope they don't take Dooms magic away he should have a power set equal to a merger of Ironman and Dr strange with the mind of Reed
    Or he and the FF could enter a realm where time works differently or exists outside of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Or he and the FF could enter a realm where time works differently or exists outside of time.
    I rather him having been in the background this entire time gathering power and making moves behind the scenes. You can even tie him to events from past movies.

Mighty Member

Anyone remember the Fantastic Four fighting Gladiator when he thought that they were Skrulls? It lead to a fantastic fight between them that got even more nuts when members of the X-Men and Avengers showed up and started fighting Gladiator. Eventually, it's revealed that the X-Men are the Skrulls who Gladiator were actually tracking, but the FF still have to subdue Gladiator because he still believes that they are the Skrulls.

What about adapting this story where the Fantastic Four make their first public appearance and soon after, Captain Marvel goes after them because she has intel that they are Skrulls, only for members of the Avengers to butt in and start fighting Captain Marvel, the FF, and each other. It would be like the airport scene in Civil War in the middle of New York City of heroes versus heroes and no one knowing what the hell is going on until one of the Avengers is accidently killed and revealed to be a Skrull. The FF finally manage to subdue Captain Marvel by teaming with Black Panther (or Cap if he's still alive after Endgame) and the rest of the Skrulls are defeated by the FF and human Avengers. The end credits scene can show that this is the Skrulls first attempt to infiltrate the heroes, possibly setting up Secret Invasion in future movies.

Mighty Member

Even better thought for the end credits scene. The Skrulls lament that their first attempt to infiltrate the heroes has gone wrong, but are satisfied that they can competently mimic the heroes enough to fool the other heroes and feel confident that eventually they will rule the planet.

That's when someone behind them says, "You think you are worthy enough to rule this planet?"

Suddenly the Skrulls are ruthlessly and efficiently killed. The final one pleads for mercy and is grabbed by an armored fist. The camera pans up to reveal Dr. Doom holding the Skrull who disintegrates in his grasp while Doom states, "The only one worthy enough to rule this planet is Doom."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

In 1963 four NASA astronauts vanish.

Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben resurface in 2019 or whatever after making contact with the Silver Surfer. I'd only use the Surfer sparingly at first, so he seems almost mythical. I'd honestly steer away from a big bad villain and instead just show the F4 readjusting to life and each other, along with glimpses of what they experienced in negative space. Doom would be introduced but would not be a big bad guy.

I would like to see it have a little more meat to it than something like GotG. I'm kind of tired of the 3 act superhero play, as I've felt the films and what they can accomplish cinematically is out growing that formula. I'd like to see the interpersonal relationships of the Fantastic Four and the weird, dangerous adventures they go on. Dr. Doom is too good a adversary for a big CGI punch up in the final 15 minutes. He should be allowed to develop and be a part of the cast. Galactus is too abstract and compelling for a boss battle, he needs to be shown as more an intellectual adversary. No colored rocks to stop him with. The Mole Men want to be recognized as underdwellers. And so on and so on.

Done right the F4 can explore a lot of thematic material, and done so using 4 really optimistic and hopeful individuals from the Apollo program who have gone through literal recalibration of their cells and being.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-08-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    In 1963 four NASA astronauts vanish.

Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben resurface in 2019 or whatever after making contact with the Silver Surfer. I'd only use the Surfer sparingly at first, so he seems almost mythical. I'd honestly steer away from a big bad villain and instead just show the F4 readjusting to life and each other, along with glimpses of what they experienced in negative space. Doom would be introduced but would not be a big bad guy.

I would like to see it have a little more meat to it than something like GotG. I'm kind of tired of the 3 act superhero play, as I've felt the films and what they can accomplish cinematically is out growing that formula. I'd like to see the interpersonal relationships of the Fantastic Four and the weird, dangerous adventures they go on. Dr. Doom is too good a adversary for a big CGI punch up in the final 15 minutes. He should be allowed to develop and be a part of the cast. Galactus is too abstract and compelling for a boss battle, he needs to be shown as more an intellectual adversary. No colored rocks to stop him with. The Mole Men want to be recognized as underdwellers. And so on and so on.

Done right the F4 can explore a lot of thematic material, and done so using 4 really optimistic and hopeful individuals from the Apollo program who have gone through literal recalibration of their cells and being.
    An interesting take, I must say.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=M68ndaZSKa8

The "No Capes" scene from "The Incredibles". Even just as a joke, I'd love to see a scene like that where Doom explains that he was really behind everything that has happened in the MCU.

"And then Doom suggested to Obadiah Stane that he try to kill Tony Stark but Doom also worked with the terrorists and suggested what equipment they have in that cave. Doom also whispered some ideas to Bruce Banner about his experiments and suggested to Odin that Thor was kind of immature. Admittedly, Captain America was before Doom's time so Doom had to invent time travel to get the Red Skull out of his way. And all of this so the Avengers would form and defeat Thanos for Doom. Doom well remembers sitting around with Howard and Peggy and suggesting calling it S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of S.W.O.R.D."
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The last thing I want is another Time Travel origin. They just did that with Captain Marvel so I really doubt they are going to pull that card again anyway. I would be more than happy with something along the lines of the Ultimate U origin and not the straight up rocket into cosmic rays original.

They work for the government in research. Sue and Reed are both 30 something scientists with Major Ben Grimm as head of their security and childhood friend of Reed. Johnny is Sue's social media personality younger brother who is there visiting. They open a portal to the Negative Zone and get sucked in which gives them their powers. They spend most of the movie trying to get home while dealing with forces of Annihilus led by his chief general Blastaar. They escape in the end but have now revealed the other universe to Annihilus who becomes obsessed with it.

In the post credit scene you see Latveria and Victor Von Doom (already with his scars) working on reverse enginering hunks of old Iron Man armor starting to create his own armor.

Lost In Space/Rick & Morty scenario could be workable.

As they blast off to meet their fate with the cosmic rays, they get blown off course only to land in the infinite parallel MCU universe. Everything's the same except all these costumed weirdoes clogging up NYC. The original MCU four end up...wherever. So not time travel but another parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=M68ndaZSKa8

The "No Capes" scene from "The Incredibles". Even just as a joke, I'd love to see a scene like that where Doom explains that he was really behind everything that has happened in the MCU.

"And then Doom suggested to Obadiah Stane that he try to kill Tony Stark but Doom also worked with the terrorists and suggested what equipment they have in that cave. Doom also whispered some ideas to Bruce Banner about his experiments and suggested to Odin that Thor was kind of immature. Admittedly, Captain America was before Doom's time so Doom had to invent time travel to get the Red Skull out of his way. And all of this so the Avengers would form and defeat Thanos for Doom. Doom well remembers sitting around with Howard and Peggy and suggesting calling it S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of S.W.O.R.D."
    Think its more likely to have Doom having manipulated Loki into doing all the things he did that contributed to Thor getting banished. Tricking Odin directly seems like a bit much. And you can connect him to Cap by having him be the one that turned Sheild onto his location when they thawed him out. Maybe leave time travel out of it. But yea he coulda tamepred with Bruce's experiment. In the MCU it wasnt RICK Jones vault it was Bruce's. Maybe just make Doom having tampered with it. He also coulda been involved in what was happening at Pegasus base. Dont wanna say more cause CM still out

Think its more likely to have Doom having manipulated Loki into doing all the things he did that contributed to Thor getting banished.
    Thanos manipulated Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Thanos manipulated Loki.
    Thanos didnt even know Loki at that stage. Were talking about Thor1 when Thor got Banished. Thanos didnt get ahold of Loki till he fell off the rainbow bridge at the end of Thor