Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default UNDER-RATED movies you love but everyone else hates ?

Predator 2

Dredd (2012)

Life (Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence . 1999)

and YOU? I'll discuss these further if you want...

One guy's take...

Dredd doesn't seem like it is a film that folks "Hate". Was nowhere near big enough to be a textbook Hollywood blockbuster? Sure. That said, the film has it's fans.

Edit: Come to think of it, I feel that way about quite a few films. That "Hated" is probably an overstatement(if not an incorrect way of stating it).
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-05-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dredd doesn't seem like it is a film that folks "Hate". Was nowhere near big enough to be a textbook Hollywood blockbuster? Sure. That said, the film has it's fans.
    This. Dredd didn't make money, but it has garnered acclaim and has a passionate fanbase. I don't see many people running the film down or passionately hating it. Most of the people who saw it thought it was good, but there just weren't enough people who actually cared enough to see it.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is a film many people genuinely dislike or hate; I get why they don't like it as it abandons the French romances in favour of restoring Arthur to his original starring role, complete with Guy Richie's rather anachronistic gangster stylings, however... I really quite enjoy it. There are things there that I could do without (he really should have left the giant cgi war-elephants to Lord of the Rings, and Arthur's final fight against Jude Law was too computer-game-cut-scene to be exciting), but on the whole I like it.

The Amazing Spider-Man Lots of people seem to hate this re-boot, but for me it is my favourite. It's not perfect, it's downright clunky in places, but it's the closest films have come to giving me the Spider-Man I love. And Garfield and Stone have the kind of chemistry needed to make the romance work for me, rather than feeling like a box-ticking exercise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see any hate for Dredd. Being a flop don't mean people hated it.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

All 3 Star Wars prequels.

Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick)

Pain and Gain

Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Most people do not hate either of those movies.

Sahara, the Clive Cussler adaptation with Matthew McConaghy and Steve Zahn.
    Joe Vs the Volcano with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

Extraordinary Member

Pluto Nash
    Killing Gunther

Incredible Member

Spiderman 3
    Daredevil
    The first Amazing Spiderman
    Quantum of Solace

Avatar, the world at large loved it, but bring it up on a forum like this....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    The first Amazing Spiderman
    I don't think it is hated. Most people I have talked to actually liked it and thought Garfield was a good Peter. The Amazing Spiderman 2 on the other hand is pretty hated because it was just a garbage movie and killed the franchise again until Marvel stepped in.

Ninja Assassin
    Punisher: War Zone
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    All 3 Star Wars prequels.

Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick)

Pain and Gain

Justice League
    Huh. Thought I would be the only one to mention that. When the first one came out, I enjoyed it. And when it came out on VHS (I still have a whole bunch of those), I watched it almost daily.

Another old one, Space Jam. I watched it for Looney Toons hi-jinks and enjoyed it.

Super Mario Bros. If Thesauruses had pictures it would have a full page spread in the antonyms section for "classic" or "great" to be sure...and I know the actors involved hated it...but darn it its so mesmerizing for some reason.

Legend. Yep the 1986 Tom Cruise, Mia Sara movie that also starred Tim Curry as basically the Devil. Though as I got older and the net got more widespread I discovered there was something of a cult following for the movie, and a sort of...schism, I guess, between the US soundtrack (Tangerine Dream) and the European Soundtrack (Jerry Goldsmith). I'll always prefer the FORMER, as the movie itself was such a product of its time and a thoroughly 80s-esque synth soundtrack compliments that.

Masters of the Universe. This is a weird one cause again like Legend there's a cult following for it, plus the consensus today is "bad but Langella stole the show as Skeletor". Plus the score which is a weird Star Wars/Superman amalgam. But I liked it even as a kid.

Howard the Duck

Predator 2, though most of the complaints I hear is its not as good as the Arnie version.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

It's Pat

Spider-Man 3

Is Eddie Murphy's "The Golden Child" hated? I remember seeing that in theaters. Loved it then love it now but its rarely talked about. "Give me the knife! Please!" "Brother Nombsie!"

Pootie Tang. So ridiculous, so good, so quotable. RIP Reg E. Cathey (Dirty Dee).

Fantastic Four, or I guess stylized as Fant4stic.

Ang Lee's Hulk

Daredevil (Director's Cut)

Elektra, I just wish they added back in Matt's cameo (its a deleted scene). Interestingly enough it made a killing on pay-per-view at the time.

The Crow 2 and 3, subtitled City of Angels and Salvation respectively.

I could be here all day. lol But those are off the top of my head. Ah, Highlander 3 and the out of print THEATRICAL version of Highlander: Endgame with the not so happy yet more fitting ending.

Spider-Man 3
    Batman vs Superman
    Solo

Guess those are the three biggies, especially tailored for this forum

Most of my others fall into the category of "I loved them, but hardly anyone went and saw them"
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.