Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Wolverine
    This is my choice as well. Why the hell they made the Silver Samurai a giant mech suit instead of the immensely more palatable option of a warrior in adamantium-laced armor is beyond me. It would have been more intense and entertaining to see Logan struggle to heal from a thousand sword cuts. Not to mention, in the source material, he initially has his ass kicked by martial arts.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Iron Man. Not really ruined but a very mediocre ending to an otherwise excellent movie. The ending is just as forgettable as Wonder Woman's if not more so.
    One of my pet peeves. Too many Superhero movies have the final battle at night. Always a let down.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Man of Steel

Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What do you mean stop without an ending. I mean none of them are final cause theres always more coming but the specific story usually ends. So curious what you mean all stop without a ending
    I find the one thing most people care about with Marvel movies are the mid credit and post-credit scenes, they're more interested in what the next big thing is, the movie they've spent hours watching becomes nothing more than a back issue they've forgotten about as soon as they put it down and chat about it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Wolverine
    My choice too. It was going along so good for those first 2/3, and then it just all falls apart with the usual Fox movie dumbness. Viper and the Silver Samurai are such a cool characters and to see them both butchered the way they were in this movie just pissed me off. Why they thought a giant mech was better than a man in a suit giving Wolverine a real fight is beyond me. That and Viper basically being a throwaway character with no actual development made it even worse.

In what Universe are people listing The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. Are you all serious right now. If someone said the Dark Knight Rises I'd understand because lets face it after Bane broke his back the film should have ended, but the other 2? Bad third acts? This is what is wrong with society.

Films that actually fit the OP's description:
    Wonder Woman
    Ironman
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Ironman 3
    Star Wars The Last Jedi
    The J-man

My choice is Fantastic Four reboot. You can tell where their cool pitch idea ran out fantastic four origin as sci fi horror.It was a cool idea.If you watch the movie right up to where they get their powers they executed their plan.

Then movie goes of rails in spectacular fashion that you don't remember that hey this was pretty good attempt at new spin on the FF.The next time it comes on FX watch until you see Thing.Then just turn off the movie you will go hey this wasn't that bad why did people hate this movie again. Then of course you will turn it back on you see the only had good plan for origin had no clue how to transition them to being the fantastic four super heroes. The military angle and Dr Doom stuff was just a huge failure.

Wolverine is also a failure we should have gotten a showdown with a bunch of ninjas then Silver Samurai. Instead Fox forced the director to go big cgi because it was a summer blockbuster.It is pretty sad because it wasn't the director idea to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One of my pet peeves. Too many Superhero movies have the final battle at night. Always a let down.
    I don't know what it is. I think the theory is special effects look better at night and maybe they want their final scene to look as best as possible... I mean that's the only thing I can come up with. The Avengers final scene is in broad daylight and it's essentially just y'know action schlock fighting and stuff but it's just incredible because it feels so big and I think making it in daylight in front of everyone adds something to it. Feels like a big event.

Lastly, the first Mission: Impossible, at least as far as the franchise is concerned though the rest of the series followed its lead. The first two acts were like the TV show -- not just intrigue, but the emphasis on pulling off a caper unnoticed (the iconic wire scene, for example). Tension and mystique abounds. But the third act threw all that out the speeding train window, and the clandestine spy format turned into something you just can't cover up. (ironically, better Mission: Impossible movies have come since then, but they betray the original formula so badly; and yet, I don't hold that against them in this thread because their 3rd acts are pretty good. The original movie just wasn't that thrilling in Act 3).
    I hate that they turned the main hero of two full shows evil just to make the new hero look good. That should have just killed him off. It would be better then what they did.

Shocked no one said explorers yet. Great fantasy goonies like film ruined by a awful ending and joking aliens.

Not a great movie but the ending of superman returns is---he picks up a rock. Ugh.

The 80s watcher in the woods had such a letdown ending they yanked it out of the movies and reshot a full new ending and put it back in the movies the following year!

Hated the special edition ending of army of darkness. The "makes it back to his dayjob" ending was a better ending to the series then that crappy "wip van winkle future cliffhanger" ending.

I don't know what it is. I think the theory is special effects look better at night and maybe they want their final scene to look as best as possible... I mean that's the only thing I can come up with. The Avengers final scene is in broad daylight and it's essentially just y'know action schlock fighting and stuff but it's just incredible because it feels so big and I think making it in daylight in front of everyone adds something to it. Feels like a big event.
    The thing about it is that in everyone of those night fight scene movies, their is a better action scene earlier that takes place in daylight.

Hulk; battle in the dessert
    Incredible Hulk; fight on campus
    Iron Man: Fight at terrorist camp
    Iron Man II; fight on race track
    Iron Man III; rescue on Air Force One
    Dr. Strange; Escher buildings battle
    Spider-Man Homecoming: Staten Island Ferry

And on and on
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Iron Man. Not really ruined but a very mediocre ending to an otherwise excellent movie. The ending is just as forgettable as Wonder Woman's if not more so.
    Was going to say that, Wonder Woman's climax at least had good character moments and was more about the emotions than the action. Iron Man's climax was just a waste that didn't build on any of the themes the movie had built up.

What’s special about the third act? Could be the end, could be the mid-section.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    What’s special about the third act? Could be the end, could be the mid-section.
    Because a bad middle section can be saved by a great final act. In fact the second act is often less interesting because it is building the story, rather than offering thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The thing about it is that in everyone of those night fight scene movies, their is a better action scene earlier that takes place in daylight.

Hulk; battle in the dessert
    Incredible Hulk; fight on campus
    Iron Man: Fight at terrorist camp
    Iron Man II; fight on race track
    Iron Man III; rescue on Air Force One
    Dr. Strange; Escher buildings battle
    Spider-Man Homecoming: Staten Island Ferry

And on and on
    The original Spider-Man back in 01 or 02 or whatever. The scene at the parade was more exiting than the final scenes. This has been going on forever!

Thinking about it, this does sort of go down in Lords Of Salem.