Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

IRA bombing threats, Life and Death Medical conditions, Fires, Religious Elves damn I take it back my bad times don't seem so bad anymore.

I think we all loose to IRA bombing threats.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    On a stinking hot afternoon in late February 1991 my older sister and I went into the city and saw Predator 2 . I had seen the movie a couple of times and was taking delight in seeing my sister cover her eyes at the sight and sound of the predator. Ten minutes into the movie the film was stopped and the audience was told to evacuate the theatre. The police briefly questioned me as I was leaving about a large bag I left with the staff at the box office. Apparently the theatre had received bomb threats from some idiot...

A few months later we saw Awakenings at an old suburban movie theatre. In the big scene where the patients wake up from their comas the focus was blurry! Does that still happen with digital cinema?

Have YOU had worse incidents than this?
    offhand, I do remember heading to a theater to see the Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie, but there was a terrible rainstorm and the power went out about 25 minutes into the movie. Whole theater got shut down, and everyone got vouchers for a free movie.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

One of those Twilight Movies. Forgot which one.

I was on a date and the movie was bored me to hell. Jacob takes off his shirt and all the females were cheering.

I get up and start declaring, "Is that what we are? Pieces of meat?! We're not objects!"

All I got were laughs and boos.

And I didn't get a second date.

Astonishing Member

Was watching Wing Commander in the late 90's. It wasn't a good film. But with 15 minutes go to the machine broke. They couldn't show us the last 15 minutes without starting from the very beginning. So we had to choose between vouchers or watching the entire movie again.

The movie was so bad it wasn't worth seeing again but I never found out how it ended until the advent of YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    IRA bombing threats, Life and Death Medical conditions, Fires, Religious Elves damn I take it back my bad times don't seem so bad anymore.
    Yup now I feel like a bitch for complaining that I had heartburn during Thor 2.

Side not when I saw the first Deadpool movie there was atleast 10 small children there. A couple parent took they're kids out 10mins into the movie but most the kids stayed and wouldnt shut up. So it was a double whammy of questionable parenting. They took toddlers to see Deadpool and then acted like it was ok they're kids wouldnt stop talking during the movie. One of them was talking loud enough I heard him from the opposite side of the theater. I only take my son to see movies I know he will sit through without talking. So Lego movies and Animated movies. Also I bribe him. If he stays quite the whole movie and whisper in my ear when he needs something I take him to the arcade afterward lol. That said when I see a kids movie it doesnt bother me if other kids talk I dont let my son but like Into the Spiderverse some of the charm was hearing little kids react to it. Hate when people shhhhhh a kid in a child's movie. Weirdly happens alot In Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    One of those Twilight Movies. Forgot which one.

I was on a date and the movie was bored me to hell. Jacob takes off his shirt and all the females were cheering.

I get up and start declaring, "Is that what we are? Pieces of meat?! We're not objects!"

All I got were laughs and boos.

And I didn't get a second date.
    Oh crap that reminds me when I was 6 or 7 my grandma took me and my cousin to see My favorite giant. Omg kept falling asleep and waking up and the movie was still going. My cousin who was 5 started crying because the movie was so boring and long. Havent seen it since so iono how long it actually is but felt like it 4hours long

Most recently, the first time I saw Aquaman. A mom and her kid, who happened to have Tourettes and something else, sat right next to me. Kid screamed and said stuff loudly during the entire movie at random but pretty frequent intervals. He obviously was into the film, and I felt sorry for the mom, so I gave them no grief. But that was BAD! I was even consuming alcohol the entire time and it didn't help

Earlier in my life, it was seeing this film called About Last Night with my two older sisters. This is the older 1986 one with Rob Lowe, Demi Moore and Jim Belushi. My sisters wanted to leave almost from the first moment, the first sex scene. I was underage and refused to leave, haha. But man that was awkward. Plus the movie really did suck!

My "almost worst" was seeing the original Avengers movie. We were late so had to sit in the very front row, bending our necks to look up the whole time. It worked out all right, there was just enough room between the row and the screen to see the whole thing barely. And it was kind of like being there, in the movie, you know? Anyhow in all honesty what turned it around for me was seeing Scarlet Johannsen's 40-foot tall ass in that tight leather right in front of me.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-06-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Oh yeah, the Justice League Movie definitely ranks there.

I loved the movie, but hated the crowd. Before the movie started, the projector had issues. You had one dad screaming on the phone saying "My son is crying"
    - Then tell the projector is being fixed and man up!

And another dad complaining that he paid a lot of money to see this movie
    - He was bigger than Jabba the Hut! He obviously had zero problems paying 3x for all the crap he was eating

I was pissed that their kids were more mature. My dad would have shut me me up or took me home if I misbehaved like that.

Two coworkers and myself went and caught a flick because we had a 4 hour break at work (it was a disaster recovery deal). We saw Shallow Hal for some reason and through the movie my one coworker was laughing so obnoxiously that it was embarrassing. Shallow Hal is one of those flicks that a person might chuckle a time or two, but this guy was laughing like it was the funniest movie ever made. Me and the other coworker was apologizing to people and telling them that he was mentally challenged and we were trying to keep him under control. Man he was pissed at us, but it was unreal how he laughed through that movie. It wasnt an act with him either. Never again.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Ang Lee’s Hulk was picking me and everyone else in the theater to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Two coworkers and myself went and caught a flick because we had a 4 hour break at work (it was a disaster recovery deal). We saw Shallow Hal for some reason and through the movie my one coworker was laughing so obnoxiously that it was embarrassing. Shallow Hal is one of those flicks that a person might chuckle a time or two, but this guy was laughing like it was the funniest movie ever made. Me and the other coworker was apologizing to people and telling them that he was mentally challenged and we were trying to keep him under control. Man he was pissed at us, but it was unreal how he laughed through that movie. It wasnt an act with him either. Never again.
    People were upset that he was enjoying a comedy movie more than they were?

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    There's a friend of mine who, if he doesn't like a movie, will sit there and repeatedly make comments under his breath. He's done this several times. When they did the remake of "The Wolfman", it was a movie I had been looking forward to and had long hoped there would be a remake. I also thought it was really good. But he sits there constantly making remarks under his breath and ruining it for me and he's the type of person that, no matter how obnoxious he gets, he'll blow his stack if you fire back. I'm pretty sure it was the last time I sat in a theater with him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Ang Lee’s Hulk was picking me and everyone else in the theater to sleep.
    I find it hard to believe it was really everybody- unless everyone was expecting a pure popcorn fest which would be understandable.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    On a stinking hot afternoon in late February 1991 my older sister and I went into the city and saw Predator 2 . I had seen the movie a couple of times and was taking delight in seeing my sister cover her eyes at the sight and sound of the predator. Ten minutes into the movie the film was stopped and the audience was told to evacuate the theatre. The police briefly questioned me as I was leaving about a large bag I left with the staff at the box office. Apparently the theatre had received bomb threats from some idiot...

A few months later we saw Awakenings at an old suburban movie theatre. In the big scene where the patients wake up from their comas the focus was blurry! Does that still happen with digital cinema?

Have YOU had worse incidents than this?
    Mine was also a bomb threat during February but it was freezing and I was in shorts with no car to hide in. Thankfully a classmate was there with her family and they had a blanket and we were able to go back in and watch the rest of the special edition of empire strikes back
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"