View Poll Results: You want a Wonder Mom?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me the Wonder Mom!

12 57.14%
  • No, I'll pass on any Wonder Kid thanks!

9 42.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be ruled out because the other two of the Trinity just so happens to have kids. Honestly? I'm kinda bummed she didn't have kids first.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be ruled out because the other two of the Trinity just so happens to have kids. Honestly? I'm kinda bummed she didn't have kids first.
    I'm not saying that and I don't think anyone else here is. Also, what exactly is the issue with her not having a child first?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not saying that and I don't think anyone else here is.
    I didn't say anyone else here is. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, what exactly is the issue with her not having a child first?
    None in particular. It just would've been a nice first for her, that's all.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I didn't say anyone else here is. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Well you did say that she shouldn't be ruled out as having a kid just because Superman and Batman already had children.

I think it would make an interesting story. Maybe taking Hunter from Justice League Rebirth, and altering the father to Steve (adopted, clay, or biological) over that dark ooze stuff, with Diana and Steve learning how to be parents of a young Amazon. Maybe go the fraternal twins route with Lyta Trevor, and the two getting into mischief. Both in Man's World and Themyscira. Eventually joining forces with Jon and Damian.

But it would need the right writer for it to be done properly, either way. Tomasi and Jurgens both did a good job with Jon and Damian throughout Rebirth.

I think it would be imperative that it was written by a mother. Gail Simone radically re-imagined the various scenes where Diana were birthed from clay that had been created by Marston and Pérez from something that was pure and idealised to something that was highly visceral.

And this needs to be two stories: the story of Diana as a mother, and the story of Diana's child. No way would I want to leave the story of Diana as a mother in the hands of a man.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Make Babies from Clay or adopt orphans
    Amazonium Metal Man-boy named Adamant. Pinnochio myth via Will Magnus "donor".

I don't know how WW having kids would work in the main continuity, it seems like a response from Superman and Batman who have kids of their own. Plus WW needs to build her relationship with Donna, Cass, etc.

I think it could work as an elseworld story, I would like to see Hunter Prince (re-imagined as the son of both WW and Steve Trevor), as the first born child or Hunter as the first born twin (with Lyta as the second-born) , it would be interesting to see what would the Amazons think about having a male who is second in the line of succession to the throne.