Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default How Are You Enjoying The Sandman Universe?

The imprint was launched in the late summer/fall of last year, and after it's conception I haven't seen a lot of discourse about it. I would like to know from readers of the various titles, what their thoughts are on this line of comic.

I've quite enjoyed them and they are among a handful of comics I am buying in print as single issues (I do more trades than single issues). House of Whispers and The Dreaming are the two strongest so far in my opinion, and Lucifer the weakest, but even it is still very good.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I read Books of Magic and the Dreaming and they are pretty good.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I can only afford to keep up with the Dreaming and Lucifer, but I greatly enjoy both. I fell behind and just caught up with all the issues this past weekend, and they were good reads.

My only issue with Lucifer is that I'm not sure if Carey's run is still canon within it. I know they are going for a continuity light approach, and it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but I'd prefer it if it was still canon. Mazikeen seems to have her messed up face back, I cannot recall if that was restored at the end of Carey, that seems to be the big red flag things are different.

I read Books of Magic (print), an old favorite, and The Dreaming (digital). I'm enjoying both of them.

I started reading both Lucifer and House of Whispers, but neither one really kept my interest. I might always go back and pick up the issues I haven't read from Comixology, if I feel motivated. It helps that in January, DC started taking 15% off their digital prices for Comixology Unlimited members...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I read Books of Magic and The Dreaming. I'm a bit behind on both but I've been really enjoying them, especially the Dreaming. It feels like old-school Vertigo in the best way possible.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.