Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfamily View Post
    what ? Is Conner Daddy ?? This is true???
    spoilers:
    yep. i posted the page on the DC subreddit
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    yep. i posted the page on the DC subreddit
    end of spoilers
    OH My God!! He's so young, but might have good stories about Young dad

Quote Originally Posted by Superfamily View Post
    OH My God!! He's so young, but might have good stories about Young dad
    I wonder how young he is though. spoilers:
    the issue seems to imply he went to Gem World prior to Flashpoint, and thus wasn't affected by it. So he's been living there through New 52 and Rebirth. He might be early to mid-20's.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    the issue seems to imply he went to Gem World prior to Flashpoint, and thus wasn't affected by it. So he's been living there through New 52 and Rebirth. He might be early to mid-20's.
    end of spoilers
    I need to read this book. Thank you, guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    end of spoilers
    Is it really implied?

It seems he has been trapped in Gemworld for some time, but I don't remember the Flashpoint is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Is it really implied?

It seems he has been trapped in Gemworld for some time, but I don't remember the Flashpoint is mentioned.
    That was the implication I got. It seems to build off the pre-flashpoint Lemire run and along with the idea that the people of Gem World apparently aware of the various Crises. Admittedly, we don't know how Tim and Bart know of Conner and whether he's just been missing in the post-Reborn, Rebirth timeline. Since if I remember correctly Tim didn't know Conner in the Rebirth Detective run. So that is just my read on things and a possible explanation for his continued apparent unaltered existence.

Has the New 52 version of Amethyst been completely retconned? Since it would kind of mess up what Bendis is trying to do if Gemworld was this place that didn't get impacted by Flashpoint where Conner was hiding or something.

I really enjoyed the Bart/Kon stuff at the beginning. I agree with the others, I would guess Kon is 18+ for sure. I thought the dialogue of the rest of the gang was a bit excessive at the end, but all in all another great issue. I really don't care about Gemworld one bit, but the return of these characters to their glory (hopefully) more than makes up for it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Has the New 52 version of Amethyst been completely retconned? Since it would kind of mess up what Bendis is trying to do if Gemworld was this place that didn't get impacted by Flashpoint where Conner was hiding or something.
    Who knows at this point, but that seems to be the best working assumption. Going by clues from Action Comics, the 7 crises were COIE, Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Flashpoint, Convergence, and Metal. Bendis has said that Gemworld was affected by these crises, but how we don't know. So maybe Amethyst of New 52 was undone by Convergence or Metal? In any case, it seems like Bart from the old continuity (pre-Flashpoint) managed to ride out the last few crises in the Speed Force while Connor from that timeline was on Gemworld and whatever happened let him survive with his memories intact. Expect vigorous waving of hands. We don't know how Cassie slipped through, maybe she was on Olympus or some such. But the big honking enchilada of a question is how this version of Tim, who seems to come from some alternate 2009 where we ended up with multiple Robins, managed to end up in Rebirth Metropolis.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Kon-El having a son of his own is genius.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if this new direction for Kon is a good idea but I amalways very intrigued by it and frankly, its a major improvement over whatever the New 52 was trying to achieve.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't know if this new direction for Kon is a good idea but I amalways very intrigued by it and frankly, its a major improvement over whatever the New 52 was trying to achieve.
    Its a creative and never been done angle for the character. We've had Reckless Fame lover Kon(Metropolis Kid), Angsty Kon(TT), Farmboy Kon(Resurrection), Suicidal Weapon Kon(N52) and Kon as Superman(I2).

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Its a creative and never been done angle for the character. We've had Reckless Fame lover Kon(Metropolis Kid), Angsty Kon(TT), Farmboy Kon(Resurrection), Suicidal Weapon Kon(N52) and Kon as Superman(I2).

Nice way to break the different versions of SB down.

BTW all of his preflashpoint history could be still in, Atleast for SB himself. It seems like after the lemire run in smallville, he is in his classroom and has a spark of his old kesel self and takes off, and gets thrown into gemworld BEFORE Flashpoint. That means before new 52 Kon and superman Reborn, which means to SB his history is preflashpoint, everyone else is post Flashpoint.

I loved that they combined the t-shirt and jeans with the leather jacket(with spikes BEFORE gemworld for some reason).

Nothing bendis does is forever so I wonder how SB will lose his family, and how much devastation he will bring down after he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    She died and I guess was then "not-dead" because of a subsequent crisis ? It hasn't been fully explained by Bendis how the peoples of Opal and Earth know about the Seven Crises.
    Maybe related to the fact that there are 7 gems giving energy to the big gems that worked as a portal shown in the issue?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, Bendis's game plan with Conner & Jon is becoming much more clear now. With most of the founding Young Justice crew now being aged ever so slightly into the 19/20ish range, Conner being a young father allows the 17ish Jon to take Conner's old role while the DC Ink books can carry on with the telling stories of Jon as a pre-teen with Damian in Super-Sons.

That seems like the best situation.

You've got Lois & Clark as the Mom & Dad perpetually in their late 30s/early 40s.

Kara seems to be firmly back in her mid-20s again as the big sister.

Conner as the big brother just starting his own family while Jon takes over as the teenager still learning the ropes.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Lana Lang & John Henry Irons soon as the cool aunt & uncle
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 03-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.