Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the first Crisis still happened then how would that explain Supergirl still being alive and younger?
    I suspect that the broad strokes of Supergirl's pre-Crisis existence will be reintegrated into DCU with her death and rebirth being treated similarly to Superman & Superboy's own. Maybe she'll even get a statue this time

Liked what Bendis did with Kon in this issue. I feel like this status quo has potential. But Bendis needs to start picking up the pace on this arc, I want to see YJ actually unite together.

Mr Bendis

Now this was a pretty dmn good chapter

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Nice way to break the different versions of SB down.

BTW all of his preflashpoint history could be still in, Atleast for SB himself. It seems like after the lemire run in smallville, he is in his classroom and has a spark of his old kesel self and takes off, and gets thrown into gemworld BEFORE Flashpoint. That means before new 52 Kon and superman Reborn, which means to SB his history is preflashpoint, everyone else is post Flashpoint.

I loved that they combined the t-shirt and jeans with the leather jacket(with spikes BEFORE gemworld for some reason).

Nothing bendis does is forever so I wonder how SB will lose his family, and how much devastation he will bring down after he does.
    Impulse is also Pre-Flashpoint...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, Bendis's game plan with Conner & Jon is becoming much more clear now. With most of the founding Young Justice crew now being aged ever so slightly into the 19/20ish range, Conner being a young father allows the 17ish Jon to take Conner's old role while the DC Ink books can carry on with the telling stories of Jon as a pre-teen with Damian in Super-Sons.

That seems like the best situation.

You've got Lois & Clark as the Mom & Dad perpetually in their late 30s/early 40s.

Kara seems to be firmly back in her mid-20s again as the big sister.

Conner as the big brother just starting his own family while Jon takes over as the teenager still learning the ropes.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Lana Lang & John Henry Irons soon as the cool aunt & uncle
    Aging up Jon to seventeen is still too much. The only reason to make him seventeen and practically an adult is to get him out from under Lois and Clark and write him out. And I'm not sure the Zoom line Super-Sons with young Jon and Damian can survive independent of the main continuity or if DC actually intends to even try to make it work. Jon should only have been aged up to thirteen (or fourteen if they intend to advance Damian a year to fourteen as some here think) and kept him younger than Damian and in the same age group and should be reversed to at least that age.

That being said its nice that Kon has a wife and kid, assuming this isn't some kind of fake out and they're not gone before we know it.

Kon93

As soon as he hits that new 52 fresh air things will change, every character has changed when they comeback(wally, superman, whoever else), so I'm waiting for his family to fade away right in front of his eyes.

I think him losing his family will send him into a more YJ kon mentality and into more black ops questionable missions, and hopefully a new look, but not lose the black and red S shield, leather jacket or fingerless gloves

I'm not familiar with Gem World, is the theory that the family could be imaginary based on something inherent to it or just speculation based on the fact that it's be such a drastic change for Conner?

Yeah, Bendis's game plan with Conner & Jon is becoming much more clear now. With most of the founding Young Justice crew now being aged ever so slightly into the 19/20ish range, Conner being a young father allows the 17ish Jon to take Conner's old role while the DC Ink books can carry on with the telling stories of Jon as a pre-teen with Damian in Super-Sons.

You've got Lois & Clark as the Mom & Dad perpetually in their late 30s/early 40s.

Conner as the big brother just starting his own family while Jon takes over as the teenager still learning the ropes.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Lana Lang & John Henry Irons soon as the cool aunt & uncle
    He wasn't kidding when he said he'd be bring together a Superfamily.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The wife and kid stinks of "for the man who has everything". And kon was marketed as a play boy.not a family man. I don't think it will last.

I could go either way. I could see this being a fake-out, but I could see it being real. Time will tell.

If this is a product of imagination or something, would I be reading too much into making a Cass Cain comparison in regards to his wife? Lots of Asian imagery. I probably am. But I always felt that dynamic was far superior than him and WG.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-07-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Didn't know the Yj team has been aged up. How old is Tim aged up to now and what issue is that?

Astonishing Member

I think it's real, how long it lasts is the question.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He wasn't kidding when he said he'd be bring together a Superfamily.
    It seems to be his overall theme for his books.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm not familiar with Gem World, is the theory that the family could be imaginary based on something inherent to it or just speculation based on the fact that it's be such a drastic change for Conner?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The wife and kid stinks of "for the man who has everything". And kon was marketed as a play boy.not a family man. I don't think it will last.

2nd post answers most of the 1st, plus gemworld is magical, those altogether are plenty of reasons to not see this being long term.

Bring on the TTK

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I could go either way. I could see this being a fake-out, but I could see it being real. Time will tell.

If this is a product of imagination or something, would I be reading too much into making a Cass Cain comparison in regards to his wife? Lots of Asian imagery. I probably am. But I always felt that dynamic was far superior than him and WG.
    What asian imagery? I didn't see any.