Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Kara's being written as a more seasoned heroine again, I'm just going to assume that's what she is now unless they say otherwise and chalk it up to the history reasserting itself since Kara first graduated from high school in the early Silver Age

Unless there's some value to her Pre-Crisis existence still being erased from everyone's memory, I don't see much point to sticking with it any longer. Supergirl died and came back to life, just like Superman died and came back to life and Superboy died and came back to life. She's been a 20-something on the TV show since the beginning, so the general perception of her is no longer as a teenager, but as a young woman.

Hell, for the vast majority of Kara's publication history, she's been over 18. The idea that she's a high school student in the current day is the outlier.

But for the fact you see her in high school, so all that is moot.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    But for the fact you see her in high school, so all that is moot.
    I'm not saying we didn't see her in high school. I'm simply stating that continuity is in flux at the moment and anything is possible. Hell, the exact details of Batman & Catwoman's first meeting is currently a running joke in King's Batman.

I'm not saying we didn't see her in high school. I'm simply stating that continuity is in flux at the moment and anything is possible. Hell, the exact details of Batman & Catwoman's first meeting is currently a running joke in King's Batman.
    She definitely morphed from a 16 year old into what is being portrayed as someone far closer to the CW version in her 20's now. Whatever age they want to say she is, she seems to be being written older. I expect it'll just be hand waved away, but it's noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    She definitely morphed from a 16 year old into what is being portrayed as someone far closer to the CW version in her 20's now. Whatever age they want to say she is, she seems to be being written older. I expect it'll just be hand waved away, but it's noticeable.
    It probably helps that the series wasn't exactly a sales bonanza when she was depicted as a high school student. This isn't to say Kara will sell better as a 20-something but there's literally no reason for DC to stick with the high school status quo at the moment.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The first issue seem to imply that Cassie was now college aged, which would be slightly older than she was before. I would guess that Tim, Connor, & Cassie are now in the 18/19ish range.

As for Bart? His age is screwy thanks to aging rapidly from an infant while being raised in VR, being aged up to an adult, dying, being resurrected as a teenager again, then erased from history, then coming back. So, he's whatever age that would be....5...16...21...?

Granted, Connor's age is also screwy, but biologically, he looks to be about 18/19ish now
    Oh okay. I thought you meant that it's been confirmed in story.
    I see Tim as 16 since that was his last confirmed in-story age. I don't like to assume.

Been enjoying this. Plays to Bendis' strengths.

Not happy with Conners wife and kid.

Thought I was a getting a Nu52-ish punk Superboy. Seems i'm just getting more of the same ol' shirt.

Giving it another 3 issues for now.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post

Thought I was a getting a Nu52-ish punk Superboy. Seems i'm just getting more of the same ol' shirt.

Itll take atleast 3 more issues just to get through these flashback issues for each character, maybe when the story unites into 1 straight line again it will be another 3 issues after that before they are running as a team

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Oh okay. I thought you meant that it's been confirmed in story.
    I see Tim as 16 since that was his last confirmed in-story age. I don't like to assume.
    I can totally understand being cautious about this stuff, but since the details of these things are so fluid in a continuity that is currently undergoing a revamp, I have no issue making wild guesses about where things are heading. DC hasn't tried this approach towards continuity since the 1950s/60s.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It probably helps that the series wasn't exactly a sales bonanza when she was depicted as a high school student. This isn't to say Kara will sell better as a 20-something but there's literally no reason for DC to stick with the high school status quo at the moment.
    They basically already dumped that status quo anyway once they had her ditch earth for space, yeah? They only thing left to do at this point is make it official.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post

I mean, I grew up punk as f*** and all my friends appear to be married with kids now. Well not even just now ... they have like 10 year olds and what-not. They've had wives and kids or husbands and kids for a long time now. Kon has an infant, so this jam appears to have just happened in the last year or so. But being a dad doesn't make you not punk. It probably makes you more punk.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I heard the news(after read one post here saying that Superman is grandfather now).. Congratulations Kon.. Beautiful wife.

........ Unfortunatelly I think that now RobinxSuperkid fanbase will grow after this with those who wanted TimxKon.. Poor Damian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-09-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I heard the news(after read one post here saying that Superman is grandfather now).. Congratulations Kon.. Beautiful wife.

........ Unfortunatelly I think that now RobinxSuperkid fanbase will grow after this with those who wanted TimxKon.. Poor Damian.

It's funny, cause SB is the most alpha heterosexual guy in comics bar none easily, but has a huge homosexual fan base thats whole basis is that he is gay and will be with Tim, when nothing could be farther from any version of his reality.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I mean, I grew up punk as f*** and all my friends appear to be married with kids now. Well not even just now ... they have like 10 year olds and what-not. They've had wives and kids or husbands and kids for a long time now. Kon has an infant, so this jam appears to have just happened in the last year or so. But being a dad doesn't make you not punk. It probably makes you more punk.
    LoL.

You're Adorable.

My friends kids are nearly in their twenties.

I'm guessing you've grasped the wrong end here. But do tell me more as to what makes one Punk :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    It's funny, cause SB is the most alpha heterosexual guy in comics bar none easily, but has a huge homosexual fan base thats whole basis is that he is gay and will be with Tim, when nothing could be farther from any version of his reality.
    Never say Never.

People rediscover themselves everyday.

Mighty Member

What I didnt understand:

When Conner was teleported to Gemworld he had the black shirt with red S...
    BUT!!!!!! now he is wearing the old costume, BUT!! HOW!! did he get this costume??? I mean they say CLEARLY that the costume is from Earth, but he was wearing the black shirt and not the costume as he was teleported to gemworld...

So HOW did he get this costume if he couldnt get back to Earth????

I also still hope we get a Conner-Cassie Comeback, it has more potential, especially since they show that Kon-El will be the Superman of the Future....
    The Titans of Tomorrows Version of Cassie and Conner in Pre-Flashpoint were married and some websites says that they also had a child...

I personally would also like if Conner would have the Powers which Chris Kent had...